Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Corporate Research International (CoRI) (3)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

SusanToonces
Valued Contributor

Queens, NY
USA
167 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2014 :  07:09:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
they used to do a famous chicken place. Haven't seen those jobs in months. Do they not do them anymore?

Susan
Go to Top of Page

Netti
Valued Contributor

Hudson, FL
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2014 :  07:45:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Susan, I've been wondering that also about the chicken place.

It seems that when they do post their limited venue's, they are gobbled up almost immediately.

I see the word, "greed" written all over the place. They didn't bid high enough on the contracts and they lost nearly all of their income.
Maybe, it was on purpose; a good tax write off.

Silver Shopper - West Coast Florida
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
291 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2014 :  10:29:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't seen shops for the chicken place here in Southern California in awhile. It's a NATIONAL chain, but not very many left. I think they are a bit overpriced compared to other fast casual places that serve similar food. I only shopped them, but would not patronize them with my own money.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

KarenKachelmeyer

Martinsville, IN
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2014 :  06:49:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I really like that this place pays on time and so quickly, but dangit, I want to get paid what I'm worth! They have 2 shops that are on my way to other shops and a doctor's appointment tomorrow, but I'll be danged if I'm going to work for $3.

There are three types of people in the world, those that can count, and those that can't.
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2014 :  4:06:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Micah -
The national (but sounds New England) chicken chain still has many locations around here. I did 34 chicken shops last year. But the last one I did was in late December. They seem to have disappeared for CoRI. ?Has anyone spotted them elsewhere?

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

KarenKachelmeyer

Martinsville, IN
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2014 :  09:42:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got an email this morning stating that the home decor commissions have increased and that there were several near my home to do. I went and got requalified, noting that some stuff has changed, and there is now quite a bit more work involved. I went to assign them, and the commission has gone "up" to $5. I feel like I should have earned more than that for going through the qualifying presentation/test again.

There are three types of people in the world, those that can count, and those that can't.
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
291 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2014 :  09:16:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am only "qualified" for 1 particular shop. I became qualified back in 2002. I refuse to "qualify" without knowing details and what a shop pays. I think it's very shady on their part to withhold information like this. Maybe I would be willing to be qualified if I knew what it would pay. How many people go applying for jobs that they don't know what the salary will be? I mean if you're going to work fast food like McD, Taco bell, etc, you know it will be minimum wage or close to it. However with mystery shopping, the rates are all over the place because some shops might be reimbursement only or some might just be a phone call shop so it will pay less than an "in-person" shop.

Why does CoRI (and now Stericyle) want to hide this information? Are they embarrassed with the amount they are offering (they certainly should be!!!).

Micah
Go to Top of Page

Crickett
Contributor

Conway, AR
USA
66 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2014 :  12:02:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is so true. I went through an entire qualification on a restaurant in my area, only to find out the pay was THREE dollars!!! That is less than I felt I earned for qualifying! I checked today and it is up to $4.40! Wow! Over a 33% increase! They must consider that HUGE, I did this shop for the previous owners and got $16.00, so....

Crickett
Go to Top of Page

BigMikeyP
Star Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
336 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2014 :  12:16:12 PM  Visit BigMikeyP's Homepage  Send BigMikeyP an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Come to think of it, I used to get an email at least a few times a week with the shops that had high commissions...I'll get an email for shops available but none with higher commissions

quote:
Originally posted by Crickett

This is so true. I went through an entire qualification on a restaurant in my area, only to find out the pay was THREE dollars!!! That is less than I felt I earned for qualifying! I checked today and it is up to $4.40! Wow! Over a 33% increase! They must consider that HUGE, I did this shop for the previous owners and got $16.00, so....

Silver-certified Mystery Shopper covering the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana areas.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2014 :  06:57:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have gas shops that used to be $32 if no one took them, but now they are only $13. They are not raising the fees with the gas like they used to either.
Go to Top of Page

KarenKachelmeyer

Martinsville, IN
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2014 :  6:22:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just spent a long time qualifying for a gas shop with 106 slides in the presentation. I'm trying to route a ton of shops in a little rural town, and this one's on the list.

It's only paying $4! And it's a TON of observations and sneaky photo ops! Fool me once...

On another note, I'd like to do the high commission real estate shops in my area, but I cannot figure out how to unblock the application to watch the presentation. I've tried three different machines and gotten an error on every single one stating that my browser is blocking the dangerous application.

Go to Top of Page

Tom_in_CentralPA
Apprentice

Chambersburg, PA
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2014 :  7:45:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, I noticed even turnpike locations were listed at the same rate last month, which is absurd ! That's amounts to an even lower paying shop since there is no reimbursement for the toll. I once worked for a company with a business manager who had a "Big School" MBA. He always said, we need to test the elasticity of the market....in this case raising prices to maximize profit. In our case they must be testing the elasticity of shopper rates (how low they can go), to maximize profit. Its simple, they are running a business, nothing else. Don't take it personal. We all have to determine for any shop if its worth our time and resources...It our business.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2014 :  06:27:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are not getting shops done at the rate they pay. They still have gas shops from last month and also other shops. They only raise the fee $.25. I am not touching them.
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2014 :  06:43:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It really seems they bought the company just to tear it apart. They are losing contracts left and right, and they are not paying anything resembling a decent rate for shops that have been sitting there for ages. (A website evaluation, a phone call, an onsite visit, and a website followup all for one job that you finally put up to $10 after sending out numerous emails asking us to please help out? Seriously? I guess they win, though, because after almost 3 months, some insane person finally accepted it.) The 3-day window was annoying, the forced to use IE was annoying, but it was otherwise a decent company. I rarely even bother checking the job board any more since it won't even be worth it. It really makes me sad.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2014 :  10:44:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's sad what they are doing. I used to do a lot of work for them but they have lost the big home improvement store and the regional banks around here. The pickens are slim indeed and like you I barely check the board anymore. Maybe they bought it for a tax write off which they will get when they declare bankruptcy. When they raise a fee by .25 I feel insulted. I wouldn't do it on principle.
quote:
Originally posted by Sandi G

It really seems they bought the company just to tear it apart. They are losing contracts left and right, and they are not paying anything resembling a decent rate for shops that have been sitting there for ages. (A website evaluation, a phone call, an onsite visit, and a website followup all for one job that you finally put up to $10 after sending out numerous emails asking us to please help out? Seriously? I guess they win, though, because after almost 3 months, some insane person finally accepted it.) The 3-day window was annoying, the forced to use IE was annoying, but it was otherwise a decent company. I rarely even bother checking the job board any more since it won't even be worth it. It really makes me sad.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2014 :  11:40:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got an email today from a scheduler and she had about 400 gas shops listed and wanted us to take a bunch and do a route of shops. Not at their fees! I replied and asked her why the pay is low?
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2014 :  06:54:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I spoke to a scheduler and asked why the fees are so low and he said the client did that. He also told me they will raise the fees again cuz shoppers are not doing the shops. Oh really??!! Stericycle raised my rating so I can self assign!!
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2014 :  05:18:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Fees for the only gas station they have left haven't changed and some shops are sitting on the board from June. I wonder when the client realizes they have to raise the fees like they were before.
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2014 :  05:42:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They keep sending emails with 'promo codes' that you enter with the report for a bonus boost for that particular shop. You have to enter the code when you enter the report or you lose it since they cannot apply it later if you forgot. At least that is what the email says, I haven't tried it myself. I don't know why they can't just raise the fee like they did before. Maybe using the promo code won't affect the historical fees in case they go back to auto-increases.

My son was peeved last night when he got home from classes and checked his email to find 6 emails in under 3 hours asking him to do college bookstore shops. They sent some with individual colleges and some with a mass list (which included the individuals) and none of them was even in our state. To be fair, one of them was only an hour away, but all the others were 2 days' drive. "Must be done today" Well, you just increased the fees to barely palatable if we were going to be in the area, but not enough to be worth the drive, so you should have made the fees reasonable in the first place. I've been to that city twice in the past month, we could have done it then.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2014 :  01:24:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They just raised my rating so I can self assign shops!

Doesn't count for a hill of beans because the pay is so low it makes me laugh. I'm poor, but working at those rates is like paying them.

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums