Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Corporate Research International (CoRI) (3)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

Crickett
Contributor

Conway, AR
USA
66 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2013 :  11:21:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MicahPage

I only do 1 client for them and it's a restaurant. They start at $4 pay. I won't do for less than $20 pay. Hokie forms and force to use IE which I cannot stand.

I find more negatives with this company than positives.

Positives
1. Timely/consistent pay.

Negatives
1. Minimal pay on shops.
2. Illogical increases to shop fees to entice self-assignment ($4.00 to $4.23 for example). Like the 23 cents just made the difference for me.
3. Having to use IE to submit reports.
4. Substandard technology overall on website.
5. Having to "qualify" for clients just to see how low the pay really is.

Well, I don't use IE at all and I can submit reports. Another positive with them is that they are very good at answering mail and any questions. They get back with you right away. I wish they were not insulting about some of their pay, but some of the jobs go up substantially, and then I will take them.

Crickett
Go to Top of Page

ChrisS
Contributor

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2014 :  06:24:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Looks like we're back to not receiving e-mails with commission increases again. That's one thing I wish they'd leave alone - I don't want to have to go through a 15 minute training only to discover the job only pays $5.

Providing merchandising and related services to Southeastern Indiana.
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2014 :  08:27:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is it really that they've turned off the notifications, or have they simply stopped the increases? When I looked at some the other day, fees were all still at the same rates they were at Christmas.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

RHiguera

Torrance, CA
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2014 :  08:00:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
CRI is a legitimate company that has kept its commitments to me when I have chosen. If they ever offer me a job that meets my pay standards, I would take it. But it's been a long time since that has happened.

Roxann Higuera
MSPA Gold Certified #1chref
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2014 :  6:51:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I still get increase emails daily from them.
Maybe it's just for jobs in one's area?
Go to Top of Page

Crickett
Contributor

Conway, AR
USA
66 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2014 :  01:00:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisS

Looks like we're back to not receiving e-mails with commission increases again. That's one thing I wish they'd leave alone - I don't want to have to go through a 15 minute training only to discover the job only pays $5.

LOL. After I did all that the job paid $3.00!! I kid you not. It took 2 months but it finally got up to $9. and since it was like 5 blocks from me I finally did it for them yesterday as I felt sorry for them and the business really needed doing. :) I noticed in another area it had gone up to #11. I rarely ever get an email from them, but have gotten a few jobs from them that pay well and timely by checking their site.

Crickett
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2014 :  10:21:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm only eligible for 1 client (restaurant). I refuse to participate in their "game." I would consider other clients, but if they are going to hide the pay, I say "no way." They should at least be upfront with shop pay so you know whether or not it's worth your time to even go through the process.

If you were looking for a job, would you apply/interview not knowing what the job paid?

I don't understand the big secret. It's just another lame decision by their management team. I still can't understand how people trip over themselves for these absurd shop fees. The restaurant chain I shop, begins at $4 pay. I won't touch it for less than $20 pay. I'm not desperate to have to fill out a lengthy report on 3rd world software for minimal pay. I can buy my own food and save the hassle.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

Tom_in_CentralPA
Apprentice

Chambersburg, PA
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2014 :  4:23:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What's up with Cori ? On the first day of the month about 20 gas station shops were preassigned in a small geographical area.
Looks like they got a higher than the going rate to do them, but the rest of the shops on the board were still paying the minimum...

Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2014 :  12:33:51 PM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Looks like CoRI got underbid on some of the contracts. I don't see squat around my area. Even my far off searches show minimal activity. While they had their issues, the direct deposit and the increasing pay made them attractive to work for. Not sure if I will complete them for anyone else.

Cary
Mystery shopping and Merchandising in Ohio, KY, IN, WV, and More....
Video Certified with Own Camera
Go to Top of Page

AVanderclute

Mahwah, NJ
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2014 :  3:43:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I too have noticed that some of the shops I completed for them on a regular basis are gone. Too bad....I enjoyed shopping those specific clients. I hope I'm able to find the MSC that now has them!

Amy
Shopping NY & NJ
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2014 :  4:16:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Agreed, there is next to nothing in my area as well. I did like some of their jobs. At least two of them went to the same MSC. I'm not doing those DIY for the $12 the new company is paying for them. No idea what the red/blue gas stations are paying, but I doubt those are anywhere near what I got for doing those, either, especially some of the more rural locations I would pick up on a route.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

BigMikeyP
Star Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
336 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2014 :  4:40:45 PM  Visit BigMikeyP's Homepage  Send BigMikeyP an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sandi G

Agreed, there is next to nothing in my area as well. I did like some of their jobs. At least two of them went to the same MSC. I'm not doing those DIY for the $12 the new company is paying for them. No idea what the red/blue gas stations are paying, but I doubt those are anywhere near what I got for doing those, either, especially some of the more rural locations I would pick up on a route.

When I started doing shops for them, the gas station shops were not audited....so I stopped doing those as I was not comfortable doing the audits...in recent months I've done one of the Fast Casual shops (the ones where you can get mostly chicken) but see they have disappeared as well....if anyone knows whos doing those, let me know...

Silver-certified Mystery Shopper covering the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana areas.
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2014 :  06:10:51 AM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Of all the complaints about CoRI, they did increase their shops regularly. I don't think the other companies will do this and will get burned when shops are not completed and they in turn will be penalized according to their contract with the chain.

On a side note, I wonder if Stericycle has any regrets about purchasing CoRI because they have only lost contracts since the takeover. Hmmmmm, wonder if they ate the poisonous toad.....

Cary
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2014 :  07:51:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Since Stericycle owns CoRI and is responsible for their current management, any loss of clients must be in part be due to current management policies. I am not privy to whether Stericycle changed how CoRI bids on projects. Clearly, something besides their name has changed.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2014 :  3:22:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Contracts expire every so many years. Clients want fresh eyes on the subject. Sometimes it's just a matter of being underbid.
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2014 :  09:09:31 AM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think it is purely being underbid. The other companies know they have had the contract for several years and it's easy to multiply the fee x number of stores... however, unless they do the shops they will find out the hard way which shops are hard to get completed. The last round of hardware shops went as high as $75 around here.

Cary
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2014 :  4:05:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been watching a certain location of gas station shops but the fee has not gone up at all. I will pass. Things certainly are different. Hmmmmmmmmm.
Go to Top of Page

EliseSm
Valued Contributor

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2014 :  5:24:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MCBarb

I have been watching a certain location of gas station shops but the fee has not gone up at all. I will pass. Things certainly are different. Hmmmmmmmmm.

So far this year, it has been very quiet on their job board in this area.
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2014 :  10:38:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got an email from a scheduler telling me the "pricing" has changed on one of the restaurant clients. We'll see if that lasts. However, there are clowns willing to spend 1 hour of their time in person for free food (similar to Denny's). I am not one of those. I need to be PAID, unless it's a $20 per entree or higher establishment. Free food isn't worth 1.5 hours of my time unless it's quality.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2014 :  05:17:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I completely agree. There is a new steak house shop about 20 miles from me. I did it once and when it came back around I let it pass. They finally had to pay someone 5.00 to do it. The problem was this place is all country right down to line dances by the employees in the aisles. The music was so loud you couldn't talk to your partner. The servers looked like they had sprayed on jeans. My husband thoroughly enjoyed that. There are several others that don't pay anything but reimburse and it's just not worth it unless I happen to be going that way anyway and want a free lunch or dinner. Maybe if I lived closer it would be alright or maybe I'm just getting old and don't want to leave my rocking chair unless I'm paid.
quote:
Originally posted by MicahPage

I got an email from a scheduler telling me the "pricing" has changed on one of the restaurant clients. We'll see if that lasts. However, there are clowns willing to spend 1 hour of their time in person for free food (similar to Denny's). I am not one of those. I need to be PAID, unless it's a $20 per entree or higher establishment. Free food isn't worth 1.5 hours of my time unless it's quality.

Sue
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums