Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Market Force Information, Inc. (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2012 :  07:29:45 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
When the scheduler calls ask them for a confirmation email. I always get a confirmation email prior to doing a job that is out of the normal for any reason.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2012 :  3:23:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Normally at the end of the month, I get various mass emails from MF, offering nice bonuses. Today, I get an email from them for a merchandising job NOT a mystery shopping assignment. Yet their website does not show the bonus amount, it is still reflecting the regular pay amount. How do you apply for these shops AND have the bonus amount reflect on the paperwork, before accepting the assignment?

Also, how is their speed of pay nowadays? Are they paying in a timely manner? The last time I worked for them, about a year ago, it took me about 6 weeks to get paid, but I was okay with that, since it fell within their payment guides of the shop.

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2012 :  6:02:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Was the offer from the blue side or purple side? If purple side, keep that email because that's the only record there will be.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2012 :  2:45:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sandi G

Was the offer from the blue side or purple side? If purple side, keep that email because that's the only record there will be.

Sandi, it was on the purple side. Based on what you shared, will do. Thank you very much :-)

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Netti
Valued Contributor

Hudson, FL
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2012 :  8:04:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In response to Cilla and Iron Chief Toni:
I logged on tonite to vent, just because I am still growling from my telephone experience today. Someone called about a follow up (what, I haven't done the job yet) and wanted to read the instructions to me. ( Cough, Cough, I'm a college graduate, I know how to read instructions). She spoke very fast and had a total different dialect which I could not comprehend. I asked her to slow down, that I was having a hard time understanding her. She began to re-read her script. I told her that I had just logged into the web site and I was at the beginning of reading the instructions. She stopped and began the script all over. I again repeated that I was already reading the instructions. Then, I asked her where she was located and she said in the Phillipines. She interrupted me and you know....began the script again.

I finally hollered at her. I said, DON'T YOU LISTEN ! I was past the point of frustration. It was like talking to the proverbial brick wall.

I called corporate and told them that I do not want this person calling my home again. I also was blatant enough to ask, why don't you hire Americans to make these phone calls. He was evasive in his response, something like.......they can't find Americans who want to do them. I told him that I'll sit at home and make the calls, if you want. Well, that was the end of that discussion.

As long as they save a buck by outsourcing, they could care less how these idiots communicate with us.

I'm done venting.

Silver Shopper - West Coast Florida
Go to Top of Page

Jenny

Boston, MA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2012 :  08:49:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just accepted my first casual dining assignment from MF (sit in dining room, not the bar). Any tips are appreciated. Obviously, I will report exactly as my experience happens (positives and negatives) but I'm interested to hear if there are "unwritten" areas that MF likes to hear more/less detail about, similar to how Coyle is interested in ETT, opening remarks, etc. Thanks in advance!
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2012 :  4:10:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not sure which shop you are referring to, but based upon my experience and in general, Market Force requires little or no narratives for their meal assignments. They primarily will have a series of questions about times, who served you, cleanliness, etc with multiple choice answers or simple fill ins. Sometimes, at the end there is a question or two about what you enjoyed or what needs improvement. It is definitely not a detailed narrative of your entire experience. I have always found the reports to be easy and simple to complete.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

Kevin E

Green Bay, WI
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2012 :  4:24:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Picking up a few more shops than usual now that summer is over, I responded to an email from Marketforce (Blue) and assigned myself a casual dining shop. When I submitted the CPI, I noticed that the bonus was not there. I emailed the helpdesk, and was very pleasantly surprised to get a response over the weekend from them. She went above and beyond the call, researching the issue over the weekend and rectifying it to my complete and total satisfaction.

Kevin
Go to Top of Page

ShopperShel

Round Lake, IL
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2012 :  1:20:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm quite pissed off right now, this past weekend MF put up a note saying it was Shopper Appreciation weekend, and if we self-assigned any shops this weekend to email the help desk and they'd add a $2 bonus to the shop. Well, I did that. I see now that they amended their original offer to be for shops that were self assigned and COMPLETED this weekend. So now that nullifies the bonus on the two shops I took since my shops are this week.

This is totally not fair as part of why I took the shops was for the bonus. They can't change the rules after the game started!

ShopperShel - Gold Certified and shopping all over the Chicago/Milwaukee Metro area!
Go to Top of Page

JonK
Contributor

AL
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2012 :  12:08:30 PM  Visit JonK's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
ShopperShel,

Just email them. They did that to me and after I emailed them they added the bonus to the shops I picked up for after the weekend.

Jon
Shopping all of Alabama, Mississippi, Florida panhandle, most of Tennessee, western Georgia and anywhere else where there's opportunity!
Go to Top of Page

KarenS
Valued Contributor

Arizona
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2012 :  12:33:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I concur with Jon. I would just email the HelpDesk and make your case. They're usually reasonable and fair. Always remember that you are an independent contractor. Market Force made an offer that you accepted. If they decide to change the terms you have the right to renegotiate or even refuse.

I do this all the time when their instructions turn out to be much more complicated than implied or if the required purchase is not covered by the offered reimbursement. As far as I can tell it hasn't hurt me. It's just business as usual.

Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

Dagny

San Diego, CA
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2012 :  01:31:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ShopperShel

...I see now that they amended their original offer to be for shops that were self assigned and COMPLETED this weekend. So now that nullifies the bonus on the two shops I took since my shops are this week.

This is totally not fair as part of why I took the shops was for the bonus. They can't change the rules after the game started!

I didn't realize they had amended that; I figured I had misread it. I thought it was a pretty restrictive bonus given how few shops they post that one can assign and do the same weekend. I mean unless I wanted to do the fast food drive-in and walk-up deal, which always seem to be available, but I don't. I was going to cancel the shop I scheduled that weekend to do in two weeks hence, so now I'm glad I didn't. I'll email them and see what they say.

-dd
Go to Top of Page

ShopperShel

Round Lake, IL
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2012 :  04:52:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JonK

ShopperShel,

Just email them. They did that to me and after I emailed them they added the bonus to the shops I picked up for after the weekend.

I did that. And I was basically told to go pound sand. I DID email them, as instructed, when I assigned the shops originally and I have my sent emails with the time on them. When I emailed them about how they changed the rules and asked that they still honor the $2 bonus, the useless help desk has sent me rude emails telling me to get over it, I'm not getting the bonus, and I didn't assign the shops until AFTER they changed the rules, which is BS.

I am so mad about this...yes, I am aware it's $4. It's not about the money, it's about MarketForce yet again screwing over their shoppers.

ShopperShel - Gold Certified and shopping all over the Chicago/Milwaukee Metro area!
Go to Top of Page

ShopperShel

Round Lake, IL
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2012 :  06:58:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
UPDATE! After sending an email to the CEO of Market Force, I got a reply back from the help desk saying they were going to add the $2 bonus to the two shops after all.

Sometimes it does pay to complain all the way to the top. I wasn't going to let this go so I am glad MF did the right thing and honored what they offered.

Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2012 :  6:09:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
so I am interested for future reference. What is this CEO email address? Or, how do I find it? Inquiring minds want to know!
Go to Top of Page

ShopperShel

Round Lake, IL
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2012 :  6:37:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I found his name, and guessed at what the email address would be. Hit it on the 2nd attempt.

Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2012 :  7:07:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not a very forthcoming answer but I don't want to start a debate/problem/issue.
I am glad that it was resolved for you. What I do is VERY CAREFULLY chose assignments for this company. So far...I have been okay. If in doubt, I don't take the assignment. I don't have the time, etc to fight for extra bucks.

Go to Top of Page

MatthewinDE
Valued Contributor

Wilmington, DE
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2012 :  8:33:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Laura,

You can find the leadership here: https://www.marketforce.com/leadership-team/

I did some quick research and it looks like the email are first initial and then last name. So Sam Shopper would be sshopper@marketforce.com .

Matthew
Shopping in DE
Go to Top of Page

ShopperShel

Round Lake, IL
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2012 :  04:49:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wasn't sure if it was allowed to post the email address, so I didn't want to do it...but someone else answered and the answer is correct...

Go to Top of Page

Sally Farrington

Hathaway Pines, CA
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2012 :  5:53:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
After 4 days of hell trying to download between 11-15 photos for 2 service station compliance audits. I got the data reported with no problems and on a timely basis. I hit the wall, after countless hours, over the next three days trying to download some twenty odd photos that were to be integrated with the data reports.
I sent eight emails to their help desk over the period of three days. I had my computer guy come check out my computer (big, brand new w/high speed cable) and tried to download the MF photos for three days! The website kept freezing when a photo was 60-75% complete. Previously on similar MF reports, I've had few problems. (I download a minimum of 200 per month for the retail merchandising job I have, so I'm not 'clueless' here!) It was a nightmare.

I sent 8 emails to their support desk. I got 6 'form' responses:
"We apologize that you are having trouble uploading photos to our Shopper Website. At the current time we are not able to duplicate the issue that Shoppers are having uploading photos to our website, but our IT department is working to find the problem and resolve it.
Until we are able to resolve this issue, you may e-mail us your photos as an attachment to the e-mail at pictures@marketforce.com . PLEASE include your Shopper ID and Assignment ID numbers!"

This is getting way too long... At any rate, I just got notified that my shop (which was at a nice bonus rate) had been invalidated due to the problems.

I am a retired legal asst. of 16 yrs. I have been shopping for over 5 years.
I do this work because I need and money and I enjoy the work. Most recently, I stopped doing the MF shops on the board and do only the ones they call me with since their normal rates are too low. These last 2 assignments cost me a huge amount of stress and time...not to mention the expense of printing out 30 pages in color for the guidelines, instructions and CPI, etc.

Now I am questioning the wisdom of continuing to work for a company where they don't value effort, dedication and good work..

Sally Farrington
Sally's World

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums