Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

KellyIL
Valued Contributor

Joliet, IL
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2014 :  5:20:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just accepted an "event" shop for Maritz, where I need to complete five to ten different interactions at a particular event. Has anyone completed one of these shops? Any feedback or tips?

Happily shopping Joliet, Naperville, and Orland Park, Illinois and surrounding areas.
MSPA Gold Certified: 7jjf7w
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2014 :  11:40:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Pretty simple stuff. I did it for a sporting event. Not too hard at all. I bought a ticket for the event and went to watch after doing the work since I was already there.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2014 :  10:54:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I see they sent an email and updated their "find new shops" page. Nice features, but I would hope they would update other things like the unnecessary invoicing and duplicate uploads of receipts. I was always able to find shops with the "old" format and would have appreciated a more "streamlined" process for other business practices. Maybe that is phaseII of the project. I can only hope.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

JAngler64
Valued Contributor

Philadelphia, PA
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2014 :  1:28:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree about the personalized aspect, especially when speaking on the phone with the people in the office. I've been dealing with them since right after they changed over from employees to contractors, I seem to always speak to some of the same people on the phone for different projects. While the technology may be a little bit behind compared to some other companies, it sure is easier to upload a copy of the receipt in 2 places instead of putting it together and mailing it.

Jeff
MSPA Gold Certified aacxgi
Shopping Eastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, NY to Washington, DC
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
372 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2014 :  12:55:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I need to give credit where credit is due. When I had my surgical emergency, I had to cancel quite a few shops. When I called Maritz, the scheduler I spoke with was totally unconcerned with the cancellation and was completely focused on me. He asked how I was doing, if I was improving, if I was going to be ok, and ended the call by saying he would be sending me positive thoughts. I felt valued as a person, when all the other schedulers took my cancellations with either grumpiness or silence.

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

CourtneyEB

Conway, SC
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2014 :  09:04:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are CROOKS! I have been an on-and-off mystery shopper for 15 years. For the very first time, I have been denied payment on a shop and they will give me NO EXPLANATION! The supervisor refuses to speak to me on the phone (?!?!)
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2014 :  05:36:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do shops for three different gas stations for this company. I was looking at a manual they sent me for one and noticed the picture looked like a location I had audited. I looked back in my pictures and sure enough there was the picture I had taken used in their manual. I am smiling today!
Go to Top of Page

FayEF
Valued Contributor

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2014 :  1:43:55 PM  Visit FayEF's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Call the Admin dept. Ext. 7 seven. Hope this helps.

I was missing a payment that I forgot about. Totally my fault and responsibility. Called weeks later after I discovered no pay. I had the visit ID and did what they asked, "submit an invoice" directly to them. I was paid on the next check.

I have never not been paid this company.

This company is my favorite. Have done over 1700, not a misprint. seventeen hundred.

Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
372 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2014 :  11:44:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Got emails from them on the gas station shops. They were insisting that I upload both receipts (inside and outside) to the invoice to get paid. THEY NEVER ASKED FOR THAT BEFORE (I've done the shops before) NOR TOLD ME I HAD TO!

Now apparently my payment is on hold because I uploaded one receipt to each invoice. I emailed them back the dual receipt after creating it in paint. I told them that they DO NOT pay enough for me to have to go to this trouble nearly a MONTH after my shops.

Their shops pay really low for this project and I only took them on because I was asked to help out. Now this crap. I swear this company bounces from being nice to work for to being horrid.

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

Larry S
Valued Contributor

Simi Valley, CA
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2014 :  10:07:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been doing shops for Maritz for over 7 years and have completed over 2000. They have always required a photo of both receipts on the invoice for gas shops that require both an inside purchase and a gas purchase so that payroll knows the amount you actually spent. Payroll does not get a copy of your report, only a clearance that it is OK to pay. Simply take a photo of both receipts together and use the same photo for the two slots on the report and for the invoice.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

LynnPerley
Valued Contributor

Kernersville, NC
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2014 :  11:05:54 AM  Send LynnPerley an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Larry is right. Just take a photo of each receipt separately and then both together when you are at the location. It also will save you if you lose a receipt. It adds very little time to the shop.

Lynn
Shopping the Piedmont Triad, NC Area
MSPA Silver # qhhkk5
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
372 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2014 :  11:47:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Larry S

I have been doing shops for Maritz for over 7 years and have completed over 2000. They have always required a photo of both receipts on the invoice for gas shops that require both an inside purchase and a gas purchase so that payroll knows the amount you actually spent. Payroll does not get a copy of your report, only a clearance that it is OK to pay. Simply take a photo of both receipts together and use the same photo for the two slots on the report and for the invoice.

I didn't think of scanning them together from the start and going from there. Thanks!

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2014 :  05:06:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do a lot of gas stations and I scan the gas receipt, then the store then both together. I always scan at the end of the shop so when I am looking through pictures I know the receipt pictures are the end of photos for that location. It helps when you are looking through 100 pictures trying to find the one you forgot to turn in.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
372 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2014 :  12:49:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I really appreciate all the tips. I was really frustrated with them because in the past I was not asked for both receipts and I was having a frustrating day in general. My frustration has given me some great ideas on how to handle receipts better, and I really thank you guys for the tips!

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2014 :  5:03:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They gave you good tips, but your original feelings are substantiated. This company is one of the more "difficult" to work for. Very few companies require multiple uploads of the SAME documents. Why can't they simply communicate internally or have a saved report for the payroll department to review if there is a question on amounts? We are in the 21st century and it's simply lunacy to have to upload the same receipt once again. I would argue it's also goofy to have to invoice the work. None of the other major shopping companies require this. Why does Maritz refuse to keep up with technology or even the other shopping companies in the industry? I think it's funny they have amounts for you to fill in on the invoice. I've never tried to inflate the numbers, but I don't understand the point of entering the amounts. If someone put $1,000 for a $6 purchase (gas/inside), would they pay the $1,000? I'm sure if someone goofs on the amounts, they correct it, right?

I continue to do shops with them, but will never understand their goofy requirements.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

Ashley Rene
Valued Contributor

Georgia
USA
104 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2014 :  05:49:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got a notice of some shops being overdue. I just applied the night before last to this company and was completely unaware that any shops had been assigned to me- I haven't even finished reading about the company. When I assign something I put it directly into my excel sheet and planner so I can keep up with everything. There are no confirmation emails or anything for the shops. I emailed them. I wonder what will happen.

Ashley Rene
Shopping Augusta, GA CSRA and Surrounding and never sleeping.
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2014 :  06:31:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have a test you have to take sometimes to complete a particular shop and this makes you look like it's overdue when it's not. Just scroll down and you'll see the test.
quote:
Originally posted by Ashley Rene

I just got a notice of some shops being overdue. I just applied the night before last to this company and was completely unaware that any shops had been assigned to me- I haven't even finished reading about the company. When I assign something I put it directly into my excel sheet and planner so I can keep up with everything. There are no confirmation emails or anything for the shops. I emailed them. I wonder what will happen.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Larry S
Valued Contributor

Simi Valley, CA
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2014 :  10:18:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maritz does not automatically assign shops unless you have done the shop previously and requested automatic assignment for the next round. Do not email as they seldom respond. CALL!! They answer the phone promptly and will solve your problem.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

Ashley Rene
Valued Contributor

Georgia
USA
104 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2014 :  10:46:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks, guys. I gave up on the email thing and called today. They've been reassigned to me and everything's good. I did find some messages in my SPAM folder, not for all of the shops, but for some of them, as well as the response to my original email inquiry.
I found some other randomly filtered things in my spam box, too. I might migrate all of my work-related emails over to my school account, as I'm really nervous about gmail now. I think I'm missing other notifications that aren't reaching me.
The scheduler I was dealing with ended up being from Kern, and was absolutely wonderful at helping me get it sorted out.

Ashley Rene
Shopping Augusta, GA CSRA and Surrounding and never sleeping.
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2014 :  6:07:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ashley -

It is very easy to train Gmail as to what is spam and what is not, and even what category to put email in. It may take a month or two before you run through a cycle of companies, but Gmail works amazingly well.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums