Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Corporate Research International (CoRI) (3)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2014 :  07:26:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done a Christmas tree shop? I got an email about them. I'm in FL, and these appear to be NE shops, so I don't know why they sent it to me. I don't want to do the training on them just to see what they are about, but I'm curious. It did not say a Christmas store, it says a TREE. What Christmas tree can you be shopping for in August with a whopping $4 reimbursement? Even ornaments cost more than that!

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2014 :  3:54:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm not pleased with their entire process. For as big of a company as they are and the national clients they have, they should have better technology. Sending out shop notices to all 50 states for something that is regional makes no sense. I got the emails today for $15 pay, but it was in MA and I'm 3K miles away.

The new schedulers certainly aren't helping either. I did get one on "my side" now and the other one is pissed at me. Oh well. Some people realize that working with us is more effective than dictating to us.

I wasn't sad to see them lose some big accounts awhile back to another company that is easier to use. Maybe that is a wake-up call for this poorly run company. I only shop 1 client for them here in CA. I refuse to study/test for clients without knowing the pay first. Would you interview/apply for jobs without knowing details first? Of all the major companies that do shops, this is the only one I'm aware of that feels it necessary to hide the facts from their work force. Just tell us how much upfront. Then we can decide if it's worth qualifying for.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

MisterBill
Star Contributor

NY
USA
261 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2014 :  8:42:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It looks like they lost their big housewares client since I am getting email offering their shops at a different company.

I still miss their chicken shops. Their forms were always ridiculously easy with very little room for narrative. I can't imagine that it gave their clients very good information.

Bill
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2014 :  11:50:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a shop the other day for (REMOVED) and I can't get it turned in. The site says there is a java error and my java is up to date. This has happened before then gone away. I believe the problem is with them but I still can't get it turned in. I have written but got no reply so I wrote again, no reply. Now I get an email telling me this shop is removed because I didn't turn it in. I'm sick of this going on, this is not the first time but it will be the last since I'm not shopping for them anymore. There now I feel better!!!

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2014 :  7:53:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue -

The Java message appears if you are not using Internet Explorer. I have learned that I am able to use Firefox. The message appears and I click on the button that says something to the effect of don't show me these messages anymore and then OK. Then it works fine for that shop. Next shop, the same work-around is required if want to use Firefox. I think the same thing works for Chrome.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2014 :  8:24:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Harvey. I tried IE and Chrome as I was told not use use Firefox because the shops don't show up on their end. I will try again with another low paying shop and see what happens.
quote:
Originally posted by Harvey S.

Sue -

The Java message appears if you are not using Internet Explorer. I have learned that I am able to use Firefox. The message appears and I click on the button that says something to the effect of don't show me these messages anymore and then OK. Then it works fine for that shop. Next shop, the same work-around is required if want to use Firefox. I think the same thing works for Chrome.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

DarkWingDave

Bremerton, WA
USA
45 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2014 :  03:41:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm in full agreement with you. One of my Pet Peeves are the companies that ask for everything short of a DNA sample on you and STILL send notices for jobs on the other coast. At least keep it within the state!

Dave
Silver certified shopping WA and OR.
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2014 :  08:25:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
DWD -

Within the state would not work for me or for many people on the East Coast where states are small, but I understand your comment. I used to get very upset about getting notifications for places hundreds of miles away, but I know that many people are route shoppers and travel much further than I do. BUT - what still irks me are emails which say that shops are "in your part of Philadelphia" and offer me a fee of $6. Well, the closest part of Philadelphia is 25 miles away, and some parts are 70 miles away. Still, I might be a shopper who works in Philadelphia or likes going there. I have been paid to visit the National Constitution Center. And I have done Post Office shops in California when on vacation, and shops in airports as I travel around the country. The real answer is very simple - the DELETE key.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

BigMikeyP
Star Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
336 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2014 :  10:47:52 AM  Visit BigMikeyP's Homepage  Send BigMikeyP an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The last two trips I took I was seeing if shops were available....didn't get any in most recently but I did perform a shop on my last vacation in May...and who knows, perhaps if you are looking for a getaway but don't know where to go, maybe a shop or two can help you discover places to explore.

quote:
Originally posted by Harvey S.

DWD -

Within the state would not work for me or for many people on the East Coast where states are small, but I understand your comment. I used to get very upset about getting notifications for places hundreds of miles away, but I know that many people are route shoppers and travel much further than I do. BUT - what still irks me are emails which say that shops are "in your part of Philadelphia" and offer me a fee of $6. Well, the closest part of Philadelphia is 25 miles away, and some parts are 70 miles away. Still, I might be a shopper who works in Philadelphia or likes going there. I have been paid to visit the National Constitution Center. And I have done Post Office shops in California when on vacation, and shops in airports as I travel around the country. The real answer is very simple - the DELETE key.

Silver-certified Mystery Shopper covering the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana areas.
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2014 :  10:21:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Why can't they just send emails to shoppers that are "qualified" to do the clients? I have only bothered to "qualify" myself for 1 client. But yet, I get all their dopey emails for all their clients I have no interest in. This company continues to be one of the worst companies to work for. Crappy software, low pay. The only benefit they offer is consistently regular shop reimbursement/pay.

They are either too cheap to update their software or pay someone to make simple enhancements.

The one client I do here in California is not a highly desired place to dine. I won't touch for less than $15 shop fee. They start at $4 and send at least 5 emails per day for this client. "now raised to $5, now raised to $6." This is in addition to all the other unwanted clients they send to me including stuff that is way out of the area.

I don't want to see people lose their jobs. It's not the scheduler's fault for the poor managerment/vision. But if there was one company that I wouldn't shed a tear for if they lost all their clients and went away, it would be this one. I will continue to shop the 1 client at a premium until they either lose it or ban me for comments made on this board.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

MisterBill
Star Contributor

NY
USA
261 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2014 :  08:54:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarkWingDave

I'm in full agreement with you. One of my Pet Peeves are the companies that ask for everything short of a DNA sample on you and STILL send notices for jobs on the other coast. At least keep it within the state!

And then when you complain, they tell you that it's not their fault, it's how the system works.

Bill
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2015 :  12:12:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone successfully complete these reports on a mac? I am in bewtween houses and have not set up my desktop PC. I have a macbook laptop. I just submitted report using Mozilla Firefox, but there are issues. I love how on their main page they basically say they only support IE and not anything else including macs. We are in 2015. You think with the amount of apple users (i'm not loyal to apple or PC as i use both) they would have adapted and kept up with the times.

Just curious what any other Mac users are doing to complete reports for this company.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2015 :  08:20:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did anyone else receive a 1099 from this company they feel is incorrect? Am I the only goofball willing to shop for them and go over the $600 threshhold?

I'm seeing an absurd amount reported as "non employee compensation". It appears they are including the mandatory purchase as part of the pay as well. Anytime I've received 1099 from other MSC, it only shows the actual shop fees and does not lump the required purchase together with the shop fee.

Getting ahold of anyone willing to answer questions in this company is a nightmare. The scheduler is new and doesn't know what to do.

Maybe I will have to stop doing assignments for them to avoid improper reporting on their part.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

JenniferWilcox
Star Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
314 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2015 :  09:03:55 AM  Send JenniferWilcox an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MicahPage

Did anyone else receive a 1099 from this company they feel is incorrect? Am I the only goofball willing to shop for them and go over the $600 threshhold?

I'm seeing an absurd amount reported as "non employee compensation". It appears they are including the mandatory purchase as part of the pay as well. Anytime I've received 1099 from other MSC, it only shows the actual shop fees and does not lump the required purchase together with the shop fee.

Getting ahold of anyone willing to answer questions in this company is a nightmare. The scheduler is new and doesn't know what to do.

Maybe I will have to stop doing assignments for them to avoid improper reporting on their part.

Yep, they've always included the purchase reimbursement in my pay too. i don't like that fact.
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2015 :  09:13:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
this is my first 1099 from them. i'm not happy. this company is terrible for so many reasons, now i just found another.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

Marissa luvs to shop

Carmel, New York
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2015 :  8:39:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am very upset as well that I got a 1099. Why should I pay taxes on reimbursement items? I called the company for days and no one has called me back. Not only did I get the 1099 late but it's wrong. I will not shop for them no more. I have done tons of shops for them and this is they way they treat there shoppers.

quote:
Originally posted by MicahPage

Go to Top of Page

Marissa luvs to shop

Carmel, New York
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2015 :  8:43:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I called once again today and was told the higher ups are in meetings. I am very upset that no one has called me back. I will no longer shop for this company. They do not value shoppers and want to inflate my 1099. Very unprofessional.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1710 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2015 :  05:46:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, mine is incorrect also. I called and was told they are in meetings. I was told one shopper used the reimbursement for business expenses. That is going to make 3X the work we have now as we have to calculate miles. THEY need to make it right... it is their errors and huge ones at that. They need to redo all 1099's and the stupid website which shows reimbursements plus fees. COME ON NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Marissa luvs to shop

Carmel, New York
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2015 :  08:06:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They need to fix this. I will not work for them no longer until this is fixed. They have not returned any of my calls. This is unacceptable and they need to send out corrected 1099's. I am livid at all the time I wasted on this.

quote:
Originally posted by MCBarb

Yes, mine is incorrect also. I called and was told they are in meetings. I was told one shopper used the reimbursement for business expenses. That is going to make 3X the work we have now as we have to calculate miles. THEY need to make it right... it is their errors and huge ones at that. They need to redo all 1099's and the stupid website which shows reimbursements plus fees. COME ON NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1710 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2015 :  04:43:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They do have to LEGALLY change all 1099's as they are incorrect. I wonder what the IRS thinks of all of this.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums