Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Corporate Research International (CoRI) (3)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2011 :  09:09:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The Dinosaur brand shops have been bonused after sitting all month. Nice bonuses too. This reminded me of something my father never could get through my mother's head. Buy a lot when it's cheap and you'll save in the long run. If CRI would just have started these out at a decent rate they wouldn't be having to overpay now. Don't you think the suits upstairs would have figured this out? Maybe I'm giving them too much credit.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

HamiltonJackson05

Virginia Beach, VA
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2011 :  9:19:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How do we know if they are overpaying for these shops? They could still be making a decent amount even with the bonus being offered. You know they set the comm. so low to start because they know they will still get some fools to signup for those shops. It is crazy how low some of these shop fees are!

Hamilton
MSPA Silver certified and wanting to be video certified
Shopping in Hampton Roads
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2011 :  9:24:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Even if they aren't overpaying, I think that they could have seen a lot go for more than the original fee but less than the current fee.

Sandie * MSPA Gold
I have video equipment and love route shopping.
Go to Top of Page

EmilyPWa
Valued Contributor

Willard, UT
USA
168 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2011 :  2:42:56 PM  Send EmilyPWa an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The dinosaur ones by me are still sitting at $5. I think it is because of the idiot that has been taking them for $4 the past few months. I keep watching for the price to go up! I figure it will eventually :)

Emily
Now shopping in the Ogden UT area
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Netti
Valued Contributor

Hudson, FL
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  5:39:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JonK

Question about the compliance gas stations in front of the Supercenter. I looked in two states, and all but one were showing up as Backup and all had the same commission listed ($20). I asked support what was going on and they said they have all been selected, but this has never happened before, and I certainly haven't seen them listed in the commission increase daily emails.

I'm curious if anyone else sees this in their area? It's too odd to be true unless somehow they've let the Stericycle reps have them.

Yes, I've seen them in Florida that way. One day, they all sit empty, the next day the majority of them have been taken. This would be understandable if they were in specific areas but who ever takes them, takes a slew.

Silver Shopper - West Coast Florida
Go to Top of Page

Netti
Valued Contributor

Hudson, FL
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  5:45:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
By the way, one scheduler told me that there is a 45 day wait before you can re-apply for the gas audit. If that is the case, where are these people coming from who grab the stations at a higher fee, each and every month? I have my suspicions....

Silver Shopper - West Coast Florida
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  11:24:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I thought there was a 30 day on the monthly ones and a 6 month on the quarterly ones????
Hmmmm not sure but there are plenty around my area and traveling some to keep me busy right now.....THANK GOODNESS

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  11:28:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Also I was wondering ....I see the quarterly shops...I see the audit shops that are done monthly....but I do NOT see the ones that are "regular"...(the ones you dont have to announce that you are there)

Does anyone else see these????

OK so I know that this company has recently sold ALL the stores in my area but not the gas.....so I guess these stores will now become branded.

OH FUN....I liked doing the regular shops because there werent as many pictures. LOL

Oh well....the I guess that is the life of a MS...things are always changing. lol

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2011 :  04:42:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The non-revealed red/blue ones were supposed to be phased out when the revealed ones began. They haven't been mysteries here for months. Those you can do every other shop, so whether it is a monthly or a quarterly, someone has to do that store in between your visits.

There's another company they do with a rainbow color that is a 45-day rotation, so if you pick it up early one month, you can also get it late the next month. It's not usually worth doing early in the month, though, which effectively makes it the same rotation as the other. That one is still a non-reveal.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2011 :  2:19:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So even though they still sell that GAS they wont be shopped as a branded location????

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

Eric in Tampa
Valued Contributor

Shopperville, FL
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2011 :  5:31:04 PM  Visit Eric in Tampa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not sure where this was (or if) mentioned in a prior CORI thread but why does it seem that the direct deposit verification process takes close to a month to complete? I gave CORI my bank account #, routing #, and type of account and it is now on Week #3. In opening an email today, the CORI agent mentioned that the "process should be verified today and I should be able to receive invoice payments next Friday."

Meanwhile, no confirmation email that it was completed (as to what it was alluded to) and it is quite possible that I may or not may be able to receive payment for another 7-10 days, if I am lucky. And you would think that by switching from PayPal to direct deposit would be easy? Just to verify a checking/savings account?

If I had known, I would have allowed CORI to charge me the small percentage on invoices rather than direct deposit.

Eric
MSPA Gold Certified, 2007; IMSC Certified, 2012 (Chicago), 2013 (Atlanta), 2015 (Las Vegas).
Undercover Essentials Video Certified, 2012 and owns PV-500 ECO. Nevada Work card (expires 2020).
Go to Top of Page

EllenNC
Star Contributor

Raleigh, NC
USA
498 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2011 :  5:40:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Eric, I'm not sure what the problem is. I didn't have this problem.

Ellen
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2011 :  7:41:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It isn't CoRI's fault, it is the way the ACH process is set up and how long it takes banks to connect everything. The company where I worked for 14 years had a lot of bank draft customers. It *always* took a minimum of two weeks, frequently three, to get new ACH accounts set up even though we were set up to transmit the request the same day. That seems ridiculous in today's technology, but it is the banking system that takes that time. (heaven forbid we tried to draft payment and the client didn't have the money; it took up to a month for us to be notified of the NSF situation. truly absurd.)

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Eric in Tampa
Valued Contributor

Shopperville, FL
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  04:56:01 AM  Visit Eric in Tampa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
@ Sandi G I was thinking exactly what you mentioned. I just found it weird that when you verify your bank account with PayPal, for example, their process of sending that small deposit and yourself confirming what you received would be sufficient verification enough. That in itself only took a couple of days, maybe?

Of course, the ACH process with other companies are far different than PayPal's, to whom the latter has massive financial resources. It is something that in 2011, the ACH process doesn't seem to have progressed enough to have a simple checking account with a major interstate bank verified in a reasonable span of days, say 5-7 business days.

Eric
MSPA Gold Certified, 2007; IMSC Certified, 2012 (Chicago), 2013 (Atlanta), 2015 (Las Vegas).
Undercover Essentials Video Certified, 2012 and owns PV-500 ECO. Nevada Work card (expires 2020).
Go to Top of Page

HamiltonJackson05

Virginia Beach, VA
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  11:56:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone have any ideas on small cameras I could get that have a date AND timestamp function? I have a Nikon d3000 which has both obviously, but it would be nearly impossible to keep it hidden for gas station shops. Just wished CRI would just accept a date stamp instead of having both the time and date stamp. It would suck to have to buy another camera, but there are so many gas shops around here.

Hamilton
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  12:54:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There have actually been times when I forgot to turn on the date and time on my camera. If you use Picasa to edit you can add text and just type in the date and time at the bottom. I have done this several times and don't have a problem with the shop being accepted. You can get the time and date from the bottom of the picture.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

MarkFL
Valued Contributor

FL
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  4:10:50 PM  Visit MarkFL's Homepage  Send MarkFL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you have the correct time and date set on your camera, there is great free software called Photoscape. It will even do a batch editor where it will put the actual time and date taken on each photo in the folder.
http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/download.php
If anyone wants to use it and learn the batch edit process, drop me a line.

Mark
MSPA Gold Shopper and Professional Merchandiser.
Go to Top of Page

LauraFL

Tampa Bay, FL
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  5:17:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Why, oh why, does CORI not add a Save function to their reports? I have had problems two different times with the tasty treat forms not submitting on CORI's end. It's frustrating doing double the work for a low-paying shop when the problem could quickly be remedied by having a Save option.

Laura
Shopping the Tampa Bay area since 2004
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  5:22:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Amen Laura, just a few days ago I had to try three times to turn in the same shop. It is frustrating indeed. A simple save would do the trick but better watch out an upgrade might come out of our pay.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

HamiltonJackson05

Virginia Beach, VA
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  6:45:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was going write a post about that same problem. Without the save option it makes it a lot harder to complete reports if something were to happen within the crazy 6 hour deadline. I guess they figure people would never do multiple shops a day. Silly me.

Hamilton
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums