Page: of 19

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2012 :  09:00:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jon,

I have never had a problem giving my credit card to the cashier and asking for $20 of gas. I then just pump the 2 gallons that will be reimbursed and when I go back to the Cashier I get a receipt for the amount that I pumped. Your credit card will be charged just the amount that was actually used.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2012 :  11:29:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did that exact same thing last quarter. I took a bunch before realizing all the additional requirements and ended up dreading them. But the gas reimburse is sweet. I only took a few this time. I may add more after I do these, but I sure wish they would stop adding things and making changes. Took me a few tries to pass the quiz too. I've been doing 'em for years also.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2012 :  9:02:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've always just asked for the exact dollar amount that 2 gallons of gas is. I just use the calcultor function on my phone before I go into pay. I always multiply the amount X2 and then add 2cents to account for the 9/10 part. Always been reimbursed exactly what I paid w/ no problems.

My problem this time around is how many pages the paperwork is!

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Marcia1154

MI
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2012 :  5:24:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been doing the bank shops for over a year and like doing them. A month or so ago they started the Overdraft Protection Shops and I added those to my route. Well today started a new month and I went out to do two of the ones scheduled - they said non customer shops. I get home and find that they hadn't updated the list so I could complete the shop, so I called Maritz. After talking to someone there the link was corrected, but at the same time so was the scenario - it now says customer shop, that's fine, but I don't get why they changed it no explanation was given. I am ready to forget their entire company because they seem to be taking advantage of their shoppers.

Marcia
Silver certified in Michigan
Go to Top of Page

BKBerger
Valued Contributor

Porterville, CA
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2012 :  6:13:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KenASch

Jon,

I have never had a problem giving my credit card to the cashier and asking for $20 of gas. I then just pump the 2 gallons that will be reimbursed and when I go back to the Cashier I get a receipt for the amount that I pumped. Your credit card will be charged just the amount that was actually used.

Did they change the requirement from Cash only to credit in 2011 or did I miss something the last 7 months.

Brian
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  8:01:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Last year the instructions just said that cash was preferred, not mandatory. Now, they say cash or credit/debit, just no checks.

Least ways, I'm pretty sure that's what they said last year.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  7:04:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anybody else noticing a lot of quirks/issues with debriefing reports recently? I've been having some photos not showing up on the photo review page, site not capturing some of the info I entered, and then I get a hold back on the report. Then tonight, I had to click on the "I'm stuck" button because the "Submit" button seemed to be a dead link or something and would not do anything when I clicked on it! I don't usually have any issues, but this is getting old when it's half the reports this past week!

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  9:00:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
(Knock on wood), I have turned in reports all week without any problems-including tonight.

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  9:35:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maybe it's just me. I had my first 3 of the yellow gas stations be put on hold, 2 of them due to the fact that I always wait to the end to upload photos (from the photo review page) and one of the questions to need a photo did not show up there!

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

JonK
Contributor

AL
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  06:15:22 AM  Visit JonK's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jonathan,
I've experienced some of the same issues. First, the generic motor oil picture has to be uploaded before you submit the text because it doesn't show up in pictures. I even called and spoke to one of the editors who blew me off. First time anyone at Maritz has ever been less than professional. She basically told me that's the way it is supposed to be. Like you, I've always submitted my photos on ONE screen at the end, not at every single question, which would take an hour to do.

And I also had a lot of debriefing issues with the yellow gas stations. Things that I'm convinced were errors on Maritz's side, not mistakes I've made. I finally learned what the "I'm Stuck" button is for!

Jon
Shopping all of Alabama, Mississippi, Florida panhandle, most of Tennessee, western Georgia and anywhere else where there's opportunity!
Go to Top of Page

LAlao
Star Contributor

LA
USA
317 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  05:45:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was scheduled the bank shops automatically for one scenario. I just went to check while planning my route and they have changed to the other scenario! There is no explanation at all. I'll still do them but it's a good thing I checked because I would have gone with the scenario that showed when I originally printed the list. Really strange.
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  11:30:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You guys are scaring me. I have 12 yellow gas stations scheduled for this week. They keep calling me asking me to take more, but I'd like to do these first to see how they go. From the sounds of it, I won't want more.

Sandie * MSPA Gold
I have video equipment and love route shopping.
Go to Top of Page

JonK
Contributor

AL
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  2:44:10 PM  Visit JonK's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandie,

If it helps your confidence, Maritz took the forms down and repaired the genuine errors. But, there is still quite a lot of information you need to obtain that normally isn't part of the shop. I'd suggest you put together and print an Excel sheet to work from. Email me and I'll send you mine.

Jon
Shopping all of Alabama, Mississippi, Florida panhandle, most of Tennessee, western Georgia and anywhere else where there's opportunity!
Go to Top of Page

RonR
Valued Contributor

San Jacinto, CA
USA
126 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2012 :  2:28:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This company is really starting to get on my nerves. Their web site is less that adequate and their employees have been neutered to the point that they can't help us with simple requests such as changing an evaluation which must be done a on Saturday to a date which is actually a Saturday instead of the Friday that their site allowed me to self assign. Their web site is constantly causing me to re-enter reports because of the dreaded error 500 or running so slow that I have to sit there too long while reports submit. Their schedulers are also starting to show attitude on the phone when concerns are raised. (Cynthia) This company was once one of the best that I work for and now I'm about to give up on them.

Shopping all of Southern California.
Go to Top of Page

JonK
Contributor

AL
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2012 :  3:31:00 PM  Visit JonK's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ron,

Yes, the dreaded Error 500. Don't you love it when you spend 10 minutes picking out 20 photos to upload, then wait several additional minutes while they are uploading, only to get the Error 500 and have to start over again? Their website performance has been noticeably sluggish to the point I called and asked about it and, like you alluded, spoke with a clueless employee who suggested I try later. The problem is, it's generally been slower for the last few months - all the time rather than at certain peak periods.

I still like Maritz and earn a fair amount of money doing their shops. I guess it would be nice if they would just admit there might be some website performance issues so I know it's not just me who experiences the problems.

Jon
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2012 :  7:35:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's not just you Jon.

I usually do my reports early morning, 'cause in the evenings I am sometimes unable to even logon.
Go to Top of Page

JenGA
Valued Contributor

Kingsburg, CA
USA
157 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2012 :  6:20:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I get repeated calls from them to do the gas station shops, even though it would barely cover a gallon of gas. The bank shops are getting less desirable too, with increased wait times at the branches in my area.

Jen
Mystery Shopping in the Central Valley of CA since 2005
Silver Certified since December 2008
Go to Top of Page

Kimberley
Valued Contributor

Columbus, Ohio
USA
178 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  5:52:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just realized I've not gotten any e-mails from them in a while. I must not be on their active list. That said, their website drove me nuts and I will never understand why they refuse to embrace something as basic as e-mail for contacting schedulers. Surely that would be much more efficient than playing phone tag for hours or days.

Kimberley
Route shopper with PV500 & backup rig.
Shopping since 2004 * MSPA Silver * Undercover Essentials * IMSC
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  07:22:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When I first started with them not so long ago, it was easy to get someone on the phone. That has changed in the past year, though. Of course, if I want to pick up hard to fill shops, I don't have too much trouble getting in touch with someone...

Sandie * MSPA Gold
I have video equipment and love route shopping.
Go to Top of Page

FayEF
Valued Contributor

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  08:00:52 AM  Visit FayEF's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
The only time I get emails, and this is fine with me, is for scheduled shops. Kimberly you might want to check and see if all is correct for your profile. My was accidently changed awhile back. Got it corrected and all is fine now.
Try calling the 800 number then press "0" and request the department/client you are inquiring about. The national demographics for their departments have changed for the clients with regards to territory. Also alot of the extentsion numbers are not manned. Alot of shifting has happened within the company.
They are still one of my favorties and appreciate the ear to ear with schedulers.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums