Page: of 19

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2014 :  3:28:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StephinAlabama

Thanks Lynn! After taking a 2nd look at this thread I see that these gas shops are really geared to people who whip out a high volume of them. ......

High volume, yes. Maritz is very loyal to their shoppers who do a great many jobs, don't mind driving for little travel expense.
But just as MarketForce is known for, Maritz will burn out shoppers and then toss them aside, with no explanation why.
Go to Top of Page

KarenMSW
Valued Contributor

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2014 :  4:13:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
[
But just as MarketForce is known for, Maritz will burn out shoppers and then toss them aside, with no explanation why.

I do a lot of work for them (and turn down just as much for various reasons including this horrible winter - don't want to leave them in the lurch. I have found them to be nothing but reasonable with route pay requests and reschedules. Maybe I missed it but I also don't recall anyone posting about being treated as you have referenced above. What exactly is your proof for the above assertion?

Steph - if you are not doing it already, don't upload your pictures while you are going through the report. Do the report first, then upload all of your pictures at the end. It goes considerably faster that way. It really does get faster. Whenever it's a new round the first one takes me longer, the subsequent ones are quite a bit quicker once I refresh my memory as to what to look for. The only issue I have is the slightly different requirements between the various brands so I try not to mix brands on the same day.

Karen
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2014 :  08:00:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Uh, Doing several thousand jobs for them over the years, driving to remote locations to help them out, taking care of entire territories for them.... Then when a job goes bad, or I got ill and spent time in the hospital, or when I was ID'ed at too many locations.... No more jobs, no answer to my calls, no explanation or gold watch or anything.
I never learned exactly what my infraction was that caused them to pull my access. Never got to talk to anyone about it.

Maritz was great to work for, and I agree, they were reasonable about bonuses for travel.
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2014 :  07:44:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm wondering about the NEW petroleum client and the $11 entry fee. Is this really worth the time/effort? If so, WHY? There seems to be quite a few here in Southern California still on the board. There are too many shoppers here in So Cal and all the good shops are snatched fast. It makes me wonder if these are not worth the trouble or if people who used to do them with prior MSC have not found them with Maritz yet.

If you've done the new global petroleum client and think the $11 fee is worth it, can you explain all that is involved?

Micah
Go to Top of Page

Joyce A H1
Valued Contributor

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2014 :  08:11:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also have done many years and a high volume of shops for them and told I have a high rating. Yet, when I needed a couple of day's beyond a due date for recovery from a extreme injury, the shops were canceled. When a need for an extension of a couple of day's because of inclement weather that was not going to clear within the 3 day extension offered, all shops were canceled. These shops were at the beginning or middle of the quarter and in no danger of not meeting the last possible deadline. I also have been removed from client shops for being recognized in one area due to the auto reassignment, yet could have done other shops in other areas where I had not completed a shop for that client.

Market Force, I found, has been very understanding and worked with the situations and extended many shops out and not just once, but several extensions. I found several other companies that I work for with less shops and less amount of years also to be very understanding.
Go to Top of Page

KarenMSW
Valued Contributor

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2014 :  6:42:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MicahPage

I'm wondering about the NEW petroleum client and the $11 entry fee. Is this really worth the time/effort? If so, WHY? There seems to be quite a few here in Southern California still on the board. There are too many shoppers here in So Cal and all the good shops are snatched fast. It makes me wonder if these are not worth the trouble or if people who used to do them with prior MSC have not found them with Maritz yet.

If you've done the new global petroleum client and think the $11 fee is worth it, can you explain all that is involved?

If it's the ones that I'm thinking of, they are super simple and well worth the $$. Between onsite and reporting, including pictures, it worked out to about $30/hour for me. It was all basically checkboxes and no narrative - either the elements are there or they are not. One thing that I started doing which simplified the entire process was to take pictures of everything and do the reporting based on my photographic evidence (rather than writing it down). I just toggled back and forth between the report and the screen - saved time on site, particularly since it was frigid at the time. For me it's faster to snap pictures than it is to juggle paperwork (especially since I was doing it while wearing gloves). If you are in an area where you have quite a few (or can mix them in with the other brands), IMO they are worth the fee (especially since they pay within 2 weeks).

Karen
Go to Top of Page

KarenKachelmeyer

Martinsville, IN
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2014 :  08:46:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have never done a grocery store audit before. Maritz recently started doing some, and I'd like to give it a shot, but I don't know what it entails since Maritz doesn't give you job information until you accept the shop. Will someone who has done these before please tell me what the job looks like? Is it worth the $10 pay?

There are three types of people in the world, those that can count, and those that can't.
Go to Top of Page

LynnPerley
Valued Contributor

Kernersville, NC
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2014 :  09:07:41 AM  Send LynnPerley an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Karen, they do a discount chain here. They take me no longer than 30 minutes in the store. The first time you do one, it will take longer. You might consider waiting for an incentive if the shop is not near something else you have to do anyway. I always have something else to do nearby. I like them, but judging by how often they have incentives I think I am the only one in my area who likes them.

Lynn
Shopping the Piedmont Triad, NC Area
MSPA Silver # qhhkk5
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2014 :  08:06:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This company has nothing for me. I do not like to have to call them. I am sure not doing a home improvement shop for $12. Gas station for $10?? Hmmm, I think not.
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2014 :  08:56:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've always wondered why people don't wait for the bonuses every month. They routinely give them out after mid-month. Why work for the base pay when you know the bonus is only coming? I notice more people in the greater los angeles area are starting to catch on and let them sit for longer periods. Then when they add the $5.50 incentive for the MEGA-BANK ODP scenario, they snatch them right up.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

KarenKachelmeyer

Martinsville, IN
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2014 :  04:24:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've never seen an incentive for those in my area, no matter how late in the month it is :(

There are three types of people in the world, those that can count, and those that can't.
Go to Top of Page

KarenMSW
Valued Contributor

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2014 :  8:39:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't wait for the bonuses because they either rarely show up, or the locations that do show up are not large enough to warrant doing them. I have to look at the big picture - can I make more $$ in a bonus or do I make more $$ putting together a route at the regular price? Couple that with the fact that I can plan other shops in that route that "sweeten the deal" that won't still be available at the time that a bonus may or may not show up, thereby losing that additional income as well, it makes more sense for me to take the shops at the amount offered. I can't run my business on hope, only on certainty. The certainty is that, if I wait, I will make less. It would be lovely to get bonuses, but it's not realistic or practical to count on it in my area. If this were not true, of course I'd wait for the bonus, to suggest otherwise is just silly. Every area is different, that's just how it is in my neck of the woods.

Karen
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2014 :  9:59:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is there a way to find out the shop requirements before requesting one of them? I am afraid to accept the auto parts store which requires an online purchase, store pickup, and store return without knowing the dollar value of the required purchase. I also don't know the time interval between pickup and return. If I have to wait a day, then the fee has to be high enough to justify two trips. I did assign myself the phone inquiry and in-store inquiry. Not a fortune, but the amount of work seems reasonable. Any thoughts?

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

Rita Collins
Star Contributor

Michiana, MI
USA
518 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2014 :  2:18:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't like to home improvement shops. I had not done shops like that in almost 10 years and do not intend on doing them again soon.

Rita Collins
Shopping Michiana
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2014 :  09:52:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I will start with how much I love some of the projects they do. They pay on time.

However, there are several things that are irritating with Maritz. First, you have to upload the receipt/picture/etc. Then you have to invoice and upload again. I don't know of another company that is this goofy.

Just now I self-assigned a bank shop (end of month) that someone cancelled and I called to get the standard $5.50 bonus they apply at the end of the month. They sent the email last week about bonuses. Well the girl (name withheld) tells me I didn't read the email carefully and it said bonuses were only for that week (last week). The project is due monthly and there are only a few days left. She wouldn't apply the bonus so I told her to remove it and find someone willing to do it.

I don't understand the lack of common sense. Communicating with Maritz is the most difficult of any MSC (with the exception of the ones that don't respond). They don't use email from their employees (occasional team email box).

Maybe I'm getting old or have become so accustomed to the better service provided by other MSC, that it bothers me to have to talk to people who think this way (bonus mid-month, but not end of project).

Does anyone else have any real funny situations like this after speaking with Maritz schedulers on the phone? I know if this was MarketForce, I would be deactivated on the spot.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

Kevin E

Green Bay, WI
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2014 :  6:57:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Heads up on one of their bank shops -- one of the questions asked about checkboxes on different brochure. A new brochure (issue date March 2014 on front cover) DOES NOT have checkboxes on it.

Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2014 :  1:46:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What do you generally submit as a "receipt" (for the invoice) for shops which do not require a purchase and which do not involve taking a photograph?

Harvey
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2014 :  5:12:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I type on a piece of paper, No Receipt Required, then save it as a jpg and submit it on the invoice. Works for me.
quote:
Originally posted by Harvey S.

What do you generally submit as a "receipt" (for the invoice) for shops which do not require a purchase and which do not involve taking a photograph?

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2014 :  5:32:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Sue. I had thought of that, but decided I would tap into the collective wisdom of the Forum before I did anything. Thanks again!

Harvey
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2014 :  09:47:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
would it be inappropriate to submit a picture of your middle finger? :-P

i called and spoke to someone today. i guess i love torturing myself. i was inquring about 2nd quarter petroleum shops and if they've been posted or not. She asked for my shopper id. so she begins to search and tell me she doesn't see them. Gee, thanks. I'm too stupid to have done that first before calling. I finally asked, do you know or NOT know if they have been posted. I at least got her to admit she had no idea.

if i didn't enjoy 2 of their clients (only ones i'll shop for them) I would not be wasting my time.

Micah
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums