Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Market Force Information, Inc. (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

KarenS
Valued Contributor

Arizona
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2012 :  12:27:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Rene-R

Some day we'll laugh about this. But darn, I was hoping you'd take that shop in Globe, Arizona so they'd quit calling me.

No I don't want to drive 125 miles through one mountain range and around another on a day when it's 108 degrees for a $10 bonus.

Seriously though, I've managed to let calls that come from a Virgina area code go to voice mail. And then if I'm really interested in a shop I'll email the help desk with my price. It's worked so far.

Hang in there.
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
468 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2012 :  6:58:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just let the calls from the 925 area code go to voice mail. If it's something I'm interested in, I can always call in.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Avery
Valued Contributor

Salida, Colorado
USA
179 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2012 :  7:48:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote

Over the years, I've worked for or applied for jobs with several dozen MS companies, and this one is the first where I've finally quit without every doing a single job. Why?

Well, aside from the lousy pay on the jobs available in my area, I find that their job-posting e-mails are an utterly ludicrous waste of time. To wit: in order to read details about and try to get an assignment pursuant to one of their "Certified Messages," one must:

1. open e-mail
2. go on-line
3. open messages
4. open one job at a time
5. find job number
6. search for job number
7. open up job description within the job number

ALL THE ABOVE HASSLE TO FIND OUT WHAT OTHER MSC'S PUT IN THEIR ORIGINAL E-MAIL!

I played this wasting-time game for a year; no more.

Go to Top of Page

FayEF
Valued Contributor

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2012 :  07:33:48 AM  Visit FayEF's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
What have been anyone's repercussions when FAILING to request salt and pepper at the drive thru for breakfast?
What about if you requested ketchup INSTEAD Of salt and pepper during the walk-in breakfast?
These are now on the CPI directives.
These are two different situations.
Any clues and responses are greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Go to Top of Page

Nicole in NC

Raleigh, NC
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2012 :  07:51:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can't answer that question, but I have had a shop rejected because the employee rang up the order incorrectly. Yep, you read that right. I appealed to the 'grader' / 'editor' but they just didn't' believe me so I didn't get paid. I'm sure they used the data from my shop though..

And yet they still call me with opportunities. Wonderful, several hour drive opportunities for a $2 bonus. So, I too don't answer those calls very often.. see my previous post on the topic. I do, however, look for the big bonuses online.

I wonder why they switched to paying people to call us.. were they having such a hard time with getting shops assigned using the board and/or SAMANTHA, etc?
Go to Top of Page

FayEF
Valued Contributor

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2012 :  10:29:44 AM  Visit FayEF's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone else???? ANYONE????
Did anyone have any experience with thefollowing?????????????
What have been anyone's repercussions when FAILING to request salt and pepper at the drive thru for breakfast?
What about if you requested ketchup INSTEAD Of salt and pepper during the walk-in breakfast?
Thanks

Go to Top of Page

EliseSm
Valued Contributor

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2012 :  11:53:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Repercussions? If you don't do these shops to the salt err detail, you will not be paid and your report will be rejected. I've only had problems, once.
Go to Top of Page

TerrieDean
Contributor

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  5:50:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I opened up my email today and found something that totally shocked me. It was a letter from Market Force asking me to RE activate my account. I am sitting there re reading it for the 10th time and asking "you want me to do WHAT???!!!!" As I recall, when I was DE activated it was a normal thing for them to do. Has anyone else received this type of letter?

Terrie
Go to Top of Page

BigMikeyP
Star Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
336 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  7:00:10 PM  Visit BigMikeyP's Homepage  Send BigMikeyP an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TerrieDean

I opened up my email today and found something that totally shocked me. It was a letter from Market Force asking me to RE activate my account. I am sitting there re reading it for the 10th time and asking "you want me to do WHAT???!!!!" As I recall, when I was DE activated it was a normal thing for them to do. Has anyone else received this type of letter?

I did as well but I was never deactivated....immediate thought was that it was a SPAM email...so logged in from the website and found nothing had changed.

Not sure what to tell you.

Silver-certified Mystery Shopper covering the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana areas.
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  7:02:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got one of the emails and immediately thought they had seen the errors of their ways in deactivating me but alas not so. I clicked on the link and ended up being asked to contact support. I didn't bother.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Steve Marks
Apprentice

Los Angeles, CA
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2012 :  12:21:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Market Force has been one of my "go to" companies for years now. The jobs are relatively easy, pay well, and are very available in my area (Los Angeles). I do get phone calls often from them (5-10 calls/month), and just recently they seem to have outsourced some of these calls to India.
Go to Top of Page

JenniferML
Valued Contributor

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2012 :  4:39:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FayEF

Anyone else???? ANYONE????
Did anyone have any experience with thefollowing?????????????
Thanks

There doesn't seem to be a question about the salt and pepper on the form. So I asked, I received but there was no question.
Go to Top of Page

FayEF
Valued Contributor

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  08:25:38 AM  Visit FayEF's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
The request for salt and pepper during the breakfast shops were for the month of June. The request was in the area of additional instructions on the CPI, where MF puts the information for other things we are to observe for that month.

Additional instructions were given for requesting ketchup during the lunch and dinner shops.
Again these requests for the month of JUNE.
I have not looked at a CPI for the month of July.
By the way MF does change their special questions or requests each month.
Go to Top of Page

SusanToonces
Valued Contributor

Queens, NY
USA
167 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  08:55:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like Market Force. But here in NY we used to get tons of FF shops. I haven't seen any for months, except one or two in Jersey. I only get the casual food shops.

anyone in NY see FF shops?

Susan
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  4:54:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SusanToonces

I like Market Force. But here in NY we used to get tons of FF shops. I haven't seen any for months, except one or two in Jersey. I only get the casual food shops.

anyone in NY see FF shops?

I'm not in NY, but I put in 50 miles search for 11366 and came up with hundreds of FF, including Queens, Bronx and Brooklyn. Most are bonused.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  8:24:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That's not a monthly thing; it has been a requirement for years. The question only asks if you received the condiment you requested, though, so if you requested a different condiment and received it, I'd just say yes and shut up. If you didn't request one at all, then you did not follow directions and they tend to reject those shops.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Bolan747
Valued Contributor

New Albany, IN
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2012 :  10:16:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have noticed that my recent receipts list the condiments I requested as a line item on the receipt. So, I would request it just in case....
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2012 :  10:51:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It doesn't say when you need to ask for the condiment. I ask for it when they bring the food, so it would never show up in the receipt. Same with drive thru, I ask for it at the second window.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

FayEF
Valued Contributor

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2012 :  4:39:46 PM  Visit FayEF's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
For the JUNE shops I was instructed to request EXTRA ketchup when placing the order at the drive thru and the walk in. The walk in gave the option of the order taker telling me where the ketchup was located or adding it to the order in the form of packets and printing the request on the receipt if the location did not have a condiment area.
The drive thru stated to request at the time of placing the order. The report asked when the ketchup was requested at the drive thru. The receipt not having the request for the extra ketchup printed on it generated an in depth explanation of when it was requested and who accepted and restated the request and if in fact the ketchup packets were received.
One out of the four lunch/dinner shops did not have this request printed on the receipt and I was contacted for further info.
This was the first time after numerous years of doing McD's the CPI's had these specific requests on them. The requests were under SPECIAL instructions for my shops.
I hope this clears up and all confusion I unnecessarily caused or future speculation.

MF always tell us to read the instructions for each and every shop.
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2012 :  6:24:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Interesting. I always thought the monthly requirements for that client were nationwide things, but that was not part of my job requirements for the two I did last month. Thanks for the clarification.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums