Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Corporate Research International (CoRI) (3)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  10:05:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I KNOW the feeling!!!!

My daughter asked me if I was going to enjoy my FIRST nice weekend of not 110+ temp.

And I just walked away--she started laughing and said she was going to hide my laptop so I would take a break---

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  4:57:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For the royal ice cream store, the details remind me I have to have photos of the sundae now. I remember seeing that change, but I think it must have been in an email. I just went through the entire slide presentation twice, and don't see anything about the photos except that I have to have them.
  • Is there any particular angle needed, or is it just two photos that show how it was made to back up my statement of if it met standards?
  • Do I need a time stamp on it like the gas stations?
  • Do I need to photo the burger as well?
I'm thinking of adding one to my road trip tomorrow and don't know if I'll be able to reach someone at the office to help, so any advice from the vets would be appreciated!

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

KarenS
Valued Contributor

Arizona
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  5:23:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For my ice cream shop I had to take a top photo and a side photo. I didn't have a timestamp on my photos and didn't take a photo of anything else. My shop was approved. I thought I saw the examples in the training video.

Of course it was over 100 degrees every day last week so within two minutes of receiving my order everything was melting all over my car! Definitely won't do any more of these without a big bonus.
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  5:41:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much!

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

Angela Smith
Apprentice

New Braunfels, TX
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  9:51:07 PM  Send Angela Smith an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Once you don't work for Corpri for a while, the first time you do takes two weeks to be paid. So for an example, I went out of town from 7/18 until 8/4. I did my first job or shop for Corpri on 8/11 and the rest of that week. I got paid for those jobs on the 26th of August. It took 2 weeks to be paid for them and then the jobs that I did the week of the 14-20th, I got paid on the 2nd of September. Once you do jobs, the first weeks jobs take 2 weeks to be paid but then you get a weekly paycheck if you continually work for them on a weekly basis. Does this help you? They are still paying like they have been for the last two years that I've been working for them, every week on Friday. You now have Paypal or Direct Deposit to choose from. I hope this helped.

Angela Smith
Go to Top of Page

Cindy1948

Utica, NY
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2011 :  01:50:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Please help me understand CORI. I am a fairly new shopper and very new to CORI. I haven't done any shops for them yet. I completed the agreement forms. I then went to the job board and clicked on the graduate and listened to the video. I didn't pass the test the first time and had to retake it. I finally pass and go back and see that the job is now a B. I look at the details of the shop and see it is a tremendous amount of work for a very small fee. Is it really worth doing these gas station shops for the amount offered. There doesn't seem to be very many shops in my area other than the gas stations. Any information on the topic would be greatly appreciated.

Cindy Shepherd
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2011 :  04:58:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cindy,

There's a lot of discussion about this in the previous threads. Here's a summation: They start their shops at very low fees each month. Please do not do them at this rate! Every few days, the computer automatically increases the commissions. The rate of increase is based on what that store's historical prices have been. A store that has been done at a lower rate for several months will have a much slower increase than one that is not completed until the rate reaches $20+. (The highest I've ever seen them is $50, and that is usually only at the very end of the month or if it is past due.) When it gets to a rate that you feel is fair for the work involved, then you put it in your shopping cart and select the day you want to do it. The gamble, of course, is whether someone else feels it is fair at a lower rate than you want.

If you see the B instead of the shopping cart symbol, then you can sign up to be the backup. Look to see if a date is scheduled in the Start Date column. If there's a date within the next few days, then someone else picked it up and scheduled it. You can sign up to be the backup person in case the first person's shop is not accepted. The only problem with this is that it locks in today's rate for that shop, so whatever increases are added to unassigned shops will not apply. If there is no date in the Start Date column, then either you are out of rotation or the shop has been put on hold for some reason by CoRI. Sometimes it will be like that for a day or two, then clear out, you just have to check back.

Hope that helps, good luck, and welcome!

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2011 :  7:35:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandi, Thank you for the logical and clear explanation! I have done over 30 shops for CORI and never knew about the backup with the rates locked.

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Cindy1948

Utica, NY
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2011 :  01:28:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandi,
I too thank you for your information. Looking forward to MS and all the experiences that go along with the job. Thank you!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Eric in Tampa
Valued Contributor

Shopperville, FL
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2011 :  8:39:32 PM  Visit Eric in Tampa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't migrated over to Stericycle just yet. I'm still set in my ways with CORI. Is there a major difference between the two systems? Do you see Stericycle and CORI's systems completed assimilated into each other within the next year per the recent merger?

Eric
MSPA Gold Certified, 2007; IMSC Certified, 2012 (Chicago), 2013 (Atlanta), 2015 (Las Vegas).
Undercover Essentials Video Certified, 2012 and owns PV-500 ECO. Nevada Work card (expires 2020).
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2011 :  05:01:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Eric, I too am interested in this. I have not looked nor have I heard anything from schedulers asking me to please take a job there. Has anyone received an email, since I figure they would use the one from CORI.

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

NinaNY
Contributor

Westchester County, NY
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2011 :  08:33:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eric in Tampa

I haven't migrated over to Stericycle just yet. I'm still set in my ways with CORI. Is there a major difference between the two systems? Do you see Stericycle and CORI's systems completed assimilated into each other within the next year per the recent merger?

I can't imagine how they'd begin to assimilate the two systems as they are so completely different. I have been completing jobs for Stericycle (formerly RQA) for about 2 years. Those jobs are sporadic, nothing regular or "predictable" like CORI's can be. The Stericycle jobs in my area are more merchandise retrievals than mystery shopping.

A forum search for RQA should give you an idea of what Stericycle is like. I love (most of) their jobs and take them whenever I can but I have done a couple that are definitely on my 10' pole list.

Nina
Silver & Gold certified. Shopping the Tri-State & wherever else my two wheels take me...
Go to Top of Page

Cindy1948

Utica, NY
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2011 :  02:03:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am new to CORI as I just posted a few days ago. I have not done any assignments for them as of yet. I attempted to log into my account with them today and found I have been terminated. Has this happened to anyone else?
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2011 :  06:37:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Could be they couldn't verify your social security number. They don't usually fire people and if they restrict you from certain locations they will send you an email. I'd write, they are good about answering me.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

FayEF
Valued Contributor

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2011 :  11:31:20 AM  Visit FayEF's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
The remove me and log out button sometimes are close together. Hate when that happens!!!
Call them you may have accidently removed yourself from their site.
Worth a shot or should say a call.
Good Luck.
Go to Top of Page

Cindy1948

Utica, NY
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2011 :  03:05:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I logged into my account at CORI today and found I have not been terminated as stated yesterday. I have been assigned my first shop with CORI. Wish me luck!!!
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2011 :  08:08:13 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good luck and let us know how it turns out for you.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2011 :  09:01:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone having trouble getting onto the sight?

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

Cindy1948

Utica, NY
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2011 :  02:14:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I completed my first assignment and submitted the report for CORI. I cannot pass the Mystery Shopping 101 test. I have taken the test and watched the video numerous times. I do believe one of the questions is worded wrong, maybe this is the reason. I am of average intelligence with a college education. What am I missing?
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2011 :  08:48:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Call them Cindy. They will talk you through it.

Seems there is at least one question on every test that we tend to "overthink". Go back and look for exact wording in the training.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums