Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Market Force Information, Inc. (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

Kris S

Green Bay, WI
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  06:38:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've seen people talk about the purple portal, how do you get to that portal? I'm a Market Force shopper but have not seen that portal.

Thanks
Kris

Kris
MSPA Silver Certified
Certified Video Shopper
Own PV500
Shopping Wisconsin and where ever shopping takes me
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  07:20:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kris S

I've seen people talk about the purple portal, how do you get to that portal? I'm a Market Force shopper but have not seen that portal.

Thanks
Kris

http://www.marketforce.com/theatre-checker-merchandiser/

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Kris S

Green Bay, WI
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  08:49:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you Connie

Kris
MSPA Silver Certified
Certified Video Shopper
Own PV500
Shopping Wisconsin and where ever shopping takes me
Go to Top of Page

AngelaN
Valued Contributor

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  10:14:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, when you click on the link on that page is dead. So are the other links that say "Apply to be a Theater Checker".
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  3:22:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's working for me. On the theatre checker page, in the first paragraph (not counting the quote) it talks about becoming a CFA. Clicking that takes you to https://www.certifiedfieldassociate.com/Layout_Registration/FieldRegistration.aspx which is the registration page.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

AngelaN
Valued Contributor

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  9:01:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the link, I did not get that when I clicked on it yesterday. Tried it 5x in a row, got a 404 error. No internet problems, all other links were working fine. I think they may have fixed it today since I emailed to ask about it.
Go to Top of Page

AngelaN
Valued Contributor

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  9:55:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ugh. Apparently I am still in the system from nearly 20 years ago - but - their retrieve password function doesn't work. I am pretty sure I emailed them once before but no reply.
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  10:03:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've only been with them 10 years or so, but what I was assigned was an 8-digit number. The first four were the last four of my phone number, and the second four were the last four of my social. Give that a try? Assuming you can recall what phone you were using 20 years ago.

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

AngelaN
Valued Contributor

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2013 :  08:06:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandi
They figured it out for me, info was so old it had to be changed.

Now that I am in, I am pretty stumped. Are they really only paying 8.00 an hour (or less) for all of their jobs ?? I was all ready to jump on some jobs but ... I know how that goes and don't want to end up making 2.00 an hour when things don't go as planned. Am I misreading this somehow ?

Anybody working for them regularly ? Is it worth it or only if you are already in that store for other reasons. This would not even be worth the gas expenditure to get to a location.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1689 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2013 :  3:07:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I see MFI is going to change how to select shops soon. Cool beans!~
Go to Top of Page

KarenMSW
Valued Contributor

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2013 :  5:37:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelaN

Sandi
They figured it out for me, info was so old it had to be changed.

Now that I am in, I am pretty stumped. Are they really only paying 8.00 an hour (or less) for all of their jobs ?? I was all ready to jump on some jobs but ... I know how that goes and don't want to end up making 2.00 an hour when things don't go as planned. Am I misreading this somehow ?

Anybody working for them regularly ? Is it worth it or only if you are already in that store for other reasons. This would not even be worth the gas expenditure to get to a location.

In many cases it is but you need to evaluate the store and the location. I only take specific assignments in specific stores as I know that I can get in and out in a reasonable time, I'm in that area anyway, and I'd rather make a little $$ as a filler (before picking up the kiddo for example) than sit around making nothing. The reports rarely take long and rarely require anything more than data entry. I also find that many of them are places I either would be going anyway or information I need IRL so I get paid to do my research/shopping (I'd be doing it anyway). Most of the time an $8 job takes me 25 minutes max including reporting so that works out to $16/hour. I also know that they pay reliably so I don't have to chase the $$. The few times that they have had an issue the question is asked of me quickly and they have been reasonable to deal with. Yes, I have had 1 or 2 shops rejected but have had a civil conversation with "the powers that be" and either they have reversed their decision or been able to explain to my satisfaction why their position was the better one.

In the end, you have to decide if it makes sense for you but don't just look at the raw $$, look at all the factors involved.

Karen
Go to Top of Page

AngelaN
Valued Contributor

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2013 :  9:36:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Karen

Thanks for that explanation. I just needed to hear that these were not always hour long jobs (unless you are slow or not experienced then they might be)and if you are efficient you can up your rate per hour. This is how I judge most jobs, but not being sure of what they entailed (very little detail given in those job listings)I didn't feel like jumping in whole hog just yet.

I can already see the ones to stay away from, where you have to go into a medical center (assuming it is a POP placement or something) and the pay is only $8. I can envision that one taking most of an hour just to get in the place, then making your way to the office/person you need to see. No thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2013 :  10:11:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I find it generally depends on the project. Some of them really DO take an hour or more, at which point their starting rate is just absurd. Anything involving prepaid phone cards seems to always take even longer than the cap and OT has to be requested. It is definitely a matter of carefully reading the amount of information given and considering the store it is in. However, since they've just sold their general merchandising business to SPAR, they will only have the theatre stuff left anyway. The theatre work is one of the rare sectors I do because I enjoy it, not for the money, since the way my theatre schedules start times means I always end up with embarrassingly paltry pay. However, I can often see most, if not all, of a movie while I wait for the next start time. I just usually have to see it in 20-30 minute spurts.

If the medical ones you mention are job code AHM or some such, those are generally extremely easy. They are usually in pretty small offices and it is about a 10-minute job. If it is close, or if there are several in a small geographic area, those are totally worth it.

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

KarenMSW
Valued Contributor

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2013 :  10:12:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelaN

Karen

Thanks for that explanation. I just needed to hear that these were not always hour long jobs (unless you are slow or not experienced then they might be)and if you are efficient you can up your rate per hour. This is how I judge most jobs, but not being sure of what they entailed (very little detail given in those job listings)I didn't feel like jumping in whole hog just yet.

I can already see the ones to stay away from, where you have to go into a medical center (assuming it is a POP placement or something) and the pay is only $8. I can envision that one taking most of an hour just to get in the place, then making your way to the office/person you need to see. No thanks.

Actually, those are usually the easier ones to do. Most of the time I try to do those earlier in the day and can be in and out in 10 minutes. All you need to do is give the staff your letter, get their name, take your pics and you are out of there (they are too busy to be bothered with you so you can move very quickly). I did many of those in about 10 minutes (reporting takes 5) so my time was even less. Quite honestly, even though their job pay seems low compared to some other MSC's, their jobs IMO are the most straight forward and easiest ones to do. They seem, at least in my area, to be overly generous with their time estimates and many times my time in location is half what they project. I've also gotten to know my area and know which ones are worth the pay and which are not. Try taking one or two of each kind to start and figure out which ones are easiest for you. For me, I'll do photo and pricing audits all day long - no narratives, things are pretty cut and dried (it's either there or it's not), and management seems to be more cooperative as they understand you are just doing your job and not there to "get" them, and I rarely run into surprises so I can plan my day more easily. For others, taking a bunch of photos is not worth it. To each his own!

Karen
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  11:21:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
As with any merchandising company, bundling jobs and transportation are a must for efficiency. Planning is the key.
If one wants to go in a store to work all day, then MF/Certified merchandising is definitely not for them. But if one is capable in routing efficiency, their $8/hr jobs can add up to decent pay.

Once you get to know their jobs and system, you learn how to "work" their system. Pay rates go up when the jobs are unscheduled and near job dates. And once a merch has established himself, rates get negotiable and perm assignments are available.

But alas, all this goes out the window since Spar now controls the company.
Go to Top of Page

AngelaN
Valued Contributor

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  3:15:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
All good information, thanks.

I see they are still listing Theater work as well as audits and merchandising. Is that going to change then ?
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  4:35:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Theater work stays with MFI. Audits and merch work goes to Spar. The Spar stuff will be moving off the MFI website pretty soon.

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1689 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  8:26:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How do you sign up to work for Spar?
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2013 :  10:11:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you were in good standing with CRI, you should have received emails with links to join Spar as an IC.
If you wish to be a Spar employee (not IC) you have to go thru the entire job app process.
Go to Top of Page

TerryCorsello
Contributor

Rochester Hills, Mi
USA
81 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2013 :  05:51:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I loved the theater jobs and then the theater I usually did was dropped. I really miss it. I am not a merchandiser , so I probably won't be doing the Spar jobs.

Silver Certified in Rochester Hills, Mi... I Love audits!! Send me more!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums