Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

TXChantal
Contributor

Detroit, MI
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2011 :  4:55:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Same here. I have now changed their ring tone to silent. I can't answer their calls all day while I'm at work. Even the evening calls tick me off.
Go to Top of Page

Chrissy Chris
Apprentice

Newburgh, NY
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2011 :  8:36:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been doing the bank shops for a while. I did the 'middle' length ones at first, and they were okay, and then was asked to cover 5 'shorter' length ones with bonuses. I only accepted them b/c of the bonus. As it turns out, it wasn't really worth the hassle. For me, the pictures are the pain, resizing (if needed), renaming, uploading...

I find the people there to be very easy to deal with, but the phone thing is a little much. While I feel bad hitting ignore, I just can not answer my phone during the day, so if I need to address an issue, it takes days before I can get it resolved. I've never gotten a call after 4pm. I wish we could just email.

They pay very quickly. I've had no issues there.

Chrissy
Go to Top of Page

Marcia1154

MI
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2011 :  03:36:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I quit doing the station shop years ago and only do the bank ones now. However, they too keep calling every 5 minutes to ask if I would take on more shops. I tell them no not at that time, but they keep calling. One scheduler calls, but doesn't wait for you to pick up b4 they hang up.

Marcia
Silver certified in Michigan
Go to Top of Page

Eric in Tampa
Valued Contributor

Shopperville, FL
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2011 :  08:21:26 AM  Visit Eric in Tampa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have a direct number that I can call instead of email? I've been registered with Maritz for years and forgot my password. When I go to the "forgot password" option after putting in my 6-digit shopper ID, it sends a prompt for my email address, etc. However, Maritz has yet to send a new password registration process link.

I've tried this 3 separate times over a 10-day period and this is starting to become frustrating.

Eric
MSPA Gold Certified, 2007; IMSC Certified, 2012 (Chicago), 2013 (Atlanta), 2015 (Las Vegas).
Undercover Essentials Video Certified, 2012 and owns PV-500 ECO. Nevada Work card (expires 2020).
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2011 :  08:43:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
800-782-4299 or 913-234-3800

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Roberta07
Contributor

Chambersburg, PA
USA
64 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  4:16:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone else having trouble with the system when answering the "type of location" question? Depending on that answer, the very next question is impossible to answer because the system won't accept any of the choices.

Roberta W.
Shopping Southcentral PA and MD
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2011 :  11:35:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got my January bank shops and they have all been changed from the one step credit card inquiry to the "combo" shop where you have to call first and get brochures in the mail and then visit the bank. The pay has been increased for these but not sure if there is more involved than the old two part shops. Can anyone tell me if the new combo shop is the same as the old and what do you think about them? It seems like a hassle and I am considering cancelling mine. I did call Maritz and the one step shops are no longer going to be done.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2011 :  12:54:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm glad you posted this. I received the usual email about the January shops. I didn't read the entire thing and missed that the shops had changed. I think they should have sent a separate email about the fact that the shops are changed rather than putting it at the bottom of the standard email.

I have no interest in doing this combo shop for less than $20. From the instructions, it looks like the telephone part from the "5 minute" combined with the 10 minute scenario.

Sandie * MSPA Gold
I have video equipment and love route shopping.
Go to Top of Page

MichaelinNH
Star Contributor

New Hampshire
USA
488 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2011 :  12:54:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am just hoping they stop calling for a couple days. I would turn my phone off, but need to get calls from other people (and they are not just calling from the Maritz number). My son is up to 3 calls today on his cell. I have had two on my cell and two on the house phone. How many ways can we say we don't want to do these particular gas stations.

MSPA Gold 8/9/2006 MSPA Silver 6/23/2007
Video Shopper Certified 6/9/2011 NV Workcard R-061144. Shopping 50 States, Puerto Rico & Canada.
Go to Top of Page

FayEF
Valued Contributor

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2011 :  2:59:05 PM  Visit FayEF's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Have the scheduler calling put the message/note in your file that you do not wish to be contacted about a particular client until you call them with notice to change back OR if the shops has a bonus.

I have requested NOT to be called on certain shops until further is made notice BY me. I made certain the person taking the request reads back my request. I take their name, note time, date etc and stated I was doing this.

They did as requested. They were quite nice as it helps them not bother us, eating up our air time and eliminates them wasting their time. No more calls. But they have called when bonuses have been added.

This is one of my favorite companies, pays fast, reports not too long or complicated, Everyone I have spoken with have been quick to provide assistance when needed and offer suggestions for some glitches.
Wishing A Safe and Happy Holiday Season to all reading this.
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  08:53:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I asked them to cancel my combo bank shops. They now have some single step bank shops they appear to be similar to the old ones. Pickup brochures but the questions to ask is different. I will try a couple of those next month.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  3:22:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you are talking about the Overdraft Protection shops, they are similar, but not the same. There are two extra photos. I also found the question to be more awkward, personally.

They are more work, even if just a little. The amount for the old 10 minute shops was only marginally worth it considering transportation time, time in the bank and reporting. With even a little more work, I just don't find it worth the money.

Sandie * MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  3:29:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done the entertainment venue shops with several interactions and small purchases? If so, how did it go?

Sandie * MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  5:52:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sandie_CA

If you are talking about the Overdraft Protection shops, they are similar, but not the same. There are two extra photos. I also found the question to be more awkward, personally.

They are more work, even if just a little. The amount for the old 10 minute shops was only marginally worth it considering transportation time, time in the bank and reporting. With even a little more work, I just don't find it worth the money.

That's the one. The two extra scans seem reasonable although it is a bit more work for the same pay as the other scenario. I'll see how it goes. Maritz did remove the other shops which is the fastest I have seem them respond to anything I have sent them.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Go to Top of Page

BarbGump

Dallas, Texas
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2011 :  11:00:26 AM  Send BarbGump an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was checking out the bank shops in my area and it appears that some of the assigned locations are ATM only sites. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how these shops could be done at an ATM.

BarbG
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2011 :  10:47:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hmmm... That does seem odd. I don't see how they could be done at an atm since you have to talk to a banker.

Sandie * MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

Marcia1154

MI
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2011 :  07:45:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I started doing the banks a year ago and had no problem until mid Summer when they started calling about taking on more shops, I finally had to start ignoring them. I did sign up for a few of the combo shops and some Overdraft ones, but have canceled a few due to health reasons, will see what happens next month.

I have January all planned out then my "favorite" scheduler called yesterday(it's still December) and asked if I'd take on more of the combo shops, I told her I wasn't sure and would have to think about it, her response "we're on a deadline you know and there will be no extensions." I told her I'd let them know.

That was the last straw, I will do those I already am scheduled for, but am planning on limiting my shops to only a few a month, there are others who pay more and are closer to where I live.

Marcia
Silver certified in Michigan
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2012 :  10:20:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I logged on to the Maritz site this morning and do not see a single bank shop. I wonder if I have been banned from them or if they are just not visible on the site. Are any of you seeing them?

Sandie * MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2012 :  10:54:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandie,

Go to Advanced Search and see if the client name is on your list. If it is, you are still okay. If it is not, you've been BANNED!!!! LOL

That's what happened to me when they said I hasseled them over a bonus amount. They reinstated me shortly afterwards.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

Shel
Star Contributor

MI
USA
474 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2012 :  11:20:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Ms Judi, I have been wondering about certain gas shops, haven't seen them in a long time but they are on the list. Happy New Year.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums