Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Market Force Information, Inc. (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2012 :  07:04:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Amy,

I agree the calls from the foreign schedulers are annoying, but don't cut off your nose to spite your face...they still have some good shops and bonuses and if you deactivate yourself, who's going suffer, you or the garbled messengers? I love the schedulers with the southern accents and much prefer to speak to one of them over the chit chatty ones from India who I can't understand and waste my time.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

RonR
Valued Contributor

San Jacinto, CA
USA
126 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2012 :  07:25:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just a question for those annoyed by foreign schedulers. How do you know that they are foreign? There are plenty of people who live in America that have foreign accents. Have you asked if they are foreign? I've had plenty of calls from other companies who ask how I'm doing when they call. Almost every time I do any kind of face to face business with someone they ask how I'm doing or how my day is. In my opinion, it's unprofessional to not ask how I'm doing when I'm called by a scheduler. It's a basic greeting that we all know is insincere and we almost all do it everyday.

Shopping all of Southern California.
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2012 :  07:58:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
RonR,

Thanks for being PC. If you had received any of these calls you would understand. All schedulers who call me exchange pleasantries before proceeding. I have no problem with that. These calls come from India and the caller is repetitive with the greetings and shop information...and D-R-A-G everything O-U-T. Unless you cut them short, the call could last several minutes. I was on the phone with one for nearly ten minutes one day for a shop I couldn't do. UGH. It's just a PITA.

Disclaimer: I have no problem with accents when one can understand what the caller is trying to say whether they originate in the US or outside of the US.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

JonK
Contributor

AL
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2012 :  08:56:58 AM  Visit JonK's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with Judi about the dragging it out issue. This only happens with the overseas call center. I have completed over 600 Sony DVD projects. I don't need them wasting 10 minutes of my day telling me how the job should be performed. Yet they do every time. I've tried interrupting them but they just keep talking. I'm scared that if I hang up they won't assign the shop to me.

Another interesting scenario the last time they called was the guy started spouting off statistics about my performance in order to tell me what a dependable merchandiser I have been. It was sort of interesting information, but he said it so fast that I only caught the first part of it, which I disagree with. I've completed 100% of my assignments, but he said I've done 94%.

Jon
Shopping all of Alabama, Mississippi, Florida panhandle, most of Tennessee, western Georgia and anywhere else where there's opportunity!
Go to Top of Page

AmyK
Star Contributor

Marin County, CA
USA
426 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2012 :  10:03:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am not going to deactivate but I may not do business with the overseas call center. I have no issues with people speaking with accents as long as I understand them. In fact, I find the Indian aceent and quality of English spoken in India to be very good. Living in California, dealing with accents is a daily occurence. I also receive my tech support for my computer from India and the customer service has been excellent. So I was not being derogatory about their nationality. However, what can be typical with Indian call centers is that they read every word from their script regardless. US bound schedulers call me and we have a professional interaction on the phone. It's one thing to ask how I am and another to read it from a script in a non conversational voice.

Amy
Gold in SF Bay Area
Go to Top of Page

MichM
Apprentice

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2012 :  12:54:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
After working for Market Force for about 4 years, I was recently deactivated. I didn't bother asking why after reading this thread. I guess I was at my limit of shops.

Michele
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2012 :  2:16:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I thought they were from the Philippines? So much stuff is sent to India, yes, but I really thought MFI had gone to a different country. I will give the foreigners credit for a pretty good learning curve; their English is much more understandable already now than it was a few months ago. (Yes, same people, I recognize the voice) I think I've only been called for the purple side, though, and it has still been US people for the blue side. I don't get many calls from the blue portal, though, except for jobs an hour away.

I'm agree that the biggest complaint is the insistence on reading every single bit of instruction for the job, no matter if it is brand new or you've done so many you can do them in your sleep. "I see you have location A already completed, location B is scheduled, can we give you location C as well? Now let me tell you every step it involves..." And they always spell out the website and phone number including which option to press, even though they surely know you are aware. I'm wondering how many complaints the schedulers have heard, because last time, the guy said, "Now I have to review this with you for our quality control" before doing the obligatory and needless assignment review, and he did sound apologetic that he had to say it all. I know from personal experience in a call center, if the script says you have to include XYZ then you'd better include it or risk losing your job. Perhaps we need to complain more heavily to MFI themselves to get this either cut back from the script or allow them to have the flexibility to determine if it is necessary for that call.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

MatthewinDE
Valued Contributor

Wilmington, DE
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2012 :  2:32:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have stopped answering called that I know are from the schedulers for the mystery shopping side because of the script. I accept the calls from the other side because they are easier to deal with and are quicker. Although my major complaint with the merchandising side is that they do not cross-check current addresses with previously completed shops. I received a call at 6:50 am this morning asking me to do a shop in Pennsylvania, where I haven't lived for 3.5 years. (Three hour time difference between PA and AZ currently.) They know I'm in AZ; I've done shops for both portals out here.

Matthew
Shopping in DE
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2012 :  2:47:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sandi G

.... Perhaps we need to complain more heavily to MFI themselves to get this either cut back from the script or allow them to have the flexibility to determine if it is necessary for that call.

Agreed Sandi. The foreign call center ops are just doing their jobs as trained. (Yes Ron, I KNOW they are foreign because they call me daily and I have asked in which country are they located!) And most are learning to be more efficient in their dialog. The call centers handle a great many different accounts and clients, so the ops cannot be personally familiar with each and every call situation. Some I have talked with have no clue what MS'ing or merch'ing involves, except what they read on the screen.

I have respectfully complained to supervisors in NY and they seem to act as if this was the first they had heard of the situation. But sad fact is, this "streamlining" is here to stay, right along with low-scale wages.
Go to Top of Page

JenniferML
Valued Contributor

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2012 :  04:18:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
At least on the mystery shopping side, the new call center schedulers don't seem to be authorized to go ask for a higher bonus.

We were in the middle of a Nor'Easter yesterday. I asked for a higher fee to do a fast casual shop. That tripped the call center person up and she only seemed to be able to respond with I am autorized to offer $X fee.

I wasn't going to argue.

The job is still listed on the website so I guess it wasn't that urgent.
Go to Top of Page

Debbie7452

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2012 :  08:14:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ditto to those annoyed by the foreign call centers. They call every dang day. They are wearing me out and I don't have time to listen to all the instructions. I've started turning down jobs I would have normally taken because of the hassle. My calls seem to be from the Philippines...

The last one that called I had to just cut off while they were reading and tell them "I need to get off the phone NOW".
Go to Top of Page

Nicole in NC

Raleigh, NC
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  08:29:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh thank goodness for this forum, you guys are helping me laugh off these calls.

Here's a summary of one from two days ago (regarding a fast food shop)
:
MF: Hello, etc etc... we have a shop open at your local airport. Do you have an airport pass?

Me: Well, no but I'm flying this week, so I can access all the shops that are there.

MF: No, you need an airport access badge, like you are an employee.

Me: No, I don't, I can pass security because I have a ticket. I am flying.

MF: Where are you flying to? I can ask my supervisor.

Me: [I answer the destination airport. This was probably a lost in translation mistake.]

MF: I asked the supervisor and the answer is no, we need someone with an airport pass.

I laughed them right off the phone and said good luck with that. I logged on today.. and what do I see? The very same shop but now with a $25 bonus! I think I'll sign up! Laughing that one to the bank.

My question though - have any of you filled out a report on an andriod based phone? Or blackberry? Any luck??

Go to Top of Page

Joyce1947
Valued Contributor

Bourne, MA
USA
221 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  2:43:02 PM  Send Joyce1947 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nicole in NC

My question though - have any of you filled out a report on an andriod based phone? Or blackberry? Any luck??

I have with and Android. I have a QWERTY keyboard on my Droid Global and honestly I will NEVER do it again. It was almost painful.

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  4:43:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So, you got the bonus for the job, Nicole? That's sweet justice. Now, that's saving money by outsourcing, huh?

Bekki
Gold-certified
Undercover Essentials video-certified
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  5:00:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nicole in NC

quote:
Originally posted by Joyce1947
I have with and Android. I have a QWERTY keyboard on my Droid Global and honestly I will NEVER do it again. It was almost painful.

Joyce

I have used my Android as well. While it takes forever because their reports have so many pages to load, MFI is one of the few that I would be willing to enter the report via phone as there is little to no narrative required for them. I have done partial burger place reports in the wait time between the DT and the DI portions.

I think it is awesome you picked up such a nice bonus!

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

VanessaXG
Apprentice

Dallas, TX
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  06:08:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Market Force is my favorite company, I love their system and their schedule. I also love the shops they offer. But...their second company on the purple website, I hate it. I sign up for a shop and then I never ever get approved for it (if it's the same company indeed, they know my proven track record). Not only that, but no one ever responds to me when I email a question. It frustrated me so much that I just took that half of the company off my list.

Vanessa
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  09:39:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Vanessa,
They are under the same MFI umbrella but except for tax paperwork, I do not think the two sides communicate in any fashion at all. I don't know if they even have any way of checking your work history cross-portal and honestly, I doubt it. They started out as two completely different companies and except for the name, pretty much still are completely separate.

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

ChrisThomas
Valued Contributor

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2012 :  7:22:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just noticed an auto parts store posted today at 2.00 reimbursement and NO FEE!
At that price, it would not even be worth it if the guidelines instructed shoppers to simply do a drive by and see if the store is there.

Market Force should rename themselves Flea Market.

Unbelievable
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2012 :  11:06:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do a lot of trailer checks on the purple portal and have no problem with the site or getting assignments.

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2012 :  11:36:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Chris--hahahahahahaha

Bekki
Gold-certified
Undercover Essentials video-certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums