Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Market Force Information, Inc. (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

MrsShort

OH
USA
26 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  6:43:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't done shops for MF in a long time, but I see what the above poster meant by taking over for other companies. One of my favorite shops with another company has been taken over by MF - and the reimbursement is half the amount for a little more than the same amount of work. Shopper beware!
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2011 :  07:22:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wonder how they plan to get enough shoppers to do all their shops. I just had them ask for information on some shops. When I replied they kept sending it back. Finally got a message that I would no longer be doing shops for that client. They left the two on that were other clints. I can no longer accept shops though apparently. They owe me for over $200.00 for the client I was dropped from. I did about 20-25 shops for them a month. I am waiting to see if I get my check this month.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

MatthewinDE
Valued Contributor

Wilmington, DE
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2011 :  3:12:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I recently did a shop for the blue portal. The location was closed and I submitted the report as such. They reduced my fee because it was a closed location. I have seen places on the purple portal that say that the fee will be reduced if the assignment cannot be completed due to it being closed, but I have never seen it in the blue portal. Doe anybody know if it is written somewhere? I don't feel that it is right for the shop fee to be reduced if it is not in writing. (FYI - it was one of their FF w/ two meal purchases required.)

Matthew
Shopping in DE
Go to Top of Page

Avery
Valued Contributor

Salida, Colorado
USA
180 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2011 :  10:27:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just this year became a shopper for "Tell Us about Us," apparently just before they were acquired by MF.

I was looking forward to doing one of TUAU's restaurant shops every 90 days, but, they seem to have disappeared, and not shown up on MF as far as I can tell.

Have anyone seen the "Greek" mystery shops anywhere since TUAU vanished?
Go to Top of Page

JenniferML
Valued Contributor

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2011 :  8:07:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Argh...

Website is down with two shops for today left to enter. I wonder how understanding they will be.

Setting my alarm for very early tomorrow!
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2011 :  8:42:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's working now.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2011 :  3:52:04 PM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did not know TUAU was bought out. That would explain why I got a call from MF asking me to do a shop from TUAU. you know what they say... BIGGER IS BETTER

Cary
Mystery shopping and Merchandising in Ohio, KY, IN, WV, and More....
Video Certified with Own Camera
Go to Top of Page

Avery
Valued Contributor

Salida, Colorado
USA
180 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2011 :  10:00:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cary in Cincy

I did not know TUAU was bought out. That would explain why I got a call from MF asking me to do a shop from TUAU....
Cary, I got an invitation from MF, asking for me to apply to become a shopper. After completing five pages of a seven-page application, I stopped in disgust. What irritates me about such take-overs is the assumption by the take-over company that the shoppers who were working for the company they bought are not up to par, and need to go through all the hoops of someone just entering the field.

I really liked "Tell Us about Us," and I'm very disappointed that they are their wonderful shops are now either completely gone, or hidden behind the wall that MF has thrown in front of TUAU shoppers.
Go to Top of Page

Hugh S.
Trainee

Texas
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2011 :  11:46:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In my area, south TX, they just began offering chicken wing shops for a ridiculously low fee but OK reimbursement. I have no idea what MSC offered these shops before them, but were they always that low? I can't imagine they were. Definitely not worth it unless they're in walking distance and the report is easy; and even then...?
Go to Top of Page

TraveLiz
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2011 :  12:04:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They last time I did that shop it was for less of a reimbursement - don't remember if there was a fee but not much if so. I did it when I was out and about shopping, needed lunch and I like wings.

Liz
Go to Top of Page

Walter
Contributor

Mesa, AZ
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2011 :  08:39:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My issue with MarketForce is that the simply cannot find/read a fax. No one else on the planet has trouble receiving a fax from me. MarketForce muffs about 50%, then of course blames me.

Walter
Go to Top of Page

KellyNY
Star Contributor

Long Island, New York
USA
630 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  2:16:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Walter

My issue with MarketForce is that the simply cannot find/read a fax. No one else on the planet has trouble receiving a fax from me. MarketForce muffs about 50%, then of course blames me.

I have this problem with another company and it drives me crazy. Luckily, Marketforce allows you to take a picture of your receipts and upload them as a .jpeg instead of faxing. I find it so much easier that way.

Long Island, NY
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Barbara N.CA
Star Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
2397 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  12:08:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did the Greek shops for TUAU and I recently saw one on MFI, so I don't think MFI is hiding the shops from ex-TUAU shoppers. I am seeing much fewer of them on MFI though. I wonder if I'm too slow or if MFI just doesn't schedule as many Greek shops as TUAU did.

I did a wings shop for MFI recently and loved it so much that I self-assigned more. No, I don't do these shops for the fee. I do them for the food and the generous reimbursement.

Barbara
MSPA Gold Shopper since June, 2003.
MSPA 2005 "Go To" Shopper
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  05:25:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Since the Greek shops are now self assign and desirable, I think they are scooped up quickly.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

JustJoan
Contributor

New York, NY
USA
94 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  09:17:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
OMG! Since MFI took over Retail Eyes the reports for the yogurt assignments which used to be so simple with another company are as complex as RE's fine dining reports. The fee might be appropriate when you're getting a wonderful meal for two but not for a cup of yogurt and a report that takes 45 minutes and requires photos. I guess I'll be putting them on my 10 foot pole list.

MSPA Gold Certified
Happily shopping NYC since 2001
Go to Top of Page

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  6:08:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ok i do merch for MF...how do I see what the mystery shops are in my area? Do I have to reapply?

Merchandiser with 2 years experience seeking work in the Longview, Texas area!
Go to Top of Page

MatthewinDE
Valued Contributor

Wilmington, DE
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  6:22:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandy you can go to www.becomeashopper.com/signup.asp?RID344792. That will provide the information that you need to become a shopper.

Matthew
Shopping in DE
Go to Top of Page

HamiltonJackson05

Virginia Beach, VA
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  6:22:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's crazy to think that MF is treating shoppers like this. I've been doing steady shopping with them for the past three months and have had nothing but a great experience with this company.

Hamilton
MSPA Silver certified and wanting to be video certified
Shopping in Hampton Roads
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  12:19:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Check back with us in a year and you might not be shopping for them at all. Remember I got this wonderful letter telling me how great I was a week before was burned. I got my daughter in law in to shopping and they are calling her on the phone to do shops I used to do. Life's just not fair.
M
quote:
Originally posted by HJackson05

It's crazy to think that MF is treating shoppers like this. I've been doing steady shopping with them for the past three months and have had nothing but a great experience with this company.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

NicLinBlue

BC
Canada
33 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2011 :  06:47:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone had problems uploading receipts to Marketforce in the last few months? I have had no problems at all until about a month ago and now none of my receipts will upload. MF tells me that there is no other method of sending them the receipts so I guess I had better get this problem sorted out or I might get kicked to the curb.

Linda
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums