Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Market Force Information, Inc. (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2012 :  9:15:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisThomas

I just noticed an auto parts store posted today at 2.00 reimbursement and NO FEE!
At that price, it would not even be worth it if the guidelines instructed shoppers to simply do a drive by and see if the store is there.

Market Force should rename themselves Flea Market.

Unbelievable

I saw a few and click on the test portion. It required a first and last name of the associate. Wow!

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2012 :  01:45:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:

I just noticed an auto parts store posted today at 2.00 reimbursement and NO FEE!
At that price, it would not even be worth it if the guidelines instructed shoppers to simply do a drive by and see if the store is there.

Market Force should rename themselves Flea Market.

Unbelievable

That post gave me a good laugh!

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Baker
Valued Contributor

Evansville, IN
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2012 :  06:28:06 AM  Visit Ms.Baker's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi there..

Now there is a certification test with a 15-minute video for a fast food shop... of course, the 15-minute video did not work... and I missed a question in trying to pass the certification without that video.

Nothing's better in life than watching a 15-minute video to get a $5 shop. That's an improvement in training shoppers.

Shopping the Tri-State area
Go to Top of Page

MatthewinDE
Valued Contributor

Wilmington, DE
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2012 :  08:04:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Now there is a certification test with a 15-minute video for a fast food shop... of course, the 15-minute video did not work... and I missed a question in trying to pass the certification without that video.

Ms.Baker - One of the questions is directly contradictory towards the paperwork. It says that correcting your order through the speak and when it is delivered is required. Correcting your order is option. If that is the question that you missed that may be why. I selected all possible choices even though I knew it was wrong and got the question right. Got to love it!

quote:

Chris - I emailed the help desk asking them if this was a mistake. I know MF is CHEAP, but I hope they haven't gone that cheap! I'll post the response from the help desk when/if I receive one.

Matthew
Shopping in DE
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  3:04:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone ever heard that if they call you and you decline an assignment they offer, it goes against you in your cancellation rate as a cancelled shop instead of declined?

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  4:15:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
WOW Sandi! If that's true, maybe that's why they terminated me so many times!!
Go to Top of Page

ChrisThomas
Valued Contributor

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  5:25:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Another great reason not to answer the phone when they call
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  8:20:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had declined numerous times over the phone. It has not affected my getting shops.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Deb ShopJumper

CA
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2012 :  6:13:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for them for years and found they got cheaper and cheaper as time went by and more hard-nosed. Also poor communicators. For example: I did hundreds of successful fast-food shops for a certain restaurant and when I hit the magic number of fatal errors (was it 3?), I was dropped permanently from the assignments. This seemed unjust to me but no amount of explaining of percentages did any good. It wasn't until about a year later that a scheduler confided in me that the restaurant itself had a lifetime limit on the number of shops someone could do and I had reached it so they had to drop me. Couldn't they have just told me as much in the first place?
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2012 :  10:17:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The redeeming factor here Deb, is that someone someday will underbid MF on those clients. As IC's, we will of course begin to work for that new company and begin the "lifecycle count" all over!!

A very large chain shop recently changed MSC's... I had been blocked for years from the shops due to reaching my "max number of shops", so now with the new MSC I am OK and doing them again!
Go to Top of Page

Randi H
Star Contributor

Orange, Virginia
USA
931 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2012 :  1:17:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So frustrated by MF right now. I work a full time job and today I happened to pick up 2 of the shops they had listed. Did one at lunch and get back to my desk and my cell phone rings. It is MF, some guy can barely understand asking about me doing a shop. Long and short I agree to it, but at a higher fee. He then proceeds to tell me he has to ask bunch of questions, (the qualification questions). He starts asking and I have no clue what he is even saying. I tell him I cannot understand what you are asking. He starts again to the point of I finally have to say Look I am at work on my full time job, I have done plenty of these shops so either assign it or not. I cannot understand you. His response..to start asking the questions again..my response was to hang up. I read where they are outsourcing their calls?! I do believe it at this point, this is the 2nd time that it has been an issue. The first one was calling me and could not get I don't go to this town on weekends, I kept saying I am there during the week, this went on 4 times until I had to say Monday through Friday I am in that area, not on Saturday and Sunday. It is becoming very frustrating talking to these people. Think I am going to take my cell number off and they can just call the house phone that I never check if they do not get this together.

Randi
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

ChrisThomas
Valued Contributor

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2012 :  10:18:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone tried to change zip codes with the search button. Why does it take two tries every time? Silly things like that make this company look foolish day in and day out. In way over their heads if you ask me.
Go to Top of Page

BigMikeyP
Star Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
336 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2012 :  10:22:30 AM  Visit BigMikeyP's Homepage  Send BigMikeyP an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:

Has anyone tried to change zip codes with the search button. Why does it take two tries every time? Silly things like that make this company look foolish day in and day out. In way over their heads if you ask me.

I know it can be frustrating...I never put my zip code in because I'll never get shops in my area. I generally put in a nearby zip code or the suburb that I am familiar with (good to live in a city like Chicago)..and max out the miles to 200...doesn't always work but most of the time it does...

Silver-certified Mystery Shopper covering the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana areas.
Go to Top of Page

Debbie7452

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2012 :  06:59:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Randi, Call the help desk phone number and get someone to put a note in your file that you don't want to be called by the overseas schedulers. I did this after they started calling twice a day. Even if I could take the shop, I couldn't stand the lengthy questions process and hard to understand schedulers. I told MF I would still take calls from local US schedulers. The foreign calls have stopped, thankfully.

Maybe if we all do this they will rethink their overseas program!
Go to Top of Page

Terren
Valued Contributor

Brandon, FL
USA
120 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2012 :  4:01:41 PM  Send Terren an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
MF has given me the same overseas scheduler twice and I listened to the questions. What I didn't get is that they asked the question again for assigning the same type of shop twice more during the call? Hello I answered them once and I know it appears when you self assign too but if we already did this don't need to do it again. And have done plenty of shops and get the same meal and now i get questioned about what i order when it has never been thrown out before.. hmm sigh. But usually the higher fee is worth it to me.

GOLD *x1z1xl*
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2012 :  3:49:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TinaMarie

I had declined numerous times over the phone. It has not affected my getting shops.

I'm not saying that you won't get shops. I still get shops. I was told my cancellation rate was good and I said that I had never cancelled anything, so it should be at 0%. They said that it was 10%. When I asked what they show was cancelled, I was read a list of jobs that I refused (mostly merchandising and a couple of open and blind checks) and one that I had an extension on, but they took away from me anyway.

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

SusanSG
Contributor

AL
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2012 :  3:00:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Debbie7452

Randi, Call the help desk phone number and get someone to put a note in your file that you don't want to be called by the overseas schedulers. I did this after they started calling twice a day. Even if I could take the shop, I couldn't stand the lengthy questions process and hard to understand schedulers. I told MF I would still take calls from local US schedulers. The foreign calls have stopped, thankfully.

Maybe if we all do this they will rethink their overseas program!

Great tip. I didn't realize you could do that! I'll have to do that. The overseas calls were driving me crazy to the point I don't even answer the calls any more.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

CorrieS
Star Contributor

Briarwood, NY
USA
932 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  12:13:24 PM  Send CorrieS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just won another $5 at Amazon for one of their surveys.

Corrie S.
MSPA Silver Certified
shopping NYC & Nassau County... and willing to travel...
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Baker
Valued Contributor

Evansville, IN
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  7:17:33 PM  Visit Ms.Baker's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CorrieS

Just won another $5 at Amazon for one of their surveys.

Kudos! I have won a couple... but I don't reply unless I am checking my email when the message comes in.

Shopping the Tri-State area
Go to Top of Page

Rene-R
Valued Contributor

Phoenix, AZ
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2012 :  3:29:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if there is a way to eliminate certain shop locations, or certain zip codes, from your outbound call list?

I get called EVERY. BLASTED. DAY. about calls that MFI thinks is a mere 7 miles from me. Even tho I tell them every single time that they are looking zip code to zip code as the crow flies, but actually there is a mountain between us, so it's over an hour away. The overseas people will call, and as soon as I hang up with one, another will call (it's a hard-to-schedule area apparently). Is there seriously no way to note on my account that I won't shop that area?!

I finally told them to put my account on vacation for a month, bc I can't take the calls anymore, esp for shops I would never do for $5-10 fee (less than the gas it would take, certainly). But that's not a permanent fix bc now I don't get offers for shops I WOULD do.

UGH

Gold shopping metro Phoenix & airports everywhere, since 2005. ~ Have Video equipment, will travel!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums