Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Market Force Information, Inc. (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

JKBeaty21
Apprentice

Cookeville, TN
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2013 :  7:27:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SusanToonces

Do they still do the golden arches shops? I haven't seen any in NY for ages. Couple in Jersey, but absolutely none in NY.

I just did a search for NY and found some of the fast food shops you referred to in NY.

Jonathan
Go to Top of Page

CallieA
Trainee

St. Louis, MO
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2013 :  06:26:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've just found out that I'm the latest victim of the infamous Market Force black list! I've done hundreds of shops for them and suddenly saw no more of my favorite shop - the burger place that isn't the golden arches.

When I e-mailed the Help Desk, I received a reply saying that I was no longer eligible for my favorite shops due to "Shopper Quality Standards." Of course, they won't share any specific information about what "quality standards" I've violated.

I know I shouldn't take this personally, but I'm absolutely furious that they won't explain what I've done to earn this. I've always submitted honest, well written reports, so I don't feel like this is deserved.

Has anyone been able to successfully get an answer about this kind of thing? I'm so angry!
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2013 :  07:03:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are above giving reasons for dismissal. You simply must accept you are no longer one of the group. It happens to everyone sooner or later.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2013 :  08:07:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was kicked off that FF w/peanuts shop long ago. I believe it's an issue with maxing out the number of shops for that particular restaurant. Move on and don't stress over it, as long as you are still able to do their other shops.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2013 :  7:38:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Callie,
MF claims to have a 'secret formula' for guaranteeing their clients an accurate cross-section of the clients' target customers. Mf seems to guard this 'secret formula' carefully.

Forget it. Move on.
Go to Top of Page

TeriFLA

Winter Park, FL
USA
23 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2013 :  12:14:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone ever activated the mastercard debit card with the check cashing company that can be used for shops? If so, what happens when you load money as part of a shop, then use the card? Are you charged the $2 or $1 per transaction fee?

Seems kinda crazy to load a card as part of a job, then get charged to use the money. From what I understand you can withdraw money at the check cashing location, but only if you have $300 in direct deposits on your card???

Any info or actual experiences with this card are welcome and would be very helpful.
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2013 :  6:17:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Teri, be careful and read the fine prints. I believe there might be a monthly fee, if you don't cancel the card.

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

IMSC
Independent Mystery Shoppers Conference

Las Vegas, NV
USA
330 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2013 :  8:34:27 PM  Visit IMSC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is posted on the blue portal when you log in. Please send your stories to them.

We want your story!

Do you have an interesting anecdote or story to share with us concerning any of your mystery shopping assignments?
Can you explain how being a mystery shopper has impacted you?
What are some things a mystery shopping company can do for you to make your job easier and successful?

Market Force is sending one of its Directors to speak before a group of mystery shoppers in the Spring and he would like to share your stories with them. If you have any stories you would like to share with us, please write to Helpdesk@marketforce.com.

Thank you for being part of the Market Force family!

Independent Mystery Shoppers' Coalition
http://imscinfo.com
Email: info@imscinfo.com
424-235-IMSC (4672)
Go to Top of Page

TeriFLA

Winter Park, FL
USA
23 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2013 :  9:19:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks, good idea. I think the fee is something you sign up for, and you pay per transaction without it...not sure. I will find out for sure. I can't afford to lose money. lol Who can?
Go to Top of Page

KarenMSW
Valued Contributor

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  7:17:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TeriFLA

Has anyone ever activated the mastercard debit card with the check cashing company that can be used for shops? If so, what happens when you load money as part of a shop, then use the card? Are you charged the $2 or $1 per transaction fee?

Seems kinda crazy to load a card as part of a job, then get charged to use the money. From what I understand you can withdraw money at the check cashing location, but only if you have $300 in direct deposits on your card???

Any info or actual experiences with this card are welcome and would be very helpful.

The business writer in the Detroit Free Press (I think it was Susan Tompor) wrote a column today comparing all of the cards available from each of the tax prep services. You can go to www.freep.com and search for it - it may answer your questions.

Karen
Go to Top of Page

TeriFLA

Winter Park, FL
USA
23 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  7:25:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello Market Force MS's. I have a question. I just logged on to my account to submit my report for today. The button to select new shops was missing.

Has anyone had this happen to them? I just received a letter of congratulations for my 250th shop.

I have never spoken to anyone in person ever, I started with MF in August of last year.

Any ideas? I can still see the other shops that I selected for myself for the balance of this month and next.

What is up? Anyone know? I really need the few extra dollars that this brings in each month.
Go to Top of Page

TeriFLA

Winter Park, FL
USA
23 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  9:20:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think that I have been dismissed. I have pending shops, and seem to be able to print the paperwork.

I have been dealing with a dying parent these last four weeks. My Dad's funeral was on Friday of last week. I had to reschedule a lot of shops. The last being for a FF shop that the office rescheduled on a day that I had a FF shop in the same time frame in a different town????

So, I rescheduled. Now I am OUT as a shopper. Geeze, this really feels bad. I lost my Dad, my Mom dies several years ago. I am devastated, and now this?

Or maybe it is for some other reason. I read the Shoppers Standards, and seem to think it must be because of reschedule...I don't cancel. I am sick. I mean sick.

I like working for Market Force, and don't work for any other company. I think this is it for me. I just feel such a deep sense of loss over my Dad, this just compounds the sadness.
Go to Top of Page

Bolan747
Valued Contributor

New Albany, IN
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  10:00:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
First of all, my condolences to you, TeriFLA. I think the select shops button is just not always there for some reason. I have found that if I login again, sometimes it miraculously appears again. I think this is their system and not anything you may have done.
Go to Top of Page

TeriFLA

Winter Park, FL
USA
23 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  11:19:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your condolences. This has been very difficult. I have to schedule my shops so far out, that there was no way for me know this would happen.

I could access the button this afternoon, but not this evening. I have logged on over several hours.

I like working for MF. Even though I am offered only a few companies to shop for. The extra money helps out a great deal. And it gives me some much needed "me" time.

I appreciate your insight, I hope that you are correct. Lol. Thanks T
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  07:06:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Please accept my sincere condolences Teri.

As far as the button being gone, yes it means they are deactivating you. However, given your particular circumstances, have you emailed the Help Desk to let them know what happened?

It may take you several back and forth emails with them to get the situation cleared up, so be prepared for it to take a few days before anything comes out of it. You may even have to ask for a supervisor to get involved, because unfortunately, the Help Desk is somewhat immune to excuses, legitimate or not. They hear so many a day that just don't hold up...

But for someone who experienced a real tragedy, they will eventually listen and be reasonable. Remember that they are people, not just computers, and they understand that sometimes, things are out of our control.

Good luck with getting reinstated and stay strong.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

CorrieS
Star Contributor

Briarwood, NY
USA
932 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  10:17:44 AM  Send CorrieS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to send my condolences on your Dad. And I do hope someone at MF will work with you.

Corrie S.
MSPA Silver Certified
shopping NYC & Nassau County... and willing to travel...
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  11:26:02 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Teri, I am so sorry for your loss. I too lost most of my family in a five year period and I know how tough it is. I would definitely send a heart felt message to Market Force telling them what has happened and I would offer a copy of the death certificate.

I know this is not a requirement, but it will let them know with no uncertainty that you are not a flake and you want to continue your working relationship with them.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

TeriFLA

Winter Park, FL
USA
23 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  5:09:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the condolences. My Dad was my Hero. I appreciate your kindness.

I did write to the help desk the same day that I realized that I could not access the assignment select button. After a few hours of attempting to do so.

As of this post, I have not heard back from anyone. I also called and left a message with the MF home office; but still no answer.

I sent a copy of the newspaper obituary link, just to verify the suddenness of the situation. But no one has bothered getting back to me.

I just did a FF shop a few hours ago, and have just finished reporting it. I am so upset, sad, and now angry. Why treat people like this?

At the very least, the support team (or someone) could tell me my employment status with MF. I used to love working for this company.

Thank you again for your kindness. I have never been treated so poorly, after working so hard. Good night.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  8:15:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My condolences Teri.

They dropped me for similar situation. I completed several jobs for them one day, then collapsed before getting home to do reports. Ill, ambulanced to hospital, then I was kept sedated for days of diagnosis. By the time I came to, was far too late to enter reports, I had already been deactivated and jobs removed. No, they didn't care one bit. Calls and emails did not help, they kept saying that I should have had someone else contact them.

Sorry it happened to you. You don't deserve it.

Like others have said, Forget it and move on. Lots of better companies out there to work for.
Go to Top of Page

TeriFLA

Winter Park, FL
USA
23 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  8:48:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dar-L, Thank you so much. My heart is broken, and to think that I never canceled a shop...and they scheduled me two at the same time in different cities on the same day as THEIR reschedule.

I can only assume that they wanted to deactivate me all along. I hope that things are better for you these days. This company is not what I thought. I loved working for them. I loved this job. But too many people have been mistreated.

I am following your advice (and that of the other MF shoppers) and am moving on. God Bless. And again, thank you for taking the time to reply to my desperate post. It means a great deal to me to know that people do care.

Be well. I wish only the best for you. t
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums