Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Market Force Information, Inc. (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2012 :  05:47:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sally,
I would call and insist on speaking with the scheduler and/or the manager for that project, and ask that the shop be accepted. Emailing pix today should work, since the would otherwise have to reassign and wait a longer time for a completed shop.

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

Sally Farrington

Hathaway Pines, CA
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2012 :  06:45:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cilla, thank you for your feedback. I have received 3 more emails from them nick picking minute details. At this point, I refuse to spend any more time on this issue. The monetary compensation is the least of my worries and I will probably not do any more work for them as a result. They did, however, get me started in merchandising where I am a successful field rep now with 2 companies that really value my efforts. Years ago MF took over the MSP I was employed with as staff. They purchased it and shut it down therefore eliminating 25 jobs in our very small community. I should have guessed that this was one of those large corporations that clearly don't give a damn for the 'little people'. So for me, it's onward and upward! Lesson learned. Thanks again!

Sally Farrington
Sally's World

Go to Top of Page

LeeR

Phoenix, Arizona
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2012 :  7:46:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How does this compnay getting away with paying what they pay.
They offered me something that was going to pay me $5.00

Are people really that desperate?
Go to Top of Page

Sally Farrington

Hathaway Pines, CA
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2012 :  06:30:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In the very beginning of my mystery shopping, I did a lot of jobs for them to get established. Later, I decided not to do the low paying shops and they began to call me with higher paying assignments. My guess is that they get these lower paying jobs done by beginners to lessen their cost. Apparently, this works for them, but as I began to run the numbers, it was still not that equitable, as the time to input the shops was very long and tedious. The printing costs of the compliance assignments alone were abhorrent since the guidelines/instructions change frequently, requiring reprinting of 30-40 pages in color. With that and the time factor of reporting it was still barely worth it. Eventually, it paid off for me by getting some minor jobs merchandising with them where I gathered enough experience to get permanent field rep positions in merchandising. NOTE: This is over a period of nearly five years. You really need to be determined and patient to have mystery shopping work. I would not consider doing this again if I was in need of extra money immediately.

Sally Farrington
Sally's World

Go to Top of Page

NikiB

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2012 :  12:49:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anybody completed any of the merchandising PHOTO audits for a major cell phone company? Can you comment on how much time, effort, hassle was involved, both for the on-site visit and the report? How much shopper pay would make it worth it for you? I've done a number of photo audits before and usually they end up being more hassle then they're worth, unless the establishment is in substantial compliance. However, I have not done these cell phone merchandising PHOTO shops before. Any info appreciated. Thanks!!
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2012 :  10:02:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NikiB

Has anybody completed any of the merchandising PHOTO audits for a major cell phone company? Can you comment on how much time, effort, hassle was involved, both for the on-site visit and the report?

I did some a few years ago and found them to take about twice the time I thought reasonable for the pay. I don't know if it is the "same job, different day" or if it has been revamped. As the prices are starting to rise on the ones around here, I'm hoping someone else will chime in with a recent experience.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

KarenS
Valued Contributor

Arizona
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2012 :  7:43:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up for one those audits just because it was within walking distance of my house. But then once I saw the pages of instructions and the number of photos to manage, I cancelled it. My estimate of pay came out to $3.60 an hour, not counting transportation time and cost.

My conclusion was that taking pictures of ice cream or pizza was easier and paid more! But that's just me; someone else picked up the shop right away.

Go to Top of Page

Lauren75

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2012 :  1:11:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For their supermarket assignments, I have been removed from one or two locations after taking them on quite a bit over a few month period. Do they eventually come back to your self assign page or once they are removed, is it forever?
Go to Top of Page

AndKnapp
Contributor

Valparaiso, Indiana
USA
77 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  10:12:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a really stupid question. Anyways, how the heck are you supposed to tell what youre getting paid for. Its direct deposited but they told me it could take six weeks to pay. Is it listed somewhere on the website what exactly each payment is for and im just missing it?

Angie
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  10:27:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Click on "Payment History" under "Shopper Payment" on the left side of their home page after loggin in and you will see a list of payments. Click on "Details" and there will be a list of exactly what is included in each payment. They do an excellent job with this and it is easy to match your deposit with the shops you have completed for them.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

KristaG

Ankeny, IA
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  9:43:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a problem and need to vent about the Purple side of the portal. Last month a desperate scheduler called and asked me to pick up 2 merchandising assignments for a large bonus. I accepted both and she said she would send me an email confirmation. I never received the emails, but the shops appeared in my log (without showing the bonus - I assumed that was normal for shops that were adjusted, since other companies show up that way sometimes). Anyway, I checked my most recent paycheck, and of course, the pay did not include the bonuses. I have no proof of the conversation, but I know I certainly wouldn't have done the shops at the regular pay rate. I've submitted a payment inquiry but have relatively low expectations from that. Other thoughts? I've had relatively poor luck with communication from them recently with regards to other projects too.
Go to Top of Page

Sally Farrington

Hathaway Pines, CA
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  06:09:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would suggest that you jot down the scheduler's name and request a confirmation email or message with that information on it. After shopping for them for 4 years, I finally deactivated for this (and many other problems) I found myself spending hours trying to resolve these problems making the shops not worth the money. I now shop with over 25 companies for bonus assignments and have not encountered these problems. I now consider my time with MF valuable as a 'starter' company, getting the hang of MS. There is a bigger world out there. What is the cost of stress to you?

Sally Farrington
Sally's World

Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2012 :  7:52:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I keep getting a daily call for the same job. "No, I can't go to do this by the due date. I have plans this weekend." I'm not taking those calls from California any more.

On another note: Is Market Force still doing the discount grocery stores?

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

KristaG

Ankeny, IA
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2012 :  10:05:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
As luck would have it, a scheduler called me yesterday to ask if I could do another job. She was the same one who had recently scheduled me for another shop for which the bonus was not showing up. She was very polite and was able to get the compensation amount changed to the amount we had agreed upon. She gave me the phone number to contact about the other ones that weren't paid the correct amount.

As for the discount grocery stores, I don't know where you live, but they are still shopped in my area.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2012 :  3:17:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SandiA

On another note: Is Market Force still doing the discount grocery stores?

Are you referring to the 4 letter word where they do not refrigerate the produce? They are usually every 3 months around here. I am patiently waiting for the January round. I always buy garbage bags, toilet paper, freezer bags, paper towels etc.
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2012 :  8:44:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did two of the German based discount grocery stores in November. I thought they were shopped monthly or every 2 months.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2012 :  10:07:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Those are the stores I was asking about! What are they paying these days? I haven't done one in years. What are the reports like now compared to 8 to 10 years ago?

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2012 :  5:32:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The pay is the same as before, but the report have gotten a lot easier the last 2-3 years.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Rene-R
Valued Contributor

Phoenix, AZ
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2012 :  9:15:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sally Farrington

After 4 days of hell trying to download between 11-15 photos for 2 service station compliance audits. I got the data reported with no problems and on a timely basis. I hit the wall, after countless hours, over the next three days trying to download some twenty odd photos that were to be integrated with the data reports.
I sent eight emails to their help desk over the period of three days....

These last 2 assignments cost me a huge amount of stress and time...not to mention the expense of printing out 30 pages in color for the guidelines, instructions and CPI, etc.

Now I am questioning the wisdom of continuing to work for a company where they don't value effort, dedication and good work..

MFI/CFA just canceled 2 audits I did (3-4 hours of time and THREE 40-min round trips) bc they weren't able to pull my reports out of THEIR system properly. No, they didn't pay me for doing the work even though they had a technical issue. They docked ME bc of a known issue (they said it had happened to a bunch of shoppers, but didn't know why). Now I see no shops in my recent history, so I can only assume that I am out the fee plus the childcare I paid for while I was doing a rush shop for them.

They also stiffed me in the past on a $30 behind-security airport shop, bc the store didn't sell the items I was there to check. HOW is that my problem? I spent a long time trying to figure it out & reach someone at MFI for help. I even provided them with photographic proof. Wouldn't this still be relevant info to the franchise owner, that they aren't carrying the most popular items?

I should have been paid on both of these occasions. VERY unscrupulous. I will warn any shopper who asks me about this MSC.

Gold shopping metro Phoenix & airports everywhere, since 2005. ~ Have Video equipment, will travel!
Go to Top of Page

Sally Farrington

Hathaway Pines, CA
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2012 :  11:23:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Join the club, I guess. But I'm not a 'member' any more since I deactivated. I can feel your pain and just know that you are worth more than being subjected to that kind of abuse and for such little money! It seems like they are in the back ages of technology and 'customer service',(which is kinda funny as a mystery shopping company!) They will continue, however, by utilizing and burning out newbies. Take it in stride as a lesson learned. Resentment can eat away at you. Try looking at doing merchandising. I am enjoying it immensely and making much better money.

Sally Farrington
Sally's World

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums