Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Corporate Research International (CoRI) (3)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2011 :  8:36:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow! The Dinosaur brand went extinct on the East Coast over 30 years ago. I just Googled it, and found it is alive and well in 20 Western and Midwestern states.

So, I think that for many of us on the East Coast who are used to the Red-or-Blue stations or the Yellow/Blue/Red-arrow stations, the change to the Dinosaur stations (which I guess I'd term one of several Green stations) does not affect us because of geography. Based upon the description of what is required for the Dinosaur stations, I would not even consider doing one for less than double digits, even if it was on a direct route.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2011 :  1:23:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
looked up OK and read the info about those shops. I think I remember doing a shop simular to this but with another company. Way to confusing of a report, wasnt very long just confusing. LOL I can even remember the scheduler agreeing that it was confusing. Did ONE shop and never another.
But I did have to buy 5.00 in gas and ended up not getting reimbersed 5.00 ONLY 1.00. They just didnt want me putting in 1.00 and the employee figure out who I am.
Oh well---like I said only did ONE of those.

Good Luck to those who do those. Looks like fun!!!!

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

MegPie

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2011 :  5:17:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know for the yellow gas shop what product to purchase in Oct is for the "plus" shops? Is it the same as it usually is (coke)? For some reason, it won't let me bring up the details on any of the shops. TIA!
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2011 :  6:51:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am not sure what shop you are refering to...but here in Tx we have a gas shop attached to a major discount retail that sells EVERYTHING and some have their own gas stations.

Anyways....for that one we are to buy Pepsi or Diet Pepsi.

If that does not help please email me and I will help you from there.

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

EmilyPWa
Valued Contributor

Willard, UT
USA
168 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2011 :  06:55:13 AM  Send EmilyPWa an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did the audits that CORI now has for another company a couple of years ago. I am not sure if the audit is the same. But I did get paid $15 per location for them and it only took 10 minutes. I would never consider taking them for $3. I grouped a bunch together at the $15 rate and made good $ for the time. I am hoping the person that takes all the regular shops at $3 does not take them. So they get bonused to a good rate. I might consider them again if they were $15.

Emily
Now shopping in the Ogden UT area
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2011 :  07:01:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would consider them for $15.00 as well but nothing less.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Cindy1948

Utica, NY
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  01:53:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There are some audits available in my area. It seems like a lot of work for the money. How are you received after you disclose who you are to the manager?
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  09:54:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Are these the gas station audits?

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

Cindy1948

Utica, NY
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  1:28:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes they are the gas station/minimart. You need to purchase $1 in gas and $1 in the store plus take pictures of any things that are not appropriate.
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  5:18:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Since this has been going on for several months now, once you announce that you are the Mystery Shopper, most of the employees are like...oh ok and reach for the paper. I VERY rarely get refused anymore, when they first came out I was not alloweed to complete a lot of them. Most of them will ask you "how they did and even offer you an extra water or something to eat". I have always refused the extra, not sure how that would look to company, esp. if I have to write a bad report.

I am sure you will do fine. My suggestion is to make sure you take a couple pictures of the location, esp if it is hard to get the sign, canopy and store in all one shot.(sometimes I have 3 pictures for this, just because i am unable to get a clear photo of just the one overall). Also please take 2 pictures of EVERY pump even if it is all correct (the signs). I have gotten in the habit of taking a full shot then just the top, and then submit both. I was told sometimes it is hard to see the application holder in the overall one, and to make sure I get paid I take 2. It only takes a few extra min to load, and label....but I am getting paid for the shop each time!!!!

Good Luck!!!!

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

Netti
Valued Contributor

Hudson, FL
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2011 :  08:41:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't know about the other states but in my area in Florida, you are now suppose to get a receipt from the pump for the yellow gas stations. Which would be alright, IF the stations didn't put a $75 hold on your card for 24 hours. Not just the yellow stations are doing this, but the majority of them. I sure don't have that amount of money to tie up if I were doing three or more stations a day.

Even if you have a prepaid card, they still put that hold on it, so your prepaid is pretty useless for an entire day.

Needless to say, I'm staying away from the shops that require you to get a receipt from the pump.

Silver Shopper - West Coast Florida
Go to Top of Page

JonK
Contributor

AL
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  2:10:31 PM  Visit JonK's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Question about the compliance gas stations in front of the Supercenter. I looked in two states, and all but one were showing up as Backup and all had the same commission listed ($20). I asked support what was going on and they said they have all been selected, but this has never happened before, and I certainly haven't seen them listed in the commission increase daily emails.

I'm curious if anyone else sees this in their area? It's too odd to be true unless somehow they've let the Stericycle reps have them.

Jon
Shopping all of Alabama, Mississippi, Florida panhandle, most of Tennessee, western Georgia and anywhere else where there's opportunity!
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  2:21:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Question about the compliance gas stations in front of the Supercenter. I looked in two states, and all but one were showing up as Backup and all had the same commission listed. I asked support what was going on and they said they have all been selected, but this has never happened before, and I certainly haven't seen them listed in the commission increase daily emails.

Huh. Every single one of them, all in backup with supposedly scheduled start/completion dates of today, all at exactly the same commission. Methinks there's a glitch and support wasn't aware.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

JonK
Contributor

AL
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  3:01:42 PM  Visit JonK's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for checking, Sandi. After I consulted with support and they said they were all taken, I was in a panic and didn't know what to think. Let's hope it's a software issue and they'll get it fixed soon.

Jon
Shopping all of Alabama, Mississippi, Florida panhandle, most of Tennessee, western Georgia and anywhere else where there's opportunity!
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  7:05:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am in the Houston area and I did a couple of those stores this weekend and there are a few left in Austin and San Antonio. I have noticed that the ones in Austin were gone kinda fast but shrugged it off to someone took them at low rates.

Also 20.00 each??? Nice cause here they NEVER get that high, maybe to 15.00 on some of the distance ones but they are normally around 10.00 to 12.00.

Contact the scheduler tomorrow and she can look and see exactly WHO has them if anyone has them at all.

Good Luck with this and let me know what happens.

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  7:13:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
JonK
I was wondering what do your shops usually go for??

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

JonK
Contributor

AL
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  7:17:46 PM  Visit JonK's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
MsKim-

It varies. The ones near me are in a larger metro area where there are many shoppers, so they usually get to $15 or so like you mentioned; no more than that. But I also do routes in rural areas where they get close to $40 at the end of the month.

Jon
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  7:33:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well....this does sound strange cause there is no way ONE person could do all those shops in one day, esp now that we have to do them in a certain time frame.

I would definatly get a hold of the scheduler.

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

Cindy1948

Utica, NY
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  01:24:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm in the upstate NY area and everything listed is backup. However I did sign up for one job and was assigned to it immediately. The gas station assignments (audits )in this area are listed at $10
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  10:45:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just because they're listed as backup on the big page doesn't mean they really are. Try scrolling to the bottom of the details page to be sure.
Happens here a lot, for different clients: shows backup, but on the details page allows me to "add to cart" anyway.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums