Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Market Force Information, Inc. (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

MariaPec
Valued Contributor

PA
USA
183 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2012 :  12:13:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also stopped shopping for them, but I really wish I had some way of letting their clients know how skewed the data are that MF is providing. I think the clients should know that negative reporters somehow get weeded out, so MF is only giving them good news.

I know that after a go 'round where I reported cold fries (and kept reporting, through several "clarification" emails, that the fries were cold), I never saw that fast food place on my available shops again. If I were that client, I'd want to know my data were being manipulated.

Maria
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2012 :  09:11:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I make more $$ from MFI doing shops than anyone else. I cannot imagine paying bills without them. I like the variety.
Go to Top of Page

TeriFLA

Winter Park, FL
USA
23 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2012 :  5:34:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I mostly only get shops from one client, the one that only sells hamburgers with a digit in its' name. Have I been blacklisted? How do you know? Does the list of options ever open up?

Also, serious query. Where / what timing device do you guys recommend? I am using an app on my cell, but I need to conceal my efforts better. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Go to Top of Page

Sally Farrington

Hathaway Pines, CA
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2012 :  03:10:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I use iRecord on my iPhone but click on the home button to hide the program in the background of my screen. Since everyone walks around with their phones in hand (reading shopping lists, using the calculator, texting and talking on the phone)it doesn't look out of place!

Sally Farrington
Sally's World

Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2012 :  07:22:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do both...

TeriFla... I use my watch and keep saying the times to myself over and over. When I get my tray, I write the times down immediately. Sometimes I put a stop watch in my pocket. Hope that helps.
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2012 :  09:04:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You cannot use iRecord in Florida if it picks up other voices, due to Florida being a 2 party consent state. I use the timer on my iPhone.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2012 :  09:33:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think everybody finds a way that works for them and that is frequently not the choice of someone else. Personally, I usually use a digital stopwatch timer. It's easy to hit the 'lap' button as I reach to hand over the payment, and the stop is easy to push as I reach to accept the food. My hands appear to just brush each other and it is not at all noticeable. Then again, I've used the stopwatch so many times, I can press the buttons without looking at the watch which helps a great deal for anonymity. When my band broke and I had to use a timer on my phone, I found it much more clunky. Perhaps it depends on the app used, but I did not care for it at all.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2012 :  05:51:46 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TeriFLA

I mostly only get shops from one client, the one that only sells hamburgers with a digit in its' name. Have I been blacklisted? How do you know? Does the list of options ever open up?

After selecting the burger jobs you want to complete in your area, click on "Decline all shops for this project for this phase." Then do a 200 mile search, this should open up new jobs for you in your area.

Note that the jobs will come back on your page once the fees go up or a new round is posted.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2013 :  4:57:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm being denied access to the site! I've been advised to contact the help desk. What do you all think? Have I been permanently cut or is this a glitch because I haven't worked for them in a while? I still work for the purple portal company, I just sign on at their old website. I am at a certain age now.....

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

Sally Farrington

Hathaway Pines, CA
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2013 :  5:53:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
SandiA, No telling with this company....! And about age..I'm 65 and going strong! Been at this for many years, however I have mostly made the switch to merchandising where the money is better, reports easier and the stress in dealing with this sort of company is finally over. I still MS for my favored companies, but never again with MF. Chin up and know your worth. We have a work ethic in our generation and it is highly prized and appreciated in this era (with your favored few companies)!

Sally Farrington
Sally's World

Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2013 :  7:54:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Several people have speculated as to why they cannot get access
anymore. I just don't want this to affect my status with the purple portal, so I'm afraid to ask the help desk what's going on! I can't remember the last time I shopped for them--maybe that's it? I never got a "Nice working with you--don't let the door hit you on the way out" e-mail, so maybe I just need to be jump-started?

SandiA
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2013 :  8:06:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandi,
I worked for both sides, been deactivated by both too many times, still work for purple side.
When the MS side deactivated me the last/final time, I made lots of calls to find out why. As with everyone else, they never told me jack. Didn't seem to affect my purple work.
Wish you better luck with them than I've had!
Go to Top of Page

TeriFLA

Winter Park, FL
USA
23 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2013 :  02:13:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the suggestion, I was afraid to decline a shop. I don't want to get booted altogether. I heard that this company boots or culls shoppers all the time. Thanks for the tip. I only get these shops, nothing else...too funny and annoying.
Go to Top of Page

TeriFLA

Winter Park, FL
USA
23 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2013 :  02:18:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I appreciate your suggestion on the timing device. I do use my cell phone. I found a Mystery Shopper app and it works great. But for one shop that I want to do, I need to conceal my cell. They are on the lookout for shoppers using cells. I was wondering if there is a such a thing as a stop watch for MS's. Just asking. I have learned so much from reading the post on this forum, I thought that I would ask.
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2013 :  3:04:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm curious what the MS app is called, as that would be interesting to see. I'm not sure how a MS stop watch would be any different than other available items used for sports, etc. For the no phone shop, you could always use a recording app. Being in FL, you have to be careful with recordings as we are a 2-party consent state. Since the phone cannot be seen, you could put it in a pocket which would probably not pick up surrounding voices. You could then tap on your pocket or something unnoticeable that will still create a disturbance on your recording and check the times against that later.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

TeriFLA

Winter Park, FL
USA
23 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  8:30:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandi, I found this app, and many, many more on the Google Play store. I have an android phone. It is called Mystery Stopwatch. There is a free version, which works fine. But I wanted to save the info for at least a month. The paid version is less than $4 and it supports the developer too. A female BTW.

For my time in / time out time keeper app I use Chronos. The free app is great, but I wanted to support the developer and can save the data longer. The cost is less than $2.

I tried a lot of options as far as apps are concerned. Even paying for several, only to determine that the two above work best for my MS needs.

A small investment to insure report accuracy. The only thing, I wish the MS app worked using the volume control button on my cell, and not the touch screen. Makes it hard to disguise my actions.

I can talk to someone and depress a button at the same time without being noticed. Talking and looking/ touching a cell screen is rude in the MS settings.

Thus I was looking for an actual old time stopwatch recommendation. For those times when the quick serve line moves so fast, that you need to have a hand in the pocket and eyes on the order taker. Any ideas???

Go to Top of Page

TeriFLA

Winter Park, FL
USA
23 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  8:37:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Pam, Huge Thank You! Your suggestion worked. I still received the hamburger with the digit in it's name shops.(Not to be confused with the Golden M) But at a much higher fee. Along with a variety of other shops, cell, tire, beauty, retail. Thanks for the suggestion. It worked!!!!
Go to Top of Page

SusanToonces
Valued Contributor

Queens, NY
USA
167 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2013 :  06:27:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do they still do the golden arches shops? I haven't seen any in NY for ages. Couple in Jersey, but absolutely none in NY.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

TeriFLA

Winter Park, FL
USA
23 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2013 :  07:35:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
MF still does the Golden M's shops here in FLA. I haven't seen any so far this year. But I was not getting much more than one quick serve shop anyway. So I don't read too much into that.

I would love to do these shops IF you could actually order something that you wanted to eat. Like a salad or something. I don't like the limited selection on the approved menus.
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2013 :  09:31:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Okay, so I just noticed that my permanent assignment on the purple side is gone! I sent a message to the help desk and have been trying to call this morning, but there's no answer. Are they working today?
Does this have anything to do with the fact that I can't log in to MF?

Also, do they do any barbeque restaurants? I sent a comment to one and got a reply from ___________@marketforce.com .

SandiA
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums