Page: of 19

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2012 :  4:27:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sandie_CA

I logged on to the Maritz site this morning and do not see a single bank shop. I wonder if I have been banned from them or if they are just not visible on the site. Are any of you seeing them?

It would be easier if you give us a zipcode to search from. I used 100 miles of San Francisco and there are lots of bank shops available.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2012 :  8:40:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote

quote:

It would be easier if you give us a zipcode to search from. I used 100 miles of San Francisco and there are lots of bank shops available.

Thanks. I had searched a 250 mile radius from me and a 250 mile radius from L.A. and there were none shown. Since this area includes the San Francisco area, I guess it is just me. I wonder if they did this because I asked to have the new combo shops which were assigned to me cancelled. I guess I'll give them a call on Tuesday and see what's up.

I probably won't ever do routes of these, but I would pick up one or two if they were on the way somewhere I was going anyway.

Sandie * MSPA Gold
I have video equipment and love route shopping.
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2012 :  8:42:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MsJudi

Sandie,

Go to Advanced Search and see if the client name is on your list. If it is, you are still okay. If it is not, you've been BANNED!!!! LOL

That's what happened to me when they said I hasseled them over a bonus amount. They reinstated me shortly afterwards.

That's a great hint. I'll do that. I think I am banned, though. Probably because I asked to have the pre-assigned combo shops removed from my shop list.

Edit: Yup. No blue bank in the list. Oh well. Does this mean no more phone calls?

Sandie * MSPA Gold
I have video equipment and love route shopping.
Go to Top of Page

JonK
Contributor

AL
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2012 :  08:37:31 AM  Visit JonK's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't completed one of the yellow gas stations in some time but have some coming up beginning 1/28. Does Maritz still mail out the instruction manuals? I received the gift cards in the mail but no manual yet. And can someone remind me about the form to use - don't I print it off myself or do they send the forms out as well?

Jon
Shopping all of Alabama, Mississippi, Florida panhandle, most of Tennessee, western Georgia and anywhere else where there's opportunity!
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2012 :  08:50:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't print anything. I can look at the form on line and see what is expected of me. Then I make notes for myself and a list of the pictures I need to take. Actually I have done so many of these I could do them in my sleep. You were asked when you signed up if you had a vest and I said I did so I haven't received another but I might anyway.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Larry S
Valued Contributor

Simi Valley, CA
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2012 :  10:09:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not seen a new manual for 2012. They will probably continue to use the 2011 version. You have to print out the form off the web site.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2012 :  10:36:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No you don't have to print anything if you don't want to. There are certain things to look for and questions to ask but these are easy to remember or as I said write yourself a note and look at it before you go in. If I printed out a form for each station it would cost me a fortune in paper. A voice recorder on your phone is handy if you can't remember stuff.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2012 :  5:07:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't received the gift cards yet. When did you get yours?

Judi
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2012 :  8:34:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have never done a Maritz gas station audit. Are some harder than others? Which one is a good starter? Do they all require wearing a vest? There are the yellow "ocean" ones, the green flower shape ones and the red/white/blue ones to choose from in my area. Thanks!

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2012 :  03:28:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The yellow station audits are very easy and you get that 6.00 in free gas. I have memorized the pictures I have to take but I started out with a list I kept with me. Since it's revealed there is no covert checking. Super simple, give one a try.
quote:
Originally posted by TinaMarie

I have never done a Maritz gas station audit. Are some harder than others? Which one is a good starter? Do they all require wearing a vest? There are the yellow "ocean" ones, the green flower shape ones and the red/white/blue ones to choose from in my area. Thanks!

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Greta
Valued Contributor

Waldorf, MD
USA
132 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2012 :  04:07:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For this quarter I have assigned myself about 30 of the yellow ones in my area. I got a call asking me to take more. I will take more as I see how these go, weather and all this time of year is unpredictable.

I like wearing a vest because it makes me feel more professional and visible. I brought my own made out of fabric, it is cooler in the summer months.
Go to Top of Page

DavidCar
Valued Contributor

Charlotte, North Carolina
USA
114 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2012 :  05:00:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TinaMarie

At first, these audits will seem extensive and overwhelming, but once you perform several of these, it will be easy. Always take your reference book with as it will help you with the questions and pictures. The yellow and the green (flower)stations do require vests. They have another audit (stations with a darker green)that does not require a vest and this is the easiest of the 3 but I wear one anyone.
Go to Top of Page

JonK
Contributor

AL
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2012 :  07:47:59 AM  Visit JonK's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received the gift cards earlier this week. Just spoke with someone at Maritz and they said the manual for the yellow gas station by the "ocean" will arrive today or tomorrow.

I didn't do any of these in 2011 but did hundreds of them in 2010 and years prior. In 2011 I did do the green ones that spilled the oil. In my opinion the yellow ones are easier. The green ones aren't bad but you have to be extremely detail oriented. The editors scrutinize the photos and if you miss a detail they will send you back for a close up photo... I once drove 120 miles round trip to take one photo they wanted again.

Of course my favorite are the mystery shop ones that pay $6. These have to be the easiest shops you can do. The pay isn't much but $5 gas reimbursement is almost as good as cash.

Jon
Shopping all of Alabama, Mississippi, Florida panhandle, most of Tennessee, western Georgia and anywhere else where there's opportunity!
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2012 :  09:56:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Received the manual and name badge today by UPS.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

JonK
Contributor

AL
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2012 :  12:32:31 PM  Visit JonK's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Warning: If you are signed up for the yellow gas station audits, you might want to wait a few days before completing them. The form has some errors in it that will prevent you from successfully entering it. Specifically, unless the attendant qualifies for the gift card, you aren't going to be able to correctly enter your form. I spoke with Loretta at Maritz and then to one of the editors. It will be at least Monday before this issue is resolved. Do yourself a favor and make sure you will be able to enter the report before wasting an entire day of productivity as I did today.

Jon
Go to Top of Page

DarkWingDave

Bremerton, WA
USA
45 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2012 :  12:59:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had a customer ask me if I felt safer with the vest on. I said I figured it was more for CYA. i.e when they do the accident report about having to cut the vest off of the person hit by the speeding car they could use that against the driver about 'not seeing anyone'. Seriously, I'm usually asked if I'm with the city or something..

Dave
Silver certified shopping WA and OR.
Go to Top of Page

Greta
Valued Contributor

Waldorf, MD
USA
132 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2012 :  05:32:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I read through the new manual and noticed a change in the directions that I question, We are to check both restrooms before revealing ourselves? I can see checking one before the reveal. Also, I like them rushing in and cleaning before I get there to take pictures.
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2012 :  06:35:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't received the gift cards yet. I planned to do two yesterday and another this week. I emailed, but I'll call on Monday. Has anyone else not received them? I got the manual on Friday, but no gift cards. Again with these things, there are quite a few changes...

Judi
Go to Top of Page

Brenda E

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2012 :  07:01:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There is also a rotation on the yellow stations now that wasn't there before. If you did a location last quarter, you can't do them until the second quarter.
Go to Top of Page

JonK
Contributor

AL
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2012 :  08:50:05 AM  Visit JonK's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I didn't do the yellow gas stations in 2011 but completed hundreds of them in 2010. I started back yesterday... my oh my that's a lot of work for $10. Plus since the reimbursement is in gallons and not dollars I am paying out of pocket for some gas rather than asking the clerk for $6.62 worth. It wouldn't be a big deal except I signed up for 49 of those and that's roughly $20 I'll have to pay out of pocket.

The form is messed up, too (but you'll only see the problem if the clerk answers the knowledge question a certain way but is otherwise in uniform and friendly). But what really gets me are all the special questions you have to ask. Most of my shops have private label motor oil, which requires another picture.

I rarely regret signing up for a shop but these are turning out to be more effort than they are worth.

Jon
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums