Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

Laura the Canuck
Valued Contributor

Tarkio, MO
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2011 :  7:43:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
One thing have always found helpful is to get into a certain groove with all gas stations: I take two views of the pumps, three of the canopies, the POP, the Main ID, the overall, the restrooms and the building. If it is a revealed audit I automatically snap the counter, credit card apps and gift cards. (One wants the employee with the counter, but most don't.)

No matter what, it is better to have too many photos than not enough. If there are extras of the pumps, and I forgot some detail that is part of the extra survey, I'll have something to crop and use.

Laura
Proud Canadian, shopping Northwest Missouri and Omaha areas.
Go to Top of Page

Netti
Valued Contributor

Hudson, FL
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2011 :  08:58:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
An update: No more nail biting. I called them, they helped me thru the process. I can not compliment the company (and, Beth) any more then sending them applauds !!

Silver Shopper - West Coast Florida
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2011 :  12:50:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They ARE difficult to get on the phone sometimes, and if you convey any attitude in a message, you likely will never hear back from them.

But once you get to a live person they are great to work with.
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2011 :  7:43:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I never had any difficulties reaching someone at Maritz, as long as I call during business hours on weekdays. They are all wonderful!

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2011 :  9:59:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Netti

An update: No more nail biting. I called them, they helped me thru the process. I can not compliment the company (and, Beth) any more then sending them applauds !!

I have spoke with Beth a couple of times before and she is awesome to work with! I'm glad you got the stuff worked out.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2011 :  8:46:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So I found out today that there is evidently a limit of 100 of the green gas station audits that can be done each period and I am at that limit. That is frustrating because a chunk of my income comes from them!

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Laura the Canuck
Valued Contributor

Tarkio, MO
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  11:13:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know this sounds paranoid. Since I was removed from the green-sign eligible shoppers list, I am a bit worried that there are few shops at all within 99 miles. Have the red-and-white gas shops been released yet? There are five within 30 miles of my home, and if they are released yet don't show up for me, that means they kicked me off, too.

Laura
Go to Top of Page

LAlao
Star Contributor

LA
USA
317 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  07:49:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love the bank shops (gathering information). What I don't understand is that the two-part shop pays less than the one part shop and has twice the amount of work and scanning involved. I just got through a bunch of 2-part and I am dizzy! What, oh, my scanner just said, "Me too!"
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  5:28:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree. I love the 1 part shop. I like to do a route when I'm out-of-town.

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2011 :  7:45:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Laura the Canuck

I know this sounds paranoid. Since I was removed from the green-sign eligible shoppers list, I am a bit worried that there are few shops at all within 99 miles. Have the red-and-white gas shops been released yet? There are five within 30 miles of my home, and if they are released yet don't show up for me, that means they kicked me off, too.

It's part of the business Laura. I'm in the same boat, unless I want to drive for hours.
With "lifetime" limits on shops, we eventually run out of work with some companies that place these limits. Burger MS's for Maritz is about all I get to do for them anymore, even though I used to do 600-700 shops for them a year. Lots of red/yellow gas audits here, but I can't see them. Green gas locations here all rebranded.

We move on...
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2011 :  7:55:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maritz has life time limits on shops? I thought MFI was the only msc that did that.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

DarkWingDave

Bremerton, WA
USA
44 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2011 :  4:41:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Life time limits? As in after XXXX amount of shops for a company/type they lock you out?

Dave
Silver certified shopping WA and OR.
Go to Top of Page

Laura the Canuck
Valued Contributor

Tarkio, MO
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2011 :  8:05:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't know. I was booted off one project for "flaking" a shop because the calls, emails and messages in an attempt to communicate were not enough... I am just worried that I was kicked off of other projects as well over the issue. I think a new quarter should have started for two projects in my area and I don't see them on my available list.

I have never heard of a "lifetime achievement" booting from Maritz.

Laura
Go to Top of Page

DarkWingDave

Bremerton, WA
USA
44 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2011 :  10:49:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
"Our records indicate you accepted some shops that were to be shopped more than three weeks in the future. This message is to remind you that these shops are now due within the next few weeks."

*facepalm* REALLY!?

Dave
Silver certified shopping WA and OR.
Go to Top of Page

FayEF
Valued Contributor

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  2:05:39 PM  Visit FayEF's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
A Scheduler for Maritz stated as Jonthan B.of TN. stated, "There is a 100 shop limit per "PERIOD," NOT LIFETIME...

So shop until you reach the 100 shop per PERIOD. Then start over NEXT period..

If you are not seeing certain shops and have tried different areas where you KNOW they are available, call Maritz and talk with someone on that project and ask what gives. As in what pertains to your particular situation.
I have always found the schedulers and supervisors extremely helpful. Yes, I know sometimes it can be difficult reaching someone ear to ear, but if you think it is worth it in you situation, what's the harm. IT could be a simple mistake.
Have a wonderful safe day.
Go to Top of Page

Brigid

Chicagoland, IL
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  5:56:04 PM  Send Brigid an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TinaMarie

Maritz has life time limits on shops? I thought MFI was the only msc that did that.

L O L !!!

Brigid
Silver Certified by the MSPA #gx8y6e
Go to Top of Page

Brigid

Chicagoland, IL
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  5:58:17 PM  Send Brigid an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LAlao

I love the bank shops (gathering information). What I don't understand is that the two-part shop pays less than the one part shop and has twice the amount of work and scanning involved. I just got through a bunch of 2-part and I am dizzy! What, oh, my scanner just said, "Me too!"

I know! What gives? It is SO much more work with the two parters, and the fee is a dollar LESS!

Brigid
Silver Certified by the MSPA #gx8y6e
Go to Top of Page

MarkFL
Valued Contributor

FL
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2011 :  5:58:54 PM  Visit MarkFL's Homepage  Send MarkFL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone else having issues with passing the green/white gas quiz. Is it me or are those pictures small? I know I can call in and take the test, but hate calling in.

Mark
MSPA Gold Shopper and Professional Merchandiser.
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2011 :  8:27:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hate the 2-parter shops. Some of those bankers won't get off the phone!

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Netti
Valued Contributor

Hudson, FL
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2011 :  9:39:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mark, it is not you ! I even had to re-size the photos 200% and still could not see the errors. I figured that I needed new glasses. Even the pics in the book are ......are........where are they? Can't see them either.

Silver Shopper - West Coast Florida
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums