Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Market Force Information, Inc. (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2012 :  9:26:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
FayEF, I agree with Sandi, that was nothing in my guideline like what you posted. It was a simple, ask for ketchup.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
468 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2012 :  9:31:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm in Tennessee and Ive not had that show up on the CPI. It just said in my paperwork to ask for ketchup. I've never been question if it didn't show on receipt, though.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

KateAnn63
Apprentice

Grand Junction, CO
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2012 :  12:01:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
On another note - has anyone seen the red and white gas station audits appear again? There was a quarterly audit period for these that ran from March to June, and I was hoping to see them reappear in early July - not yet for me.

I'm wondering if I did too many last quarter and now I'm out of rotation.
Go to Top of Page

JenniferML
Valued Contributor

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2012 :  12:23:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a lunch shop scheduled with MF Client A. Scheduler just called and begged me to take a lunch shop with Client B on the same day. I said I thought that wasn't allowed. The scheduler insisted it would be fine because it was for different clients.

I'm dubious and declined the offer. Any thoughts?
Go to Top of Page

BCheatam
Star Contributor

IN
USA
290 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2012 :  12:41:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's fine. Their posted rule states no more than 4 shops of any kind per day. You can do one each meal period for the same client. Great company-you can trust the scheduler.

Silver Certified Mystery Shopper & Auditor in Central and Southern Indiana.
Go to Top of Page

Barbara N.CA
Star Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
2397 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2012 :  3:02:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is OK to do one lunch shop each for two different clients on the same day for MFI unless you can cite a specific instruction prohibiting it. I have performed more than one dining shop for MFI on the same day and for the same meal period on multiple occasions and never got in trouble for doing so.

Barbara
MSPA Gold Shopper since June, 2003.
MSPA 2005 "Go To" Shopper
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2012 :  3:44:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Some of the guidelines and screening questions say you can only do one food job per meal time, which sounds like, um, only one one food job per meal. Like others, I have also been told by two different schedulers (including one who wasn't even trying to get me to take a second one) that it is ok as long as it is different clients. You just cannot do two of the same client during the same meal period. It seems like tricky wording to me, but it seems you would have been fine.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

BigMikeyP
Star Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
336 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2012 :  3:53:03 PM  Visit BigMikeyP's Homepage  Send BigMikeyP an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barbara N.CA

It is OK to do one lunch shop each for two different clients on the same day for MFI unless you can cite a specific instruction prohibiting it. I have performed more than one dining shop for MFI on the same day and for the same meal period on multiple occasions and never got in trouble for doing so.

Couple of years ago I did a FF shop and then a coffee shop in the same period (early evening)...was told that was OK to do (especially since one was a specific time frame, the other I could do all day).

Silver-certified Mystery Shopper covering the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana areas.
Go to Top of Page

RobinC

Lexington, KY
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2012 :  6:12:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Frustrated and venting - why can't "A" ever talk to "B"???? I had two merchandising shops (purple side) scheduled last week, but had emergency surgery. I sent a message to the helpdesk telling them this, that I still would complete the tasks, but it would take me a few extra days before I could go. The helpdesk was fine with it, and I would do them the first of the following week. Then I received a phone call at 9:51 PM (isn't that a little too late to have a scheduler call????) The message was that if I did not have the jobs completed by 8:00 am the next morning (really?), then they would cancel them. The next morning, they were canceled. Is there a reason the scheduler and helpdesk can't communicate? Why call the helpdesk if it doesn't matter?

Robin
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping Lexington and Central Kentucky
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2012 :  6:42:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Robin,
Possibly the program closed out, and it had nothing to do with your emergency.
I've been duped (read: cheated) more than once by driving, according to the scheduler's or help desk's instructions, a distance and completing jobs, only to return home to find the assignment gone! No report, no pay. No one cared.

As always with this company, Get It In Writing.
Go to Top of Page

BigMikeyP
Star Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
336 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2012 :  06:09:08 AM  Visit BigMikeyP's Homepage  Send BigMikeyP an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone else having problems trying to get into the website this morning? I've got a shop today and am trying to print everything out and I can't get to the sign in page (error 303 or something similar).

They might have had some bad weather last night like we did here in Chicago.....

Silver-certified Mystery Shopper covering the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana areas.
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2012 :  06:26:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In my Mid-Atlantic area, their really big grocery client has some shops turning up thru a scheduling service, at $2 less than before. I am not biting! First MF outsources to overseas firms that do not hire people whose English can be understood, now they schedule in US and reduce the reimbursement for the exact same assignments. Not me!

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

Iron Chef Toni
Star Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
456 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  07:40:45 AM  Send Iron Chef Toni an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
When did they start outsourcing? MF just became one of my ten foot pole companies then. I lost my full time job several years ago and was replaced by an outsourced company. So as a matter of principal, I try to avoid doing business with companies that outsource.

My hips will thank me later for the lack of tater tots in my diet!

Toni
Gold certified in N. Texas
Now doing Merchandising!
Go to Top of Page

JLovas

Kearny, NJ
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2012 :  09:01:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else had a problem with their report not going through. I received an e-mail this AM stating that I was overdue. On 8/8, I put in my report but they did not receive it. I had checked when I submitted my report that both the receipts and CPI were on the status page. It turns out that they had a IT problem, as by CPI had the submitted time on it. My report just needed to be submitted and the receipts uploaded again.

Judith
Go to Top of Page

VickyS

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2012 :  09:04:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Have movie theater assignments all but gone away? Or, have I been blocked? Please help, my bank account thanks you!

VickyS
Go to Top of Page

NicLinBlue

BC
Canada
33 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2012 :  12:57:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone else having problems getting into MarketForce's website tonight?

Linda
Go to Top of Page

BigMikeyP
Star Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
336 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2012 :  08:02:18 AM  Visit BigMikeyP's Homepage  Send BigMikeyP an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NicLinBlue

Is anyone else having problems getting into MarketForce's website tonight?

Oh so it was not only me then....I got the first couple pages through my shop then it froze on me. Managed to get it in this morning but then I had problems uploading my receipt.

Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2012 :  08:52:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VickyS

Have movie theater assignments all but gone away? Or, have I been blocked? Please help, my bank account thanks you!

In my area, I was permanently assigned to the theater near me. I get assigned weeks in advance. I would call and talk to a scheduler. Some times they're very forthcoming with information!

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
468 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2012 :  9:53:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I still get a lot of trailer checks in my area. They usually come up onto the job board a couple of weeks out, though.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

DarkWingDave

Bremerton, WA
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2012 :  12:44:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dar-L

As always with this company, Get It In Writing.

How do you do that? Can the schedulers change the CPI to reflect discussed terms or do you have them send an email?

Dave
Silver certified shopping WA and OR.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums