Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Market Force Information, Inc. (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

Rita Collins
Star Contributor

Michiana, MI
USA
518 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2014 :  2:14:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Crickett

I am dumbfounded. Of all the companies I have worked with, I like MF the best. I L O V E their website where everything is so easy to find. They have always responded when I called, and only once did I disagree with them, but once I spaced out a job completely and they ignored it, so I felt we were even. Maybe they want to get rid of people who have been doing there shops a long time (I have only done this for a year) but I find them to be exceptional to work with, pay on time with good docs, and very polite to talk to, Amazed at this bad press.

It's because you just started working for them. You are a newbie to them. Work for them for 10-15+ years & you will get annoyed with the phone calls from different areas with workers that lie about the bonuses. Trust me. I have close to 2,000 shops with them and more than 10 years. I told one of the callers today I would no longer accept shops via phone because the schedulers are not being truthful with the bonuses. I know it will go in my record. If I get deactivated I will update the forum.

Rita Collins
Shopping Michiana
Go to Top of Page

BigMikeyP
Star Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
336 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2014 :  2:29:35 PM  Visit BigMikeyP's Homepage  Send BigMikeyP an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rita Collins
It's because you just started working for them. You are a newbie to them. Work for them for 10-15+ years & you will get annoyed with the phone calls from different areas with workers that lie about the bonuses. Trust me. I have close to 2,000 shops with them and more than 10 years. I told one of the callers today I would no longer accept shops via phone because the schedulers are not being truthful with the bonuses. I know it will go in my record. If I get deactivated I will update the forum.

Maybe its because I do so few shops for MF, but I never get called...I get Samantha emails more or less...and of course the emails on my birthday saying I can get a bonus if I assign the shop that day and do it before the end of the month....

Silver-certified Mystery Shopper covering the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana areas.
Go to Top of Page

NicLinBlue

BC
Canada
33 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2014 :  2:32:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been shopping with MARKET FORCE for over 10 years and I have not had very many problems with them. I started with them when it was just MARKET FORCE before they started taking over other mystery shopping companies. I really like their web site and self assign system. I am not getting very many phone calls from them or any of their other companies. The only calls I get are for jobs in my area. I have talked to some really nice people at the company over the years and they have all been polite and helpful. I have had some jobs challenged but after an email or phone call, I have not had any rejected. They don't have the jobs like they used to but things do change over the years. Maybe they will get the companies back that I really liked to shop. I feel bad for all the shoppers that have been or are having problems with this company. I might be having a totally different shopping experience with the company because I am in Canada. Maybe if I was shopping the USA, it might be a different story for me. I am also aware that the tide could turn for me at any time as all it would take is a scheduler with the wrong attitude. I just wish my relationship with a few other mystery shopping companies were as good as it is with Market Force!!!!

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Iron Chef Toni
Star Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
460 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2014 :  10:40:08 AM  Send Iron Chef Toni an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone had any issue with the Pay Day Loan shops? I have done several in the past but this is the first one where they have not been able to transfer my phone number. I keep having to reschedule the shop because of it.

Toni
Gold certified in N. Texas
Now doing Merchandising!
Go to Top of Page

FayEF
Valued Contributor

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2014 :  5:16:25 PM  Visit FayEF's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Why does MF want to know if you have a smartphone? Question is on the clown site
Go to Top of Page

Iron Chef Toni
Star Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
460 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2014 :  07:39:35 AM  Send Iron Chef Toni an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maybe they are going to release an app to submit shops? That would be really great to be able to submit the shop while sitting in the parking lot during the drive in shops.

Toni
Gold certified in N. Texas
Now doing Merchandising!
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2014 :  09:02:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Market Force deactivated me a few years ago, when I had a medical issue and couldn't work. That was fine. I reactivated with them about six weeks ago and got an email for my birthday about a month ago. Now I try to log in and nothing.

I can only do phone shops, so I'm thinking they dropped me for not taking any work in the past six weeks, but I didn't see anything I could take.

Sad.

I emailed them. We will see what happens.
Go to Top of Page

JenGA
Valued Contributor

Kingsburg, CA
USA
157 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2014 :  09:12:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lisa, I hope it works out okay for you.

Jen
Mystery Shopping in the Central Valley of CA since 2005
Silver Certified since December 2008
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2014 :  6:56:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I did hear back. I was told if I don't take a shop within one month, I'll be deactivated again.

I looked and there is nothing I can do - no phone or web shops. So I went ahead and emailed her back and told her that I am doing mostly phone / web shops, which they use to have a ton of, could she give me advice on how to find those. I'd didn't mention that I'm blind... LOL

I'll see what they say.
Go to Top of Page

RichardS
Contributor

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2014 :  6:26:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Crickett

I am dumbfounded. Of all the companies I have worked with, I like MF the best. I L O V E their website where everything is so easy to find. They have always responded when I called, and only once did I disagree with them, but once I spaced out a job completely and they ignored it, so I felt we were even. Maybe they want to get rid of people who have been doing there shops a long time (I have only done this for a year) but I find them to be exceptional to work with, pay on time with good docs, and very polite to talk to, Amazed at this bad press.

Give it enough time and you will see what others are talking about. I dealt with the this company for 5 years. Shops they have now used to be with other MS companies. The same shops that were with the other companies paid twice the amount of money MF is currently paying. When MF does offer a bonus, you may have trouble getting it. At times they tell you to wait until the shop is completed before you tell them about the bonus and other times they make you write to them before the shop is done. You never know which way to proceed.

I have seen more and more shops that dont even cover the required purchase. So after all your time and effort completing the shop, you are lucky top break even.

I feel MF is the worst company out there. You are only a number to them, they do not care about you at all.

Richard
Go to Top of Page

Lin

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2014 :  11:29:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't say Market Force is the worst company, but they could pay more for reimbursements and have higher fees. The worst is Feedback Plus they treat you like a second class citizen.
Go to Top of Page

Sue 624

MI
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2014 :  07:11:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know what is going on with the FF golden arches shops? They currently have surveys on their receipts and there are very few posted for next month.

Susan
MSPA Gold Certified and Shopping since 2004
Go to Top of Page

Dagny

San Diego, CA
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2014 :  8:21:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've seen very few of any shops on MarketForce's site. Mostly just their ever-present military base shops, which I can't do. There was only one non-military base, roman numeral V dudes burger shop, and usually there are a ton. I've never done more than a shop or two when it's convenient for me but I always had several pages of shops to look thru, mostly FF. Wondering what's up.

-dd
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
283 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2014 :  9:52:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maybe MF banned them too :-P

Can only hope they lose the client for all the crap they pull with shoppers who do a good job and then get cut for unknown reasons.

There are plenty of more deserving companies out there that would be plenty capable of handling it.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

Kathy C.
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2014 :  11:20:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had to cancel a fast casual burger assignment due to yet another visit to an ER with my 91 year old dad. This is the third cancellation within the span of a year for this reason. I would not be surprised if I were to to be deactivated for this reason. If not, I would give MarketForce a genuine thank you for compassion.
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2014 :  4:34:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They deactivated me a week after I signed up.
I ended up in the hospital for 3 days after my Dr. sent me to the ER for very low blood pressure that kept falling.
I hadn't even signed up for any jobs yet.
Talk about not giving a person a chance.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

TeriFLA

Winter Park, FL
USA
23 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2014 :  10:43:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue, I hope that you are better now. Your health is job one. Try to contact them again, and sign up. They will give you a second chance. The company, like all companies, is comprised of different personalities. And sometimes decisions are made via their internal matrix, and not based on anything that you did or did not do. Stay healthy.
Go to Top of Page

Darla61

Phoenix, Az
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2014 :  11:32:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for Market force, years ago when they were only a merchandising company. They didn't do mystery shops then. t
They went out of business while I was still working for them.

Darla H.
Go to Top of Page

Crickett
Contributor

Conway, AR
USA
66 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2014 :  7:30:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RichardS

I feel MF is the worst company out there. You are only a number to them, they do not care about you at all.

That is so patently untrue, at least in my experience, that I have to say something. I did some big job for them the last day of April. I REALLY needed the money to be paid in 2 weeks instead of 6. So I tried very hard to do it right (it was 4 locations and a bit complicated). To make a long story short, I left my second camera at the place when I had like 2 remaining pics I needed on it. They waited til the place was open for me to get it and submit the last shop portion. It was 5/3 when that happened, and they put it on April and paid me in 2 weeks for all 4 parts! They were extremely caring about me, as a person. They also have a line that thanks shoppers, printed on each report before you even enter it. No, I have not worked for them for 10 years, and probably won't because I am pretty old, but they care. I saw proof of that very recently.

Crickett
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1670 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2014 :  06:41:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I Love MFI also but I miss the name Shop'n Chek !!!!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums