Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Market Force Information, Inc. (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

Rita Collins
Star Contributor

Michiana, MI
USA
518 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2013 :  09:13:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LynnPerley

I also got booted from shopping this company after 10 years. I accepted an assignment for a local business. The location was closed because it had been torn down to the ground and was being rebuilt. I reported the closure by e-mail, instead of doing the shop and reporting it closed (big mistake, I thought I was doing the company a favor). They put the exact same location up for another shop immediately after I reported the closure. This was a local location that I knew would be closed for several months. I made a sarcastic comment to them, saying that it was not fair for some other shopper to be able to take the shop and get paid a fee to report a closure, when I had already told them for free that the place was bulldozed to the ground and would be closed for several months. My sarcastic comment caused me to be fired.

Maybe it was the sarcasm. Or, it could be that you did not follow the instructions. You could have filled out the report AND sent an email that was not sarcastic. You might have been thanked via memail AND paid for the shop. You might still have been able to shop the company. They might have booted you because you sent an unnecessary sarcastic email.

Rita Collins
Shopping Michiana
Go to Top of Page

Crickett
Contributor

Conway, AR
USA
66 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2013 :  10:39:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MicahPage

Don't worry Crickett. You will be booted soon enough and will be singing a different tune at that point. MF should stand for something other than Market Force.

Well, I did get booted from another company, pretty much. They didn't tell me I was booted, but I can't see their job board anymore. They were unreasonable. I did a gas station shop and they said to take a pic of a fuel pump. I did it as it was the first one, and it happened to be a diesel pump. Then they told me it could not have been a diesel pump, and I did not know, the instructions never said, and I refused to go back. They paid me really fast, and I hear nothing from them anymore. Oh well. Sometimes it just ain't easy..

Crickett
Go to Top of Page

Kathy C.
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2013 :  10:38:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
MarketForce severs ties with shoppers for many reasons........sometimes through repeated shopper error/cancellation and sometimes simply because your clock has run out according to internal formulas of longivity.
Go to Top of Page

BigMikeyP
Star Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
336 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2014 :  08:42:00 AM  Visit BigMikeyP's Homepage  Send BigMikeyP an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here it is 2 days before Feb and I've noticed no new shops for the wildly popular fast casual burger place...wonder whats happening

Silver-certified Mystery Shopper covering the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana areas.
Go to Top of Page

LauraFL

Tampa Bay, FL
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2014 :  10:40:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There are tons of the fast casual burger shops available in my area for next month.

Laura
Shopping the Tampa Bay area since 2004
Go to Top of Page

Gary Connelly

Monroe, MI
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2014 :  08:40:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I noticed the same thing about the fast casual shops disappearing, thankfully they all popped back up again.
Go to Top of Page

Kathy C.
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2014 :  12:11:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had a fast/casual shop scheduled for 02/26 as documented by a saved CPI and confirmation e-mail. I received a notice of "past due" on 02/22. I viewed my home page and verified the original date. I subsequently contacted the Help Desk and received a response stating that they tried to contact me via voicemail (not!) with the new date. The new date was swiftly inserted onto my homepage after contacting the Help Desk. The Help Desk asked if I could honor the new date and, of course, I could not. I asked the Help Desk if I would be penalized for their error. Their resonse: "You will likely not be penalized for cancelling this assignment because our records show that you have cancelled few assinments in the past".

What the hey!!!!
Go to Top of Page

EliseSm
Valued Contributor

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2014 :  5:32:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kathy C.

I had a fast/casual shop scheduled for 02/26 as documented by a saved CPI and confirmation e-mail. I received a notice of "past due" on 02/22. I viewed my home page and verified the original date. I subsequently contacted the Help Desk and received a response stating that they tried to contact me via voicemail (not!) with the new date. The new date was swiftly inserted onto my homepage after contacting the Help Desk. The Help Desk asked if I could honor the new date and, of course, I could not. I asked the Help Desk if I would be penalized for their error. Their resonse: "You will likely not be penalized for cancelling this assignment because our records show that you have cancelled few assinments in the past".

What the hey!!!!

That is notable. How could they not give you a polite notice of the date change? Mistakes happen, and someone working internally must have erred. :) I think I would be happy that I wasn't penalized for it! :)
Go to Top of Page

Kathy C.
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2014 :  6:21:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Elise,

"Happy"........not so much. This is still going to go on my record as a simple cancellation as opposed to what really happened. I wished that I had been contacted with the need for a new date but I was not. Instead, I received a disciplinary e-mail for missing a new date that I never contracted for and was not made aware of. Also, no pay.
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
288 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2014 :  10:40:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yeah, it stinks, but you are still able to do work for them. Some of us have been removed entirely. They feel they are "the force" to be reckoned with and treat people like crap. Eventually it will catch up to them.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

Kathy C.
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2014 :  12:02:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A few years ago, shoppers were collectively so incensed about lack of transparency regarding random deactivation, "Help Desk" incompetence and the practice of finding an excuse to eliminate pay at every turn, that shoppers vowed to confront Market Force at the next MSPA Conference. Market Force did reach out to shoppers via. a representative (I think, "Amy") who made efforts with shoppers who complained on this site. All of that faded away just prior to the conference. I think that this would have been a tough "gig" for lone Amy, given the mass amounts of wrong doings that she would have to address.
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2014 :  08:39:53 AM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
From my experience with this company, It is good to just go silent for about 6 months to a year. I got blocked due to a couple cancellations. About a year later I started getting emails again and started doing shops. As with my job, I have had to cancel from time to time, so I just disappear for a few months and wait for some more invitations. I don't think I will ever get 1,000 shops completed with them.

Cary
Mystery shopping and Merchandising in Ohio, KY, IN, WV, and More....
Video Certified with Own Camera
Go to Top of Page

Carmen A

Central, TX
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2014 :  12:03:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Are they outsourcing the scheduling ??
I keep getting calls from a "California" number, but sounds like an overseas call , bad connection, room full of people, and difficult to understand.... It takes multiple calls from them just to get one shop scheduled....quite irritating .
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1689 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2014 :  05:41:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You can try doing without the calls. I get no calls at all. I used to get 6 or 7 calls a day for the same shops...no more. I can self assign now.
Go to Top of Page

Randi H
Star Contributor

Orange, Virginia
USA
931 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2014 :  07:32:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have been outsourcing for awhile. I refuse to answer when that number comes up. The people are rude and could care less about wasting your time on the phone.

On another note, does anyone have complaints about the Samantha system? I have received emails and numerous times replied back to say I can do on this date and not once has one been assigned (no they are not given to another shopper, because the shops sit there for days still).

Randi
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1689 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2014 :  05:37:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had a very strange question from Quality control about a burger joint lunch shop I did. They asked why the timings I had did not match the receipt's for the establishment. I was totally shocked. My reply was to restate the timings I had and I also told them I did not set my watch according to the restaurant. I asked them why they did not question the fast food timings I just had submitted as that would not match either.
Go to Top of Page

RichardS
Contributor

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2014 :  1:28:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MCBarb

I had a very strange question from Quality control about a burger joint lunch shop I did. They asked why the timings I had did not match the receipt's for the establishment. I was totally shocked. My reply was to restate the timings I had and I also told them I did not set my watch according to the restaurant. I asked them why they did not question the fast food timings I just had submitted as that would not match either.

MF does this form time to time. I think it is just to throw the shopper. I had a question asked regarding an establishment's sign. They wanted me to go back and double check the sign. I refused because I drive by the location on a weekly basis and I know what kind of sign they had at this location. It does not match what they typically have at other locations.

Richard
Go to Top of Page

RichardS
Contributor

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2014 :  1:31:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
IS MF becoming cheap with their reimbursements or is it the fault of the MS companies themselves. I have seen a number of MF shops where the reimbursement does not even cover the required purchased. I know of 4 such MS companies on the MF job board where this applies.

Richard
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1689 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2014 :  06:33:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They accepted the shop "in question." I asked them if they expected me to enter the establishment I was supposed to shop, check the time and then do the shop. They said no. I asked if they had a problem with the fast food shop I had just done cuz that time was not the same either but got no reply so I asked for a reply.
Go to Top of Page

Crickett
Contributor

Conway, AR
USA
66 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2014 :  12:11:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am dumbfounded. Of all the companies I have worked with, I like MF the best. I L O V E their website where everything is so easy to find. They have always responded when I called, and only once did I disagree with them, but once I spaced out a job completely and they ignored it, so I felt we were even. Maybe they want to get rid of people who have been doing there shops a long time (I have only done this for a year) but I find them to be exceptional to work with, pay on time with good docs, and very polite to talk to, Amazed at this bad press.

Crickett
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums