Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Market Force Information, Inc. (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2013 :  10:09:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I am in good standing with MF and didn't receive the email to apply to Spar.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2013 :  1:52:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Laura,
I received 2 emails from Certified/MF, then emails to same address from my Spar DM with instructions. All came to my spam folder.
Maybe your spam filter ate them?
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1670 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2013 :  4:31:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I quit Certified twice so I just applied with Spar.

~ ~ ~ I love, love, love the new search for shops on MFI website!!! Sweet!!~
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2013 :  5:00:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Me, too. Finally, I don't have to see the post security airport shops that is not even my hometown's airport.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1670 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2013 :  5:07:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Really! I was seeing about 50 shops for another country. It took forever to load the page. Not anymore!!
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2013 :  9:28:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TerryCorsello

I loved the theater jobs and then the theater I usually did was dropped. I really miss it. I am not a merchandiser , so I probably won't be doing the Spar jobs.

I have been told that they aren't dropped. They just aren't auditing that theater now. Over the years, I've seen theaters come and go, but I really miss mine, too!

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

AngelaN
Valued Contributor

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2013 :  9:26:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done the "bay" audits at the big home center ? They are bonusing prety high in a few locations and still there so I am wondering if this is a nightmare job or something. Only the first hour has a bonus, the others are at rock bottom and it takes several hours to do. Sounds like a possible 10ft pole.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2013 :  7:09:57 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The "bay" audits at the big home center are soon to be available as SPAR jobs in many areas. My SPAR DM put out a broadcasted email asking who was interested in doing them. It listed several locations across her district.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

SheenaC

CT
USA
46 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  1:16:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Apparently I have been kicked out of Market force. About a month ago I noticed no emails from them. I logged on and could not pick up any shops and then I tried to recently log in and I have been restricted. Do they normally just boot people out the system? Oh well

Sheena
Shopping CT
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  1:45:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sheena -
Welcome to the club of people who have been booted out of MF. Yes, that is par for the course. Suddenly you can't accept new shops, but any that might still be assigned to you are expected to be completed. Try asking them why, or play confused and just ask why you can't accept any new shops. I was told "you were either too hard or too easy compared to the average shopper, and our super-duper, top secret system does not permit us to tell you any more than that" - not an exact quote, but close.

Cheer up.It never feels good to be dumped. I have done more work since being dumped by them. BTW, if you need to acquire any records from the MF website, do it right away. Pretty soon, you will loose the ability to even log in.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

Iron Chef Toni
Star Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
460 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  07:40:40 AM  Send Iron Chef Toni an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does turning down their phone calls put me at risk at being dropped by them? Their offshore schedulers keep calling me asking me to pick up fast food drive in shops that 1) don't understand that the shop they are offering is 30 miles away and 2) eating outdoors even if it's only ten minutes in Texas in the summertime is not an option.

I still love doing the loan shops.

Toni
Gold certified in N. Texas
Now doing Merchandising!
Go to Top of Page

SheenaC

CT
USA
46 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  09:00:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Harvey S.

Sheena -
Welcome to the club of people who have been booted out of MF. Yes, that is par for the course. Suddenly you can't accept new shops, but any that might still be assigned to you are expected to be completed. Try asking them why, or play confused and just ask why you can't accept any new shops. I was told "you were either too hard or too easy compared to the average shopper, and our super-duper, top secret system does not permit us to tell you any more than that" - not an exact quote, but close.

Cheer up.It never feels good to be dumped. I have done more work since being dumped by them. BTW, if you need to acquire any records from the MF website, do it right away. Pretty soon, you will loose the ability to even log in.

I feel a lot better! I was just a little shocked.Plenty other companies out there..

Sheena
Shopping CT
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
283 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  1:40:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, welcome to the club of ex-MFers :-P

they are true MFers!!! I'm glad I'm not one anymore.

Anyone else seen their behemoth client now being shopped with other companies (several of them)? I've seen that client being offered by 3 different big companies now. Maybe they couldn't handle the load or are in the process of losing this valuable client. I wish all the bad karma on them I can for the way they treat others. Now it looks like it might be coming full circle!!!

Micah
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  3:26:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The "behemouth" fast food provider regularly changes MS companies. Since 2000, I've done them for 5-6 different companies.
They seem to put out feelers, maybe looking for better rates to get their shops done?
One company I saw just recently, is paying $1 more than we were paid back just after the turn of the century. Same job, same observations, same timings.
Funny, how that fast food company's food prices have increased much more dramatically in the same years!
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
283 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  5:25:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure how they are broken up. However, in Southern California, MF was the only one doing them. Now I see them listed with 3 companies all in So Cal. Not sure if they are trying to "diversify" the project because it is so massive that one company probably cannot maintain that project to the level of expectations desired by the client. Or maybe they want a "different" perspective not realizing shoppers shop for many companies and might get the same shoppers. One company put out a 7 page piece of ppwk for the client and I laughed. I'm thinking who wants to go thru all this nonsense for this pay? The food is not even worth eating especially when you are TOLD what to order. They did not allow salads when I was on it. They also always made it a CASH payment when so many people pay credit/debit now. The entire project seems so narrow-minded. All in all, I'm just happy MF lost some of the business for the way they shaft shoppers. Now let's see them lose more !!!

Micah
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  6:21:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had to go check my records. I know one company does shops for marketing compliance and another one does the customer service shops with the timings. I could only remember doing those CSR shops for one company. Turns out it was with one company in 2002, but the last 10 years have been with same company. Granted that company was bought out by MFI years ago, but still basically the same group. The base fee in 2003 was $1 higher than the starting fee today. Unbelievable. As far as I can tell, it is still only MFI doing them in this region.

I agree, I greatly dislike the cash requirement. I got a call for a last-minute job today and had to go to the bank for cash on the way to the shop. The fee was worth it, though, even if explaining what caused the "delay" on the 21-second transaction was a bit challenging.

I got an invitation to submit my life history with the new company but haven't done it yet - employment history for the past 10 years seems a bit much to shop a FF place - but they do not have any of their test shops available here anyway. Not to mention it seems their pay is even lower than MFI's base rate.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Susan L
Star Contributor

Westchester County, New York
USA
267 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2013 :  12:16:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I noticed that the pay for the fast casual shops has been decreased by almost 15%, from $7 down to $6. There is a notation that the shop would be great for beginners--meaning experienced shoppers would have better sense than to take them now.

These used to be great as "add on" shops, for when you're already in the neighborhood shopping (or otherwise living life) at the required meal time, particularly since the reimbursement does not cover the full cost of the meal required. (I'll admit that since the client added a new smaller size of one of the required menu items a couple of months ago, the reimbursement is closer, but still not complete.) Also, the new shop fee barely covers the cost of transportation to and from the location, which is now $5 round trip on NYC subways.

Susan L.
Go to Top of Page

NinaNY
Contributor

Westchester County, NY
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2013 :  08:40:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
One of the larger "fast food" shops went down a dollar as well, cheerily proclaiming "changed fee" (which they would usually use to indicate that a fee had gone UP, not down).

Nina
Silver & Gold certified. Shopping the Tri-State & wherever else my two wheels take me...
Go to Top of Page

LauraFL

Tampa Bay, FL
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2013 :  1:27:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I noticed the fee decreases in my area, too. One dollar less for their popular fast casual and fast food clients, and one to two dollars less for a wireless retailer.
I'm letting them sit on the board since the pay was already too low before the fee reduction. I hope other shoppers in my area do the same.

Laura
Shopping the Tampa Bay area since 2004
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2013 :  2:06:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm seeing more and more listings for the "popular fast food" inside/outside shops, different locations added, several companies.
Thinking the client is pressuring for lower shop costs (to MSC's)?
If MFI wants to keep the client AND their high profit margin, they MUST cut shopper pay?
Or possibly MF is releasing their hard-to-place locations to other MSC's, avoiding all the bonus pay costs? Maybe even subcontracting to other MSC's?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums