Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

LynnPerley
Valued Contributor

Kernersville, NC
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2013 :  10:34:53 AM  Send LynnPerley an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jonathan, there is a station owner in my area for the yellow gas stations that will not allow interior photos of any kind, and my shops are accepted at full pay. He followed me once while I was completing a series of 3 of them, to make sure I did not take any interior photos. I reported his behavior to Maritz, and avoid his locations except when I pick one up because I have others in the same area. Each time I arrive, I ask the employee if their boss is around, and I obtain the employee's permission to take interior photos before I take any.

Lynn
Shopping the Piedmont Triad, NC Area
MSPA Silver # qhhkk5
Go to Top of Page

LynnPerley
Valued Contributor

Kernersville, NC
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2013 :  10:37:19 AM  Send LynnPerley an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Tina, I found the grocery stores get easier. The most time consuming aspect is waiting for customers to get out of the way so the mandatory photos can be taken. If I go early in the morning when the stores open up, this is less of a problem.

Lynn
MSPA Silver # qhhkk5
Go to Top of Page

LynnPerley
Valued Contributor

Kernersville, NC
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2013 :  06:13:54 AM  Send LynnPerley an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone else noticing that some of the owners of the green gas stations that are assigned to routes are getting more confrontational about the results of past audits?

Lynn
MSPA Silver # qhhkk5
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2013 :  9:26:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've only had 1 of the green gas station's owners be confrontational and this was one who has been confrontational as long as I can remember. I used to avoid this location, but with the routes decided to do it.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Crickett
Contributor

Conway, AR
USA
66 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2013 :  9:03:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I doubt I will do much more for this company. I am not a real fan of gas station shops, anyway, but I decided to do a couple the week of 9/3, as the pickings have been slim. I did them. A couple days later I happen to look and one is on hold. It seems I did not click the Y/N box on one question. Since I remembered clicking it, and always do a summary, and the system had not told me I missed a question, I was a bit miffed, but I corrected it. I checked it the next day and the hold was gone. I checked it a few days later and the hold was back, and the shop was showing overdue again, but this time with no reason. I wrote them and was told it was an internal hold, and the shop was ok. I went back today to check on it and my OTHER one was showing on hold and overdue (NOTICE, I did the shop on 9/5, they put this on the shop 9/16, and sent me NO email). Now it seems that the fuel dispenser I took a picture of was a diesel pump, and they wanted a regular fuel pump (they had not specified, I just picked one to photograph).

SO it just seems they are nit picking. I had like 30 pictures, and a bunch were of pumps. Seems they could have just used one if they did not like the diesel picture. But to wait 10 days to tell me they did not like it, not let me know, and give me 24 hours to fix it, REALLY made me mad. I just have to check that site every other day to see if they accept the shops I did 9/5. It is ridiculous, maddening, and
did not pay enough to put me through all this. Once they pay me I doubt I would work for them again, MUCH less do a route that takes me far away and involves several stations...

Crickett
Go to Top of Page

FayEF
Valued Contributor

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2013 :  04:41:30 AM  Visit FayEF's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
What are anyone's thoughts on the gas station bundle route shops?
Go to Top of Page

LynnPerley
Valued Contributor

Kernersville, NC
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2013 :  05:57:03 AM  Send LynnPerley an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FayEF

What are anyone's thoughts on the gas station bundle route shops?

I like the flexibility to schedule them at my convenience, and they pay a little more. It saves time (not having to request the shops). Some of the routes offered are a little odd, but the one route I have works well for me. I did not accept any that were recently offered with night shops.

Lynn
MSPA Silver # qhhkk5
Go to Top of Page

JuanitaJ
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2013 :  06:01:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I only do the gas shops that require no photos. I have never done route shops.

It has been my experience that some stations will "challenge" any report that does not shed a good light on them. So, even though I am not required to take any photos, when I report something I think they will not like (like a dirty bathroom), I have started taking a photo anyway for my own record.

In my report, I indicate that I have a photo "if it is necessary." So far, no one has complained.

Hopefully, it makes it clear that I can back up what I say.

Juanita
MSPA Gold Certified
Happily shopping the Houston, TX area.
Go to Top of Page

MatthewinDE
Valued Contributor

Wilmington, DE
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2013 :  06:35:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My only "complaint" about the routes is that I can't do them... I work full time so trying to fit any routes in is generally impossible looking only at weekends. I don't like the idea of routes for this reason because it means that the possibility of me getting individual shops less. It makes sense for Maritz though so I don't hold it against them.

On another note they seem to have been very stingy on bonuses lately. I've made offers (that are not unreasonable based on what I've been paid for the same location or one at a similar distance) and the scheduler says they have to check with their manager and will call me back if it is accepted. I never hear from them again. Its a little frustrating... but oh well.

Matthew
Shopping in DE
Go to Top of Page

LynnPerley
Valued Contributor

Kernersville, NC
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2013 :  7:47:01 PM  Send LynnPerley an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Matthew, they have trouble getting people to do the grocery shops in my area and I have received consistent bonuses for one of them that is a bit of a distance away.

Lynn
MSPA Silver # qhhkk5
Go to Top of Page

Cassy S.
Valued Contributor

Seattle, Washington
USA
131 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2013 :  6:14:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can anyone tell me how Maritz pays? I know the website says either on the 15th or the 30th but by check or Paypal?

Thanks,

Cassy
Love to shop the greater Seattle area.
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2013 :  6:22:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I receive a check either the 1st or 2nd and 16th or 17th. Like clockwork, love this company.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

LynnPerley
Valued Contributor

Kernersville, NC
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2013 :  6:25:28 PM  Send LynnPerley an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
They mail checks. They are very reliable, but there is no Paypal option that I know of. I wish they did have direct deposit.

Lynn
MSPA Silver # qhhkk5
Go to Top of Page

Larry S
Valued Contributor

Simi Valley, CA
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2013 :  2:39:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If there is ever a problem you can talk directly to payroll and the problem is normally solved within minutes. This is a great company to work for. Phone communication is preferred.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

Mindy T.

Sioux City, IA
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2013 :  12:45:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done the new type of yellow gas station audits where you have to take measurements and take a photo of each pump? I'm wondering how involved they are.
Go to Top of Page

Crickett
Contributor

Conway, AR
USA
66 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2013 :  11:40:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
To me all these gas stations rarely pay enough for the work involved, and then Maritz seems to me especially picky.The gas shops are very involved, to me. The reports are very detailed and take a long time, pictures have to be uploaded one by one and must be like a professional photographer. We got into it once because their instructions (at this one gas station) said to take a full picture of a pump, which I did. Turns out (altho NOT stated in the instructions) it could not be a diesel pump, and that is the one I took. I nicely refused to go back and get another pic, and seem to be booted. I will not do a gas station for much under $15. at all, and these ones with pics of ALL the pumps just don't seem worth it, to me. I did like Maritz, but for some reason I could not seem to do a good enough job for them.

Crickett
Go to Top of Page

EliseSm
Valued Contributor

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2013 :  12:20:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
As the years have gone by, and the country has endured economic challenges, causing the pay for mystery shops to be on a decline. We have to remember that the pay has declined for the entire industry, including those who sign the contracts with companies for business reasons.

Whenever we assign to a job, and then fail to put the report in as required, the company contract will be affected. Ultimately, the entire mystery shopping industry, and especially the specific company, would be affected even from one botched shop.

If we assign a job or accept an assignment, we have to do our best to report a perfect evaluation. This is beneficial for many good reasons, as stated above, but the bottom line is that schedulers and other mystery shopping employees talk and network.

I imagine there is some kind of a board where a contract worker like myself would be noticed if I did a good job, and likewise I would be noticed if I did a bad job. If there were enough of the bad notices, then I would have no job.
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
661 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2013 :  06:28:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You are absolutely correct. I love working for Maritz but the POP audits are a pain. There are too many pictures to take if you have a large location with several pumps. I had one that had 16 pumps. I laboriously put in each picture and this was around midnight. I hit send and it didn't go through and I had to sign in again and low and behold all my work was gone. I was not a happy camper, actually I said a dirty word and went to bed. I will never do these again. The people at Maritz are picky about these and I realize they need to send a thorough report to the client but not for what they pay us. I will stick with the regular gas audits.

w
quote:
Originally posted by Crickett

To me all these gas stations rarely pay enough for the work involved, and then Maritz seems to me especially picky.The gas shops are very involved, to me. The reports are very detailed and take a long time, pictures have to be uploaded one by one and must be like a professional photographer. We got into it once because their instructions (at this one gas station) said to take a full picture of a pump, which I did. Turns out (altho NOT stated in the instructions) it could not be a diesel pump, and that is the one I took. I nicely refused to go back and get another pic, and seem to be booted. I will not do a gas station for much under $15. at all, and these ones with pics of ALL the pumps just don't seem worth it, to me. I did like Maritz, but for some reason I could not seem to do a good enough job for them.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2013 :  10:13:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did Maritz just land a huge oid company from another client? I see the pay, but can't do it without a bonused amount. I'll stick with the non-revealved scenarios for the $12 benefit instead.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

Larry S
Valued Contributor

Simi Valley, CA
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2013 :  11:49:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In addition to the stated pay there will be a reimbursement for gas (inline with the shops they are now doing) and a convenience store item.

Larry
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums