Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Market Force Information, Inc. (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2011 :  10:28:21 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Given that the topic "Feedback Requested: Market Force Information, Inc." has reached over 100 pages long, I have locked it and started this new topic. All the opinions posted to the old topic are still valid, however, a thread this big can slow down the server.

Please continue the conversation here.

Old topic
Feedback Requested: Market Force Information, Inc. (1)

CharlotteAM

High Ridge, MO
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2011 :  4:23:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone on the merchandising portal had problems with being paid for the correct amount of hours for the GoldToe assignment back in JUNE??

I've still not gotten paid the full amount, only $22 dollars so far. They keep saying its being processed.
Go to Top of Page

LisaTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2011 :  8:01:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good thing I like Market Force as I think they've just about cornered the market re: mystery shopping. They appear to be getting all my fav assignments that I've been doing for years with other MSPs. Interesting - will keep my eyes open and see what else comes down the pike.

Lisa
MSPA Gold Certified and happily shopping in North Texas
Go to Top of Page

Willaustin
Trainee

Houston, TX
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2011 :  12:38:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would love to shop for them, but they have disabled my old account for inactivity and will not approve me to be a shopper on a new account.
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2011 :  2:21:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Beware fellow shoppers, this company is culling again. Geez and this comes a week after I get a congratulatory certificate for doing shops. Here is what I received, short and sweet: This message is to inform you that your scheduled assignments with Market Force Information have had to be cancelled. Say what? These folks are losing a reliable shopper.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

EmilyPWa
Valued Contributor

Willard, UT
USA
168 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2011 :  2:38:15 PM  Send EmilyPWa an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
They contacted me for more information a few days ago. I responded. They asked again. I responded again. They then cancelled my account until I respond. Which I did again. I might now be gone as one of their shoppers. I have 2 shops that are still assigned to me. I hope they reinstate me since their shops can be a good filler!

Emily
Now shopping in the Ogden UT area
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2011 :  8:00:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sue Br.

Beware fellow shoppers, this company is culling again. Geez and this comes a week after I get a congratulatory certificate for doing shops. Here is what I received, short and sweet: This message is to inform you that your scheduled assignments with Market Force Information have had to be cancelled. Say what? These folks are losing a reliable shopper.

Did they just cancelled some assignments or deactivated you? Maybe their client pulled some jobs?

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2011 :  8:07:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Tina, I think I got the boot permanently. I had shops with more than one company and all my shops were cancelled. I also do not have the option to select shops. I would say I'm a goner. I did write but they haven't answered me, probably won't. I expected this sooner or later so I'm not really shocked.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2011 :  07:06:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They cancelled two of my shops due to hurricane, but I can still select shops.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

CorrieS
Star Contributor

Briarwood, NY
USA
932 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2011 :  08:05:27 AM  Send CorrieS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
When I got home from work yesterday (my regular FT job), my daughter said, "Some company called to cancel your [grocery] shop." Helpful as she is at 8 years old, she couldn't give me any additional info. I am guessing it was because of the hurricane. Seems I can still select shops on their site.

Corrie S.
MSPA Silver Certified
shopping NYC & Nassau County... and willing to travel...
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2011 :  10:16:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got the reply I expected a few minutes ago. It seems I was actually working for the CIA or maybe the FBI.
Good Morning,
We hope that you can understand that we cannot share the specifics regarding why you are no longer being given the opportunity to select new shops as that could reveal some of the most confidential and proprietary aspects of our business. Because Market Force is unique in this industry, we are not at liberty to share the decisions behind how and why shops are or are not offered to certain shoppers. However, we have had to remove your name from our shopper database and we will not be able to offer you any more assignments.

Thank you,

Isn't that sweet? Makes my heart go pitter patter. Can't say what I am really thinking.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Willaustin
Trainee

Houston, TX
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2011 :  9:43:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
These guys are full of ****. The only companies that boot you are for being outed as the shopper and then they usually just hide that client from you. How can it be productive to boot people who have taken the time to apply and then go through training for their projects only to be kicked off before completing a single project.
Go to Top of Page

Andrea_Calif
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2011 :  09:39:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sue Br.

It seems I was actually working for the CIA or maybe the FBI.

Funny you should phrase it that way. As I read about the deactivations de jour, I think "Bummer! Another Burn Notice."

(Maybe I'm the only one that watches that television series "Burn Notice." The one where the CIA spy is deactivated without any explaination.)

Andrea
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping Since 2004
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2011 :  10:14:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andrea_Calif
Funny you should phrase it that way. As I read about the deactivations de jour, I think "Bummer! Another Burn Notice."

(Maybe I'm the only one that watches that television series "Burn Notice." The one where the CIA spy is deactivated without any explanation.)

Nope, that's one of my son's fave shows. I've thought the same thing!

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Suzanne
Valued Contributor

Fort Worth, TX
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2011 :  05:40:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just got a recruiting email from Jeff Woodson saying he is "your group regional Instructor forMarket Force Information in USA". Can anyone confirm validity?

Thanks

Suzanne

MSPA GOLD Certified
Shopping Ft Worth, TX and surrounding area
Go to Top of Page

Lisa-LA

Central, FL
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2011 :  11:08:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
MF just took the liberty to assign TWO fast food shops to me without my approval. I do not want either shop assignment. The pay is low and the locations are NOT easy to get to (one is on a very large campus of a nearby University).

Has anyone else experienced this? I have never seen this kind of thing before.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
468 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2011 :  5:13:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa-LA

MF just took the liberty to assign TWO fast food shops to me without my approval. I do not want either shop assignment. The pay is low and the locations are NOT easy to get to (one is on a very large campus of a nearby University).

Has anyone else experienced this? I have never seen this kind of thing before.

Check your account settings for you "Auto-assign" shops profile. It's possible it may be set that you will accept auto-assigned shops within a certain mileage radius.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Lisa-LA

Central, FL
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2011 :  12:47:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you for that info. I just checked the auto-assign profile and I have "NO" checked and saved.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

JHong

Brooklyn, NY
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  1:51:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lisa, I've had that happen to me on two separate occasions, probably about a year apart. I completed the first shop anyway because I could do it and I didn't want to risk being put on a "naughty" list. The second time it happened to me (fairly recently) I contacted MF and told them it was not possible for me to take the shop and that I had never requested it in the first place. The person who replied to my email apologized that the shop was given to me without my approval. She couldn't tell me how it had happened. I don't think it was an auto-assign. Honestly, I suspect a scheduler assigned it to me to get it off their hands, but I can't prove that. Fortunately the cancelled shop doesn't seem to have impacted my standing with MF. Phew!

Silver certified
Shopping NYC
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  2:02:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you have done those locations before, they may have assigned them to you w/out your consent, just to see if you would complete them anyway. Had this happen to me a few times, and one time a scheduler told me that this does happen sometimes when a hard-to-place location approaches the due date.
Go to Top of Page

JenniferML
Valued Contributor

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  6:43:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know that that at the end of the report for one PITA retail shop they have, I've been asked if I would let them auto-assign them to me. It was separate from their regular auto-assign and after saying yes, I was assigned it once or twice without requesting it. But that hasn't happened in a long time. I think I've also seen that on some of their wireless shops.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums