Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Market Force Information, Inc. (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  9:45:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your father, and sad that some companies have become so big for their britches that they have lost their humanity. There is unfortunately no way to rush the grieving process, but I hope you can soon remember the good times with your dad rather than the loss.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

TeriFLA

Winter Park, FL
USA
23 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2013 :  7:59:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have good news. I have been given a second chance with MF ... I have been reinstated as of my last login. I received an email this afternoon. Apparently, I have made several errors in my recent reports and MF has concerns about the validity of the information I submit to their clients.

I wanted to be sure to thank all that have helped me through this event. I never want to be in this position AGAIN> EVER!!!

I am grateful for the second chance, and for you guys on this forum. You are the best!!! Thank you. I hope to be around for a long time.
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2013 :  8:49:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm curious, did you know about the errors? I wonder if it's true that shoppers are deactivated after 3 errors.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1645 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2013 :  05:58:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TeriFLA

I have good news. I have been given a second chance with MF ... I have been reinstated as of my last login. I received an email this afternoon. Apparently, I have made several errors in my recent reports and MF has concerns about the validity of the information I submit to their clients.

I wanted to be sure to thank all that have helped me through this event. I never want to be in this position AGAIN> EVER!!!

I am grateful for the second chance, and for you guys on this forum. You are the best!!! Thank you. I hope to be around for a long time.

I read this thread and said nothing. I knew they would give you a chance. MFI rocks!!
Go to Top of Page

CallieA
Trainee

St. Louis, MO
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2013 :  06:07:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Teri, I'm just curious - how did you actually reach a human who was willing to listen to you? Whenever I contact Market Force, I get a "form letter" kind of response - I don't feel like they even read what I write to them!

I'm so glad it worked out well for you!

Callie Appelstein
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2013 :  07:28:42 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am glad to hear it Teri!

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2013 :  08:06:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Teri--I'm so happy for you! You really needed some good news! Hang in there--everything will get better.

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2013 :  6:11:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not to sound less than happy for you Teri, but did MF point out the specific errors to you, and did you verify them? Or was this just a trumped up excuse for the way they dropped you?
(They DO read this forum!)
Go to Top of Page

TeriFLA

Winter Park, FL
USA
23 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2013 :  11:44:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
First off. A huge thank you to the members of this forum that have helped me through this horrible time. Thank you. I was at a very low point. Your thoughts and posts mean a great deal to me. More than you will ever know. This forum gave me a way to vent, and organize my thoughts as well as offering me good advice and support.

When I called MF, I called the wrong department, and I left a message. They did call me back, even though they were not able to help me out. They gave me encouragement that I should be reinstated. I was happy to hear a voice on the other end of the line. I have never spoken to anyone from MF before taking this call.

Next I received an email starting off with condolences (which mean a lot to me) then the offer to reinstate me this one time. I have made three or more errors on my reports, so this is it. Which I gladly accept.

I like working for MF. I am sure that I made the mistakes. I have been very distracted lately, and they did go over a few issues with me over the last month. My mind just has not been very focused.

I don't want to find myself in this position again. I realized that I do enjoy this work. I like this portal, the reporting is consistent, the clients are good, national companies. We can set our own schedule, and the pay for me is a second income. Which I count on the few extra bucks.

Hope this helps answer questions. But in short, yes I am sure that I made mistakes...I was offered a chance to be reinstated...I am slowing down, taking each shop as they come up...and hope that I can offer encouragement to a fellow MF shopper if they should need a kind word in the future. Just as you guys have done for me. Thanks again.

Now I will sit back and read posts for a while. Just glad to be back.
Go to Top of Page

JenniferML
Valued Contributor

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  4:46:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was not deactivated but I was removed from the their big "fast casual" client. On the bright side, no more calls offering me a bonus of $2 to go 40 minutes out of my way. On the down side, they had locations near other shops and I liked to do and they paid for parking. So that was nice to combine.

I'm not surprised. I was aware one location was on to me. I also don't like the food enough to eat more than a few bites to make sure it met the standards. I received a "request" a few weeks ago to clarify the stores belief that I didn't eat any of it. (Note, they got a darn good report out of me. Nothing was wrong and I reported it that way. I also have reported other locations with issues so it wasn't that I gave the same report each time.

Oh well... It's probably $30 a month lost in income. I'm sure I'll make it up somewhere else.
Go to Top of Page

TeriFLA

Winter Park, FL
USA
23 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  7:57:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jennifer, I am sorry to hear that you were "deactivated" from the other FF shop. I seem to get only those shops......What other Mystery Shop companies do you work for? Are you allowed to mention them?

I am just curious. Seems this type of work is very fickle. Hope things work out for you. Good luck. t
Go to Top of Page

TraveLiz
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2013 :  06:53:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
First I am sorry for your loss Terri, I know how difficult of a time that can be and trying to juggle work and responsibilities is really difficult. I am glad you were reinstated. You say you enjoy this work and Market Force is the only company you work for. I want to suggest that you look around and add a few companies. I also work for Market Force and would be disappointed to lose out on those shops but there are many companies out there with shops that you might fine enjoyable and profitable. Market Force does have a reputation for dropping shoppers so now might be the time to increase your companies list.

Liz
Go to Top of Page

JenniferML
Valued Contributor

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2013 :  4:29:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TeriFLA

Jennifer, I am sorry to hear that you were "deactivated" from the other FF shop. I seem to get only those shops......What other Mystery Shop companies do you work for? Are you allowed to mention them?

I am just curious. Seems this type of work is very fickle. Hope things work out for you. Good luck. t

I just finished my taxes. I did shops for 30 different companies last year. MF was the #2 company as far as compensation. I'm registered with at least 30 more. The best way to expand your list of companies is to take a look at the list of companies that people have posted about here. Every now and then I'll add another company... It adds up.
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2013 :  9:45:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am trying to figure out my status with the blue side. I worked for them often for several years, mostly the grocery shops. When the fees got too low, I stopped looking for work with them.
All along, I've worked a TON for the purple side with trailers, theater ad audits and covert checks.
One day, I went to log in to the blue side and was advised to contact the help desk. The help desk told me to fill out new paperwork and then I was able to log in again. Within a couple of weeks, my login stopped working. I contacted them last week, but haven't heard back from the help desk yet. I have wondered if my relationship with one side has affected the other side. Any thoughts?

SandiA
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2013 :  9:52:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Beyond work from both sides showing together for 1 1099, I don't think the two sides have much contact with each other. At least, there doesn't appear to be. If you don't hear from help desk by tomorrow evening, I would probably try to email them again or try to call them.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2013 :  10:00:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Agreed, I think they are completely separate other than for tax purposes.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2013 :  09:48:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
At some point in this whole mess, I asked someone on the purple side if the blue side could block me from the purple assignments. I was told pretty adamantly that "They have nothing to do with our database. Our offices aren't even in the same state." Assignments on the purple side have been pretty lean for me, however, and I'm concerned that there is something else going on.

SandiA
Go to Top of Page

BigMikeyP
Star Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
336 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2013 :  09:54:48 AM  Visit BigMikeyP's Homepage  Send BigMikeyP an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SandiA

I am trying to figure out my status with the blue side. I worked for them often for several years, mostly the grocery shops. When the fees got too low, I stopped looking for work with them.
All along, I've worked a TON for the purple side with trailers, theater ad audits and covert checks.
One day, I went to log in to the blue side and was advised to contact the help desk. The help desk told me to fill out new paperwork and then I was able to log in again. Within a couple of weeks, my login stopped working. I contacted them last week, but haven't heard back from the help desk yet. I have wondered if my relationship with one side has affected the other side. Any thoughts?

I only have done a handful of assignments on the purple side...so a couple weeks ago when I wanted to check to see what they had, I could not get in....so I emailed them and turns out because I have not done anything in awhile I was deactivated...so I was put back on and am now getting emails from them again.

I'd email the blue side again asking why the login doesn't work...hopefully you aren't on their "no more shops" list....

Silver-certified Mystery Shopper covering the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana areas.
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2013 :  10:57:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I was deactivated on the blue side for the same reason, but it seemed that it was all taken care of. I would think I'd get the "Dear Jane" letter like everyone else if they don't want me working the blue side anymore--I'll be insulted if I don't!

SandiA
Go to Top of Page

JenGA
Valued Contributor

Kingsburg, CA
USA
157 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2013 :  12:56:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Add me to the deactivated list. Nice that they sent a 1000 shop appreciation email earlier this month, picked up a shop for later today, and had two others scheduled for today. I did reschedule shops (to be done sooner), so this surprises me. I contacted Help Desk by email and phone, so we'll see if anything happens.

Jen
Mystery Shopping in the Central Valley of CA since 2005
Silver Certified since December 2008
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums