Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Corporate Research International (CoRI) (3)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  8:27:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sue Br.

Amen Laura, just a few days ago I had to try three times to turn in the same shop. It is frustrating indeed. A simple save would do the trick but better watch out an upgrade might come out of our pay.

I've learned (if i can remember each report) to open a new window with CoRI and log in to it just before clicking submit on long narrative forms. I also save a copy of the complete unsubmitted form with CutePDF, and the longer narratives to wordpad, just in case.
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  8:42:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have noticed that Cori "refreshes" their web site around 8-12 minutes after the hour. I try and not submit a report during that time because I have found my reports dont usually go through.

So I guess what I am trying to say is try not to click submit till about 15 after the hour. Hey a few min of wait is better than retyping some of the reports.

Kim

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  11:28:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have some shops coming up and will try to wait till 15 minutes after the hour. You might just be on to something there. Thank you

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  5:46:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This may not be the best way but it works for me. When I get the pictures for a certain location all ready to upload to a folder I transfer them to a file with that location's name. I have a file on my desktop with individual files for each company. Under each company is a file with the month then all the shops I did in that month are in that file with their own file. When someone wants another picture or you need to find out something from a picture there it is. Also any correspondence about a shop can be put in that folder so you know where everything is. When it's time to upload the pictures you can go to the file and everything is right there. This works for me but if someone has another idea I am open to suggestions. Hope that helps.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  5:59:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I label ALL my pix....It really does not take much time then I transfer them all to the resizer. When I do my reports I only have to pull up the resizer one time and all the shops are on there. After I have finished my reports, I have a folder for each month, in that folder are the days I did the shop and the receipts and pix are all there. At the end of the month I put it on a stick....and then that way I have all the information if needed for future reference. I also take a pix of my notes and label it. That way I dont have to hold on to all the paper work forever.

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  08:18:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't understand something about CoRI. They just emailed me a list of 27 jobs that are bonused now in my area (about a 40 mile radius) and said that I am among the first to receive notice of these bonuses so I need to act now. However, these jobs have never shown up and still don't show up when I do a search for jobs in my area. Even using a 100 mile radius.

The email states that if I want to pick any of them up or to get more info on the jobs, log into my account.

The email is sent using a "no-reply" email address so can't reply to that and I don;t expect to get a quick answer by emailing support so I'm asking here in hopes for a quicker answer.
Go to Top of Page

HamiltonJackson05

Virginia Beach, VA
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  08:23:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm getting those emails too! What a tease.

Hamilton
MSPA Silver certified and wanting to be video certified
Shopping in Hampton Roads
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  08:31:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HJackson05

I'm getting those emails too! What a tease.

Wait, I figured out what's going on. Since they are bonused shops, I assumed they are November jobs and was only looking in the November listings. However, I see they are listed in the December listings. Still strange, because I didn't know MS companies bonus brand new jobs. I thought they only bonus overdue or "almost due" jobs.
Go to Top of Page

Payne

Carmel, IN
USA
46 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  08:37:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have found the on line chat support very helpful with this company--sometimes there are restrictions on shops which don't allow you to pick a date--you can put the shop in your basket, but that's it. Online chat has helped me out by manually assigning these--sometimes its just a rotation issue or something that's a quick fix. They can help you out with the bonused shops too if you can't find them--they are great!
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  12:35:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I really wish CoRI would list the rate of pay for shops that you need to qualify for before being able to assign them to yourself. It's aggravating to have to watch a 20-30 min training video and take the qualification test only to find out it is a very low paying job for the amount of effort needed.

I just think that asking people to spend 30+ min of their time before they can even see how much they will be paid is not fair to an IC who's time is money. It's only fair, right?

All in all, though, I do like CoRI. they have their downsides like every company, but I think they are OK.
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2011 :  10:29:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I always assume the job will be in the low range of fees. However I will complete the training so that I am prepared to accept the job when the fee increases as it usually does.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

LAlao
Star Contributor

LA
USA
317 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2011 :  05:16:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
At least a year ago I remember them saying (whether it was in email or on the website-I don't remember) that they were working on new plans, one of which was to enable us to see the shop fee before qualifying. It was quite a while ago and it never happened. I guess they realized that no one would bother with the training if they could see the little tiny shop fees first.
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2011 :  6:59:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do not understand this company. They have gas shops for the stations in front of the Wal-mart stores although I am told they are not affiliated with the world's largest retailer. The shops starts out dirt cheap and no one takes them but for the last three months they have jumped to $20.00 and all have become back up jobs. This is so odd because I watched this month, checked in three times a day and still missed all the shops. Does anyone have a clue as to what they are doing? Even the hard to place locations are now back up, me thinks something is amiss.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2011 :  7:37:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sue Br.

I do not understand this company. They have gas shops for the stations in front of the Wal-mart stores although I am told they are not affiliated with the world's largest retailer. The shops starts out dirt cheap and no one takes them but for the last three months they have jumped to $20.00 and all have become back up jobs. This is so odd because I watched this month, checked in three times a day and still missed all the shops. Does anyone have a clue as to what they are doing? Even the hard to place locations are now back up, me thinks something is amiss.

My guess is, with these $20 shops that are all of a sudden getting picked up, I think they are offering them to some...ummm...shoppers through email or phone offerings so you never see them as available at $20 because they email/call the shopper while the fee is still at $10-25, shopper says yes, they give it to shopper and then raise it to $20 and all you see is a backup at $20.

I have gone through the training for some of these gas shops and personally, even if the shop was right next door, I'd never do one for $20, let alone the pennies they start out at. So much involved, so much to remember. Then on some shops you have a good chance of getting caught and have to produce your LOA and even then it's a sticky situation. And then on others, part is covert, and then the other part is mandatory revealed. All the time, memory and thoroughness involved, then you add on the fact that I bet the reports are long and require a lot of narrative, and then you throw in the "ugliness" factor. $20-gas-pre time-drive time-report time=in the red.

If I was the manager at one of these stores and someone came in, left, and then came back in to tell me he was auditing me covertly the whole time, I would politely tell him that as a security measure I will have to call the police as it looks shady to me and you can never be too sure in the C-Store/Gas industry, where we get robbed all the time.

I'll do an appointment audit or even a 100% revealed but non-apointment audit, but not these sneaky audits, as I call them. I would only consider one at $50 min. and no more than 30 round trip. But that ain't usually happenning, so they can keep 'em.
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2011 :  7:53:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think you must have the gas shops mixed up,. These are very easy. I take my grandson who tries to buy tobacco products. The point of the stop is to see if the clerk asks for ID. Then he buys a liquid refreshment product. I take a picture of the pump, bathroom and across the street an overall. These are beyond easy to do and the input takes about 8 minutes. I never reveal myself. I believe you might be right about the favored ones getting the shops. This is certainly not right with them going so high. Oh well, perhaps I need to write to them and just ask what is going on.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

MattMS
Star Contributor

Genoa, Illinois
USA
360 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2011 :  9:00:46 PM  Send MattMS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Larry - I can understand, maybe, that there are many observations for these shops. (Though I can also tell you from doing so many of them, I see all these observations so quickly I don't even think about it.)

However, I'll as politely as possible, say you're dead wrong on the reports. CORI reports are the EASIEST I have ever done. Yes/No, usually 15-30 questions, occasionally even less. ONE or two TOPS 400 character (2-3 sentence) narratives unless there are no responses. My narratives are usually, "The store was very clean. The staff were friendly and helpful." If there is a no, it is, "The toilet in the bathroom was dirty" or "The pump had an out of service bag on it," and they are always accepted with a 5/5.

I do these as often as they are at a minimum of $10 for shops <25 miles and $15 for shops >25 miles, and I LOVE them.

Just my 2 cents!

Matthew - shopping North Central & North West Illinois
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2011 :  9:22:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MattMS

My narratives are usually, "The store was very clean. The staff were friendly and helpful." If there is a no, it is, "The toilet in the bathroom was dirty" or "The pump had an out of service bag on it," and they are always accepted with a 5/5.

Really. Maybe I work too hard then. Especially with a company like CoRI, I follow the "book" when it comes to narratives. Have read a lot of training materisals on mystery shopping sites, even in MSC sites that state that an answer like "The store was dirty/clean" is not acceptable as the details are needed. So in other words, it should be more like..."The store seemed very clean; the windows were shiny, the floors looked frequently maintained, the counters were wiped and there was no apparent dust on the shelf-tops."

Maybe I pay too much attention to these "training manuals". In fact, I find that CoRI doesn't give me enough rooom for all the details many times. Benchmark on the other hand did not have any character limits the last time I did a job for them and thank god becuase I needed it as the shop went terribly wrong in terms of they did not accommodate a certain scenario on the report. Lots of explaining to do.

So I have a question for all you gas shoppers out there...

How on earth do you take photos of things outside the station without getting caught?

Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake, at least I'm done with merchandising... for goodness sake.
Go to Top of Page

HamiltonJackson05

Virginia Beach, VA
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2011 :  10:43:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cellphone or a small pocket camera probably. You would be surprised how much you can get away with without being caught. As long as your discrete about your business you should be fine. You are the only one that knows you are a shopper.

Hamilton
MSPA Silver certified and wanting to be video certified
Shopping in Hampton Roads
Go to Top of Page

MsKim
Star Contributor

Bryan, Texas
USA
419 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  05:00:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree, the reports are very easy and once you do several the are even easier. As for making sure you have correct narritive,...well yes you do need to say, "the front door were dirty with handprints and dirt, or the floor was dirty with dirt and trash." Think of it as what you would say when if you were on the phone to someone. I will be more narritive on some things when needed.

As for the pictures, you will be AMAZED at how "unaware" people really are. Most customers are on phones, texting, or talking to someone in the car. On the occation I get spotted by a customer, I quietly tell the person I am a mystery shopper, and they go back to ignoring me.

The gas station in front of the BIGGEST RETAILER, they are the eastiest since NO ONE ever pays attention at this place. I have NEVER been seen or asked what I am doing while there.

As for all the pictures, I promise it gets easier the more you do.

If you EVER need some tips or help organize pictures, PLEASE email me. I am more than happy to explain what I do.

Good Luck and once you start doing these shops you will be addicted.

Also the scheduler for the gas stations and the one in front of retail store, welll....THEY ARE BOTH THE BEST!!!!! They are BOTH VERY helpful, understanding and will do what ever they can do help you.

Good Luck and please if you need any more help, email me!!!
Kim

Ms Kim
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  05:05:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Larry -

The photographs can be tough at times, but some can be taken (or must be taken) from across the street. With practice, the one of the pump can be done if you park correctly so as to allow enough space to keep the car from blocking any part of the pump. I do it last. The ones in New Jersey can be really hard since they are all full-service (by law) and the attendants watch everything. I have occasionally had to take a photo of the actual pump with the attendant hovering near-by. I say something like "Wow. No one in xyz-state will ever believe how cheap gas is here. I think I'll take a photo of the pump just to prove it to them." That works for the price sign also. It does require that I have an xyz-state license plate. The easiest photos are the ones of the restroom. The camera fits in my pants pocket. I never use flash outside. If you are concerned about the flash being seen from the bathroom, turn it off there also.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums