Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Corporate Research International (CoRI) (3)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2015 :  06:53:23 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did you keep track yourself of the fees and reimbursements? If so, whoever does your taxes might be able to help if you cannot get a response from them.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Marissa luvs to shop

Carmel, New York
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2015 :  08:16:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I called once again and told there in meetings. I personally think they are avoiding are calls. I spoke to Sam who works in the Mystery shopping area and he suggested that we just back out the reimbursement from our 1099. He said another shopper told him this...I think the higher ups are telling him to tell us this. I am livid that this is the way they treat us. We are on the ground driving and performing these shops for them and they don't have the decency to call us back. I will never work for this company again. How dare they falsify my 1099.

quote:
Originally posted by MCBarb

They do have to LEGALLY change all 1099's as they are incorrect. I wonder what the IRS thinks of all of this.

Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2015 :  3:56:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This company is a clown operation when comparing them to other national MSC. The only positive I can come up with for them is that they pay in a timely, consistent manner. However, many other MSC do as well. I hate daily emails of available shops with increased fees. Plus being in Southern California, I get 1 email for each of the locations since there are quite a few locations within a 30 mile radius. I know how to go and look for shops if I want to do them. If they offered bonuses occasionally (like other MSC), I would appreciate the info, but because they start so low, they have to raise fees daily until someone is desperate enough to agree to do it. Granted, the last few schedulers I've worked with knew my price right off the bat. I would get it immediately too. Maybe they just hope people accept their low-ball offers and they fill shops that way.

Another deceptive practice is that fact they hide PERTINENT information from you UNTIL AFTER you "qualify" to do their shops. I refuse to qualify, since I think they could tell me up front so I know whether it's worth the hassle.

I'm not as furious as "Marissa luvs to shop", so I don't think I'll stop shopping for them, but I think maybe I'll hold out for more $$$ to make up for the inflated 1099s.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1708 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2015 :  06:42:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone gotten an email about shop errors?? I did. They said I should go over the training and if I continued to make shop errors they would not allow me to do their gas shops. The only problem is they Stericycle has problems with their website and it is not my problem. Rhonda someone sent me an email about one of my gas station shops in error. It seems she forgot to look at the overall photo I sent so she could see there was no POP on the poles. Another time, she sent me an email about not answering one of their questions. Hmmm, how was I able to submit the report? They are so full of it. I am not doing any of their dumb gas station shops for a very long time. Stericycle is so unprofessional. The best and perfect example is the 1099's!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2015 :  06:48:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They sent the same email to everyone, even people like me who have not even done one of those gas station shops. Don't take it personally. I think the problem they are having reflects the low fee they are paying and the fact that they are attracting of a lot of newbies to the non-bonused shops. You get what you pay for. [This comment is not meant to deprecate anyone on the board who is doing these shops.]

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2015 :  11:58:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I didn't get that email. I'm only "certified" with 1 client. I cannot stand the "pass to quiz first" attitude to find out details about the assingments. I did get a new 1099 with NO explanation or corrected box checked. This one showed $0.00. You really have to wonder how bad they are blowing it on the client side as well. They can't be only making mistakes with us, can they?

Micah
Go to Top of Page

EliseSm
Valued Contributor

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2015 :  02:23:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
CoRI hasn't had a new job posted in my zip code for months. I called them about a year ago with some shop problem. The folks who assisted me just seemed like they couldn't care less.
Go to Top of Page

DLampkin
Star Contributor

New York City, NY
USA
293 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2017 :  4:04:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know which MSC, if any, has taken over the assisted living shops they used to have back when they were CoRI?

There aren't any on Steicycle's website and the ones I did aren't in my history (though much older ones are), so it's like they've divorced themselves from that division.

~~DLampkin~~
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2017 :  12:30:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did you email the scheduler or call the MSC directly?

There was a restaurant chain in Southern California that just recently stopped shopping. I don't know if the stopped the program or just jumped MSC. It's a smaller local chain. Probably can't afford program with the ridiculous CA labor laws and increases in minimum wage. Something had to give.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2018 :  10:24:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So I found out what happened to the local restaurant chain (small about 15 locations in total) that I used to shop frequently for CORI. I got a call from another company asking me to do a shop. I never look at their hokie website for assignments. I have enough work to choose from with the Sassie notifications as well as other companies that send out professional notifications with links.

Anyways, they asked me to do a shop. I inquired as to what the reimbursement and pay was. The reimbursement was $5 lower per meal period. So basically you would be dining alone or coming out of pocket for 2nd person. The pay was also much less. This is how they were able to liberate the client form CORI (unless there were other factors besides just the price CORI charged).

So at least I know where the shops went. Now if I'm curious, I can watch and see if these get filled regularly or I can get the work with bonuses attached. I'm curious how many people who shopped this client for CORI are now doing the same work for half the pay and less reimbursement.

Micah
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums