Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Corporate Research International (CoRI) (3)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  4:10:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The fees haven't budged here either, and usually by now, some of the weird ones or distant ones have gone up considerably. I was thinking that it might have had to do with all the flooding we've had here and thought they might go up after Labor Day, but it doesn't look like that was it.

So, I haven't done any CoRI shops for two weeks now...it's kind of refreshing to just buy gas and leave!!

I'll be ready when they start to move.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  4:59:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Interesting thing is this is the month they ALL have to be completed, the monthly and quarterly shops.

Hope they go up soon---like to figure out where I am going this weekend.

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  5:16:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
LMAO
Someone in my area has picked up several branded shops for 6.00.
And one of those shops has 20 PUMPS

soooooo does anyone want to place a bet as to IF this person will do this shop. LOL

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  5:23:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Even if they follow through this time, I bet they never do it again!

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  7:08:17 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
$4.00...the ones here are still listed at $3.00! And they are still sitting. I am wondering if there is some type of change taking place since the new company is involved. Maybe they will be going back to routes.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  06:09:39 AM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know there are new shoppers that keep coming in anad taking the $4 gas and hardware shops. At some point they will realize their eyes are bigger than their bank account, not to mention the time that it takes to take the pics, check for POP, and label everything. Yeah NewBeeeeesssss........

I have backed away from ms'ing lately to do my own projects and it really feels good not to be tied to the computer at night doing so many reports. However, I will always be a sucker for a high comissioned urgent shop.

Cary
Mystery shopping and Merchandising in Ohio, KY, IN, WV, and More....
Video Certified with Own Camera
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  08:46:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
so I called a scheduler and talked with her about all this. I was told that "No, the rate increeases had nothing to do with the new company." I tried to expain to her that I understood that some of the shops never go up because some shoppers like to do them for 4.00 all the time. I said that not only are the gas station shops not going up but also another shop has yet to go up. She said she just pulled one up for 12.00 and I said but that is one that has been sitting for 2 months and increasing and it was a quarterly shop. She then said they probably went really low last month. I said, well some that I did last month for 35-40 each were still at 4.00. She said that they were being increased. I said ok, and dropped it.

I love this scheduler, she is probably one of the best around, I guess she just doesnt get what I was asking. Oh well-----

I was going to do shops this weekend but I cant even come up with a group of 15 that would make me some money.

sooooo i guess we wait till someone realizes what we are seeing---that the shop rates are not increasing---NONE of them for any company.

So sad---so sad--

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  09:39:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's quite strange for sure! I just checked and there were some shops (under August) for a particular type of one of their regular gas stations all posted at $50 each. They were gone before I could get any, but the strange thing is they were posted for that fee mid August on July's list. I assumed they were dropped by a shopper and needed to be done ASAP. I was lucky to get two of them, but here they are again @ $50 each. There were at least 5-6 in my area. I hadn't noticed them posted earlier than today and last month they were posted around the same time.

All other shops are sitting at their low starting fees. I'll be driving right by so many of them, but they just aren't worth my time for those fees.

It sounds like the scheduler did not understand what was going on with the fees that we are seeing. I have a feeling there is a plan in the works for all of this, somehow, someway!?? Don't know what it might be, but I have a feeling we may be very busy at month's end. Or like Pam stated, perhaps they are going back to routes.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  12:16:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
no luck for the routes ---I did like those--

But I do agree--we will be VERY busy in the next few weeks--and I fear at not fees we really like

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

EmilyPWa
Valued Contributor

Willard, UT
USA
168 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  9:19:00 PM  Send EmilyPWa an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wont be busy. Some idiot has taken the gas stations at $3 or $4 the past couple of rounds. I can't figure out what they are thinking. They even took the hardware ones for $4 already. I got one for $40 last month that was a little out of the way. I wont leave the house for that price. I only go out now if I can set up several shops at the same time and make decent money. Oh well I will sit at home and do phone shops and make the same amount per shop! :)

Emily
Now shopping in the Ogden UT area
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  05:33:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
UGH---rates are still not increased and I have looked in Houston, San Antonio, Dallas and Austin ---and NO LUCK

Oh well I guess this is God's way to tell me i need to clean this weekend
Would much rather make some money

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  08:52:19 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Every gas station within 100 miles of me is still sitting at 3.00.

"She then said they probably went really low last month. I said, well some that I did last month for 35-40 each were still at 4.00."

How lucky for them to have had so many across the entire country go at such a low rate.

I am not buying it. Maybe they think if they sit long enough and we see them jump by 1.00, we will be all over them.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

JenniferML
Valued Contributor

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  10:03:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What I don't get is that they send emails listing these great increased commissions for shops and then when I go and look for them, the shops aren't there. But the next day, they are listed in the email with an even higher commission.

So either they don't really like me or want me to do a shop for them or there is something weird going on.

I haven't actually done a shop for them in at least 6-7 years...
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  10:06:47 AM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think it all has to do with the new company/owners. The monthly shops around here that are boosted to $15 on the first increase are NOT going anywhere soon. I have other things to do and will not worry much. I actually am starting to enjoy more free time to do other things.... I still have not finished my Gold certification yet... Let's see, do shops for a loss or certification? hmmmmm

Cary
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  11:18:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
cary,
You have monthly shops that have increased this month already? or are these the quarterly shops?

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  11:23:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do agree with you about the new company.
I think the schedulers might be seeing the rates increase on their side but no us---OR

the new company wants to see "how low will we go???" lol

But seriously--I know this sight is monitered by someone at CORI and hope that they will look into this.

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

DarleneH
Star Contributor

Cleveland, OH
USA
1325 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  5:37:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think people put the shops into their carts, then change their mind and later they go back on the board after we have checked-cause even if someone took them they should let you be a backup until the shop is done.
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  03:57:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They FINALLY started moving today.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  06:38:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
WOO HOO
Mine increased too!!!!

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  08:47:51 AM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
cary,
You have monthly shops that have increased this month already? or are these the quarterly shops?

It appeared all the monthly shops were not moving at all. I guess there was some movement sighted this morning, but it could be some blind squirrel getting a nut...

I am totally addicted to this crap and I am honest enough to admit it. I look everyday sometimes twice. I am trying to cut down, if not out, but here I am again.. Failed Rehab...

Cary
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums