Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Market Force Information, Inc. (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2013 :  3:54:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My favorite wireless retail audits show their fee has been just about cut in half. I like to do those and that stinks.
Go to Top of Page

Crickett
Contributor

Conway, AR
USA
65 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2013 :  11:32:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
With the time it takes, the unhealthy food, and the walk-in AND drive-thru meals at the same time, I think I would make more money if I was loaning the money I spend there at a decent interest rate to someone else.

Crickett
Go to Top of Page

Mindy T.

Sioux City, IA
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2013 :  09:57:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They lowered the pay on the fast food shops but were calling offering bonuses by the first week the jobs were available. They also lowered the pay for the second time on gas station audits in my area. No one is taking them at that price.
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
276 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2013 :  4:24:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did you get the new client email today with the full background check? I wonder if the pay will be minimal on these as well. What a joke!!!

Micah
Go to Top of Page

Linda M
Trainee

Bonney Lake, Washington
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2013 :  3:00:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also just found out I have been booted off of MF. I was called yesterday and offered a shop by them. I tried to go to their website to check it out but I couldn't get on. My account had been suspended. I emailed them to ask why and received a reply stating that I had several quality infractions. When asked for doing what, the response was "We have to worry about client inquires in reference to poor service and quality." I thought that was our primary job. I thought the client wanted to know about any and all service issues and quality. If all they want was good reports, they came to the wrong person. And, if I am booted out why do they call me and offer me shops?

Have a grest day, Linda
Go to Top of Page

Crickett
Contributor

Conway, AR
USA
65 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2013 :  2:02:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Linda, call them up! So far, I like MF, even though am sick of FF shops. They just offered some for $10 for appreciation of our work! I would be royally upset if booted, and you should get them to tell you why you were, on the phone. I have heard of others being booted on here, and it just does not compute. Talk to someone.

Crickett
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2013 :  2:12:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Linda -

Unfortunately, emailing or talking the MF will prove fruitless (at best) or maybe even more frustrating (at worst). I am one of the many who have been dropped. The reality is that it still hurts (no one likes to be rejected), but I make more money now than I did when I was shopping for them. Hang in there.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

BigMikeyP
Star Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
336 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2013 :  2:14:18 PM  Visit BigMikeyP's Homepage  Send BigMikeyP an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't do the FF shops as I don't like going to that particular place too often...and I don't like the idea of doing both inside and drive-thru.

FC shops are different...esp the popular burger ones....those I don't mind doing (although it looks like they lowered the fee?) And the other two FC shops I'll do when they are available as those are easy and fun too (and I love both brands).

quote:
Originally posted by Crickett

Linda, call them up! So far, I like MF, even though am sick of FF shops. They just offered some for $10 for appreciation of our work! I would be royally upset if booted, and you should get them to tell you why you were, on the phone. I have heard of others being booted on here, and it just does not compute. Talk to someone.

Silver-certified Mystery Shopper covering the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana areas.
Go to Top of Page

Crickett
Contributor

Conway, AR
USA
65 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2013 :  10:59:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, this "booted" business bothered me so I called them to ask them why. I have only been doing MS since May, but have done quite a bit of work for MF and find them to be extremely professional, and one of my favorites. They pay correctly and as agreed. They have a wonderful website compared to others that I have seen, and everything you want to see and know, is there. They are VERY communicative, always answer emails and you can usually get hold of who you want to talk to on the phone, the first time you call. I truly enjoy working with them. SO I called to find out what people do to get booted, and why they were not even told why, because I did not want to make the same mistakes.
The answer I got, made sense. First, one usually gets booted for normal stuff like canceling too much, being late too much, making too many grammatical mistakes, or fraudulently filling out reports. I was told that the ONLY time, that they will not tell someone why they were booted, is if the reason, in some way, would reveal some proprietorial information, that they did not want to let out.
I do not know if those booted care, but this is my report. If you need to know who I talked to, I would be happy to send you her name.

Crickett
Go to Top of Page

JenGA
Valued Contributor

Kingsburg, CA
USA
157 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2013 :  11:03:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It does sting to be dropped. I've done as much as I can to get shops done sooner, if not on time, and that also caused a red flag on my account. I thought getting stuff done ahead of when they were due would help, but maybe not so much with the spacing of previous and future shops.

Jen
Mystery Shopping in the Central Valley of CA since 2005
Silver Certified since December 2008
Go to Top of Page

SandyKMac
Contributor

Dallas, TX
USA
60 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2013 :  6:55:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I really love MF and have worked for them for several years. Today, I got an email wishing me a happy birthday. It said that any jobs I accept today would be paid a $2 bonus. I thought that was a good deal so I logged on and guess what? There are no jobs to be had. I emailed them back and their response back was underwhelming to say the least. Oh, well, if it's the thought that counts, I can think about spending the bonuses. It really would have been nice since I lost my full-time job at the same time I broke my leg. I'm finally able to walk and I'm ready to take on some mystery shops.
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2013 :  04:45:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Below is a quote from the email I received when MF dumped me. When I inquired, I was told that they would not even tell me if I was too hard or too easy. Many of us received similar emails. i had about a dozen shops left to do, and they told me that they expected me to complete them, which I did. I was never late (or early), did not make grammatical mistakes (I get high scores from all the other MSC's), and most definitely did not commit fraud (or they wouldn't have had me complete the remaining shops).

"Because quality and accuracy are our number one concerns, when we find Shoppers who have an especially casual or critical approach, as compared to the average Shopper, we may have to remove them as Shoppers or restrict them from certain projects. We need shoppers who are very 'average' consumers - neither those who expect and demand perfection in customer service nor those whose standards are on the opposite end of the scale."

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

BMiddlestead

North Dakota
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2013 :  10:14:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't seen the pizza buffet shop for November as of yet. It is usually posted by now. Has anyone seen it?

Becky
Shopping ND, SD, & MN
Go to Top of Page

Crickett
Contributor

Conway, AR
USA
65 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2013 :  08:45:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nope. I live in a small town, though, and maybe they are not available here.

Crickett
Go to Top of Page

LynnPerley
Valued Contributor

Kernersville, NC
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2013 :  6:44:06 PM  Send LynnPerley an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also got booted from shopping this company after 10 years. I accepted an assignment for a local business. The location was closed because it had been torn down to the ground and was being rebuilt. I reported the closure by e-mail, instead of doing the shop and reporting it closed (big mistake, I thought I was doing the company a favor). They put the exact same location up for another shop immediately after I reported the closure. This was a local location that I knew would be closed for several months. I made a sarcastic comment to them, saying that it was not fair for some other shopper to be able to take the shop and get paid a fee to report a closure, when I had already told them for free that the place was bulldozed to the ground and would be closed for several months. My sarcastic comment caused me to be fired.

Lynn
Shopping the Piedmont Triad, NC Area
MSPA Silver # qhhkk5
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2013 :  08:20:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There is a shop posted that refers to them being 'back' as in returning for another year. It is a financial place, the screening questions completely sound like it is a tax return shop (especially the last question which asks if I am expecting a tax return for this year), the pay for the job sounds like the tax return shops, but it is supposed to be completed beginning of December. Has anyone else seen or accepted one of these shops that could clarify? I honestly have not estimated out my 2013 taxes yet to have any idea if I will be getting a return or not. I still have 2 months to make more money!

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

DonnaPerkins1
Apprentice

Warren, MI
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2013 :  11:38:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just checked the shop you mentioned and it looks to me like a tax refund anticipation loan. I answered the screening question about expecting a refund NO and was disqualified from the shop.
Go to Top of Page

SJones
Star Contributor

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2013 :  05:03:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The booting business could be as simple as a client wanting a fresh crop of shoppers, 'fresh eyes'. Although it would be easier just to block a shopper from a certain clients shops or even a certain location rather than booting them completely. It could be that the bonuses got out of hand. I find myself asking for more even if I have done a location for much less in the past. I would like to make some money off this and not just break even. Bottom line is, it's a business and they can get rid off you at will without explanation. You are free to vent here, too. All part of the deal.

In regards to the closed locations. Most companies need submitted 'closed' shops with the reason, usually from at least two shoppers, sometimes two months in a row. I have never gotten in trouble when I told a scheduler I know the location is closed or switched brands (for gas stations). If the location is temporarily closed, it may show up every month until it is open again.

Susanne
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

Crickett
Contributor

Conway, AR
USA
65 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2013 :  12:21:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I feel so sorry for you, Lynn. It is hard to believe that any company would boot someone after 10 years, for one sarcastic comment. I would have called them back and begged. I just LOOVE this company. It has the best website with the most information--I mean all the payment info and everything. It is so professional and easy to navigate. They pay promptly and always thank you for doing jobs. I have gone way out of my way for them, at times, just to help them out, as they are so great. Somehow I missed a job and was SO scared they would boot me, but they didn't yet. I would feel terrible if they did.

Crickett
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
276 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2013 :  11:34:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Don't worry Crickett. You will be booted soon enough and will be singing a different tune at that point. MF should stand for something other than Market Force. I give them credit for having some of the biggest clients, but they way they treat their shoppers is asinine. They are like Wal-mart that just keeps raking in the $$$ while their employees are scraping to get buy. Ever notice how Costco's business model seems to benefit EVERYONE from the company to the employee to the consumer. Why can't we all win, instead of just one side winning?

Micah
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums