Page: of 19

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2013 :  7:05:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sue Br.

Does anyone know where the green dinosaur gas shops went. They are usually out by now.

The green two letter gas stations are now on routes. I'm not sure which "green dinosaur" gas shops you meant.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2013 :  8:03:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MicahPage

Does anyone have a "backup" or emergency phone number for these people? I am calling the 800-782-4299 number. It says their on the phone no matter if I pick 0/1/2/3 etc. They phone system isn't set to tell you office hours even if you call in the middle of the night.

I am wondering if they were "snowed in" and have not come into the office today. I'm in SoCal, so I have to admit I don't follow the weather patterns of the midwest. I did hear something about alot of snow going thru. Maybe they were affected?

They were most likely not open today due to the blizzard conditions in the midwest. I had a scheduler tell me on Monday that they might not be open Tues. due to the weather.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2013 :  8:42:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't think I can say the name of the company. The logo used to have a dinosaur on and the colors of the station canopy is green. These shops came out at the same time as the yellow gas shops and you were paid back $5.00 for gas and $1.00 for an inside purchase. Hope that helps.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2013 :  12:11:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The dinosaur gasoline brand is now quite regional. If they are in your region, believe me you would recognize the brontosaur logo on the sign. When I was growing up, the brand made it all the way to NJ. They have retrenched to a portion of the Midwest. You might be able to search Google using the logo as a part of the search.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2013 :  6:08:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are not in Florida, as I have never seen a dinosaur of any color on a gas station.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

FayEF
Valued Contributor

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2013 :  3:25:49 PM  Visit FayEF's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
What has been anyone's experience with the huge routing gas shops that have been offered since the first of the year?

One of the routes offered to me had locations over two hundred miles from my base. The number of these locations could not be done in one day. Hence this would require overnight stays.

Also, are these gas shops going to be offered as individual shops if the routes are not taken?
Any insight would be welcome. Inquiring minds would like to know!!??
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

KarenMSW
Valued Contributor

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2013 :  8:08:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had a similar experience with routes offered - 5 locations were in the same town, the other two were 50 miles each away in opposite directions from the rest of the route. I countered by offering to take the ones that were convenient and my counter was accepted. The final payment was not the original offered for the entire route but was reduced accordingly. I had no problem with the offer system.

No idea how the "orphans" will be handled as I have not seen any of them show up on the job boards as of yet.

HTH!

Karen
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2013 :  8:24:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Someone did not pick up their route in my area, as I just received a link for the next period. However, I still don't want it.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2013 :  7:46:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do we have 7 weeks to complete the routes from the date we accept it or is it 7 weeks from the start of the shopping period??

I haven't made an offer on one of the routes available to me yet b/c of having so many to do already. (I as well had a few locations in that route that were 2 states away. I live in TN. . .no way would I drive to Missouri and back in 1 day!)

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

MichaelinNH
Star Contributor

New Hampshire
USA
488 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2013 :  09:56:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did not accept any of these routes due to the requirement of a certain percentage requiring completion each week in the time period. I do travel and I fit these projects in and do them in a very short period of time, back to back with overnight stays planned. I could not commit to do 10 or 20% per week if I was going to do the whole route five weeks from me over the course of a week or so.
I like the idea that they are trying to allow from route shoppers. It was easier when I could self-schedule 60 shops at dates that I picked, now it is more limited on self-scheduling and not worth the aggravation to try and work it out.

MSPA Gold 8/9/2006 MSPA Silver 6/23/2007
Video Shopper Certified 6/9/2011 NV Workcard R-061144. Shopping 50 States, Puerto Rico & Canada.
Go to Top of Page

DarleneH
Star Contributor

Cleveland, OH
USA
1322 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  10:05:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done the grocery audit?
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  10:37:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarleneH

Has anyone done the grocery audit?

I've done several of them. Do you have questions about them?

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

DarleneH
Star Contributor

Cleveland, OH
USA
1322 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2013 :  05:45:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, thanks. Do they take long to do?
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2013 :  2:32:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
About 30 minutes is all. My suggestion is for the audit portion to carry your paperwork and camera with you through the store and snap pictures as needed as you fill out the form. Easiest way I found to make it quicker and to not miss anything.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

LynnPerley
Valued Contributor

Kernersville, NC
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2013 :  7:38:54 PM  Send LynnPerley an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think the grocery shops will get easier the more often we do them (hopefully) just like the gas station shops. I had no issues with my first one, picked up a second location this month.

Lynn
Shopping the Piedmont Triad, NC Area
MSPA Silver # qhhkk5
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2013 :  7:45:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree. They got easier and faster after a few times.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2013 :  4:42:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anybody else had an experience where the station, on the green gas shops, does not allow photos to be taken inside the store. Did Maritz still accept the shop?

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2013 :  6:07:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had that happen one time because they didn't have the applications out. I explained it really wasn't a good idea to deny me because their distributor could want to know why. That stopped them cold.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2013 :  6:24:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lynn and Jonathan. I did four in the same day and never again...even when they call and bonus them. They are in the bad parts of town, I have to wear a vest and it takes 40 minutes in the store and 45 minutes to do the report.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Alan-Texas
Star Contributor

Arlington, TX
USA
544 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2013 :  10:11:52 AM  Visit Alan-Texas's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
@TinaMarie - Was that the first time you've done those shops? When I first did them, it took me about 40 minutes. Now it really only takes about 20 minutes to do them. Same with the report.

@Jonathan B. - It is very, very rare that someone won't allow you to take the pictures you need. The only time I've ever really had an issue is when an employee didn't want their picture taken (though that was with the yellow audits). I simply reported the facts and Maritz has never once questioned me on it.

Alan A.
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping the Dallas / Ft. Worth area since 2005
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums