Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

MarkFL
Valued Contributor

FL
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2014 :  05:43:02 AM  Visit MarkFL's Homepage  Send MarkFL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone received their mid month check yet? I have always received it between the 15th and 17th?
I called Maritz and they stated they were mailed and confirmed the amount.

Mark
MSPA Gold Shopper and Professional Merchandiser.
Go to Top of Page

LynnPerley
Valued Contributor

Kernersville, NC
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2014 :  05:53:24 AM  Send LynnPerley an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mine came yesterday. Heave Holiday mail volume slows things down.

Lynn
Shopping the Piedmont Triad, NC Area
MSPA Silver # qhhkk5
Go to Top of Page

MarkFL
Valued Contributor

FL
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2014 :  4:40:05 PM  Visit MarkFL's Homepage  Send MarkFL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
With the amount I shelled out and what I am owed, I hope it comes soon. I have been with them for over 10 years and even with a holiday, it has never run this late.
They will do a free stop payment, but it takes up to 30 days for a new check........

Mark
Go to Top of Page

FayEF
Valued Contributor

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2015 :  06:13:53 AM  Visit FayEF's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
SOOOOOOOOOOO Did you get your check???
Go to Top of Page

Ashley Rene
Valued Contributor

Georgia
USA
104 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2015 :  9:02:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yeah... did anyone get paid for November?
Also, has anyone gotten paid for December?

I did a ton of shops in December, but I don't see a check yet. :(

Ashley Rene
Shopping Augusta, GA CSRA and Surrounding and never sleeping.
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2015 :  9:36:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got a check for the late December shops a few days ago. I have never had a problem getting paid by Maritz.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Star Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2015 :  06:18:24 AM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've completed 298 assignments for Maritz over almost 6 yrs. without a snag. They are the epitome of accessibility, with reports devoid of excessive length or the dreaded repetition and they pay like clockwork. I have in the past and continue to grade them "3 thumbs up."

Bob
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2015 :  06:58:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been working for Maritz for more years than I care to remember. I have never had a problem with payment. When on the rare occasion I did not get paid for a shop I would call and find out it was my fault for not turning in an invoice. They are an upstanding company.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Marjie

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2015 :  07:27:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree, Maritz pays timely. But you do have to remember to submit an invoice along with your report.

Marjie K
Go to Top of Page

LynnPerley
Valued Contributor

Kernersville, NC
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2015 :  4:28:38 PM  Send LynnPerley an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
They will also reissue stale checks without much hassle at all. I found a small one recently that I had missed and they agreed to exchange it for a new one.

Lynn
Shopping the Piedmont Triad, NC Area
MSPA Silver # qhhkk5
Go to Top of Page

Marjie

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2015 :  04:02:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here's a tip that will help with the shops where you have to take a photo of every pump, Take a close-up of the number on the pump before you take the photo of the pump. This really helps when you have to photo them out of order when cars are in the way. Makes it easier to find the correct photo to upload.

Marjie K
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1698 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2015 :  07:19:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow,I forgot how hard it is to deal with these folks.I had to call them several times and did not pass the quiz for the hardware shops.I printed about 30 pages of paperwork and see the fee is only $12. Wow, what a deal for them huh? I won't do one of these.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Star Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2015 :  07:59:03 AM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Barb's post brings to mind the old adage that ONE PERSON'S MEAT, IS ANOTHER'S POISON. For my personality, Maritz is a great fit, but I also understand that several shoppers do not share that opinion. As an example, if one is E-letter as opposed to phone communication oriented, Maritz will be an aggravation to you. I'm especially impressed that ALL of their phone folks speak at a speed that's understandable and concise, being devoid of irritating phrases, eg. YOU KNOW, HE GOES, I'M LIKE, LIKE I SAY etc.

As to fees, some yrs. we're in synch, while in others we're unable to agree; that's BUSINESS! NEVER, and I repeat NEVER, has a worker from that MSC EVER begged me to accept an assignment I declined. Finally, neither have I ever been asked to HELP OUT nor has such verbiage as EASY, FUN or GREAT PAY entered into our discussions. When I state my bottom dollar, it's either accepted or rejected; THAT'S business!

Bob
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2015 :  12:07:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Even though sometimes I find Maritz frustrating, I usually like to work for them. I usually do several shops a month for them.

In somewhat recent past, once when I had to drop shops due to emergency surgery, and once when I had to drop shops for a surgery that then got postponed, they were GREAT! The schedulers were super nice when I called and told me to get better instead of worrying about shops.

The only downside is a different team than I usually work with calls me at least once a month to try to get me to do gas station shops in little towns that are at least an hour away for miminal pay. I always decline.

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

MarkFL
Valued Contributor

FL
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2015 :  2:03:45 PM  Visit MarkFL's Homepage  Send MarkFL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have the extension for Payroll/Admin? I have been getting the voicemail forever. I am trying to rectify a route incentive that wasnt paid, and no one there knows why. Route down on time, correctly etc. They say it is a computer generated process when you complete the last location, but that has long passed.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
294 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2015 :  10:03:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had an issue awhile ago and worked with this individual.

Helen.Stone@maritz.com

I have no idea if she is still employed there, but you can send her an email. I did see notification recently they are changing the maritz.com email addresses.

This company baffles me. They do pay on time, but it's so corny to NOT be able to email schedulers. Not everything has to be OVER the phone. But the biggest irritant is having to upload your receipts into your report and then again on the invoice. I can't think of another MSC that makes you do DOUBLE uploads like this. Plus "printing" ppwk to get special code to be able to enter the shop. I think most of us long-time shoppers know the "tricks" around actually printing, but seriously, what is the point of that?

Micah
Go to Top of Page

MarkFL
Valued Contributor

FL
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2015 :  10:34:55 AM  Visit MarkFL's Homepage  Send MarkFL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
They solved the problem! It was an issue from Period 1 of the route of green gas shops / audits. I have been doing the same route for years and this was the 1st time I didnt get the additional amount they offer.
I went into my current work and clicked an issue to generate an email. I was contacted the next day. I was given her direct number. It took her a day to get all the approvals ironed out, but they cut a manual check for $114. Thwy dont know why the system did not generate the incentive. No holds, no lates etc appeared on their end.
I just finished period 2 and hope all is ok this time.
What was 100 locations is now down to 30

Mark
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
294 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2015 :  4:15:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just thought I would post a recent experience with this company. I wanted history from January 1st to current and was told it was my responsibility to keep that. I understand that, but nearly all other mystery shopping companies have the information readily visible for the shoppers (even those with their own internal software). She continued to repeat herself (I'm not giving specific name), and became quite argumentative over such a simple request for shop history in 2015.

What is sad is that they are in the business of reporting customer service, but seem to lack basic customer service skills themselves.

I don't know why I expected better, but then maybe I shouldn't have. Maritz might have an impressive client list, but they are not high on my list of favorite companies to work for due to the lack of professionalism and nuisances of printing ppwk and invoicing shops. I probably will be banned by this person because she seemed intent on being argumentative to s simple request of shop history for a given period of time.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

Alan-Texas
Star Contributor

Arlington, TX
USA
544 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2016 :  7:31:34 PM  Visit Alan-Texas's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
For those who really despised it, Maritz no longer requires you to submit a receipt on your invoices. They do still require you to invoice your shops, but they now get the receipts from the reports you submit.

Alan A.
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping the Dallas / Ft. Worth area since 2005
Go to Top of Page

LAlao
Star Contributor

LA
USA
317 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2016 :  2:06:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is it just me or are other shoppers getting between one and five calls a day from Maritz (CX) schedulers? Each is with a different "Team" calling to let me know about shops I might be interested in. But...the shops are on the job board AND self-assignable! Plus, if there are incentives shown on my end, the schedulers can't see them on their end and incentives are only valid if the shop is self-assigned, as it was explained to me. So, I just don't get the point of all these calls. As much as I love Maritz, I think they're wasting an awful lot of time and payroll to call us Every.Single.Day. I also love self-assign and will not hesitate to grab what I can when it's on my route and at my price. I feel bad for the schedulers, too, having to talk to my voicemail all day because I don't answer the phone anymore. But it's still annoying.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums