Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Market Force Information, Inc. (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

SusanToonces
Valued Contributor

Queens, NY
USA
167 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2014 :  08:19:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I miss the big bonuses they used to give. $30 for a fast food shop bonus!

Susan
Go to Top of Page

Brenda C

Aberdeen, NJ
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2014 :  06:41:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The reason they want to know about a smartphone is because they are having new online shops for a fast casual shop. I just did one, although not necessary to have a smartphone, it did make it a lot easier. It was a great shop!

Shopping Jersey!
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1664 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2014 :  05:00:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I cannot see select shops or anything. All I see is ERROR. Are they working maintenance on the website today??
Go to Top of Page

DavidCar
Valued Contributor

Charlotte, North Carolina
USA
114 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2014 :  07:19:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I could not log in using Firefox, but was able to log in using IE
Go to Top of Page

BigMikeyP
Star Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
336 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2014 :  07:27:27 AM  Visit BigMikeyP's Homepage  Send BigMikeyP an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MCBarb

I cannot see select shops or anything. All I see is ERROR. Are they working maintenance on the website today??

It looks like they did have maintenance on the site because of a new interface for the website....

Took a look at it....not bad except unless you can't tell what kind of shop it is unless you hover over the small icon in the far left box (or if they still have comments in the far right box like they used to for certain shops)....that's going to take some getting used to.

Silver-certified Mystery Shopper covering the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana areas.
Go to Top of Page

TeriFLA

Winter Park, FL
USA
23 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2014 :  07:51:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was also unable to log in using FireFox, but could access the portal using Explorer.

Same issue on my cell.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1664 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2014 :  12:00:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have a notice about the website problems now. I could login and see shops but could not print paperwork or reschedule. I sent helpdesk both ERROR notices.
Go to Top of Page

Alan-Texas
Star Contributor

Arlington, TX
USA
544 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2014 :  10:15:23 PM  Visit Alan-Texas's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are having all kinds of problems with the site. I just scheduled a restaurant shop for June 8, but both the site and paperwork are showing June 9. Hopefully they will be able to get that straightened out before they all go home for the weekend.

I'm also not digging the new layout that much. Maybe it will grow on me, but right now I'm not a fan. I just entered a report and one comment box never even showed up until I hit the Summary screen. Ugh.

Alan A.
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping the Dallas / Ft. Worth area since 2005
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2014 :  7:05:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For those of you that have done the grocery shop where you visit several different departments and you have to make a required purchase of a certain item, are we reimbursed just for that item or for all purchases up to the amount on our CPI? I can't seem to find where it discusses it in our paperwork.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2014 :  05:17:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It was for total purchases of whatever you bought when the previous company did it, but I've not done it for MFI to know if they have changed it.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2014 :  8:13:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are back with the other company again, at least in the MidWest.
Go to Top of Page

LAlao
Star Contributor

LA
USA
317 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2014 :  5:51:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone else notice less shop available in their search? I used to get a good number of locations and clients but the last couple of months a search turns up just a smattering of assignments. When I had more choices, I could add in jobs wherever I was going but now, there are so few choices I can rarely work something into a route because nothing turns up for that day or area. And why do I always get a certificate warning when I try to log in? That's been happening for a long time.
Go to Top of Page

DarleneH
Star Contributor

Cleveland, OH
USA
1322 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2014 :  6:36:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been getting the certificate warning, too. There are just food shops, and I'm trying to loose weight
Go to Top of Page

DarkWingDave

Bremerton, WA
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2014 :  9:28:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I see now they're doing non-reveal gas shops. Minimum 2 gal gas purchase plus inside purchase. $5 compensation. I don't think so.

Dave
Silver certified shopping WA and OR.
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2014 :  06:41:04 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I saw those two and I actually thought about trying one, but decided if I have to get two gallons of gas, I would like to be reimbursed for the full two gallons. As it stands, this does give a 50% discount since the gas is almost $5.00 a gallon here in California, but I would burn that up quickly traveling from one station to another.

I wonder what the report is like.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
283 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2014 :  12:10:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Pam, you must live in Northern California?

Gas at costco in Huntington Beach was $3.69 yesterday. At the big oil companies it is $4 per gallon, but not near $5 per gallon.

The thing that is silly with MF what i've seen in the past is they don't reimburse for the full cost of the gas and they place the $ on the payment side. That only increases your wages and taxable income amount. Granted you can probably deduct it as an expense, but I don't like the funny accounting. They should just pay a fee for the work and reimburse for the 2 gallon required purchase like all other normal purchase shops.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2014 :  07:03:32 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I live in Southern California and the gas at our local station was $4.29 a gallon yesterday. Some of the cheaper places had it for $3.89 if I wanted to spend gas driving to buy gas..lol When this job started posting last month, it was $4.39 or so.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Alan-Texas
Star Contributor

Arlington, TX
USA
544 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2014 :  4:03:42 PM  Visit Alan-Texas's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Pam & Micah - I guess I shouldn't mention that gas in my area is down to $3.29 a gallon?

I think the inside purchase puts these shops in the no column for me. I've done enough of other inside purchase shops to know that it can be difficult to find items that are under $1 unless you are familiar with the store layout. And with no reimbursement, I really wouldn't want to spend more than $0.50 for my item.

Alan A.
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping the Dallas / Ft. Worth area since 2005
Go to Top of Page

CliffG

New York
USA
49 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2014 :  09:01:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do we know if they are having issues with the Shopper web side as I keep getting an error "HTTP 500 Server error" only when I attempt to log in to the "Market Force shopper site."

Regards
Cliff G
MSPA Gold Certified 10/03
Shopping Nassau,Suffolk,NY:PA,NJ
Go to Top of Page

Mindy T.

Sioux City, IA
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2014 :  10:06:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There is a notice that they are doing updates today and there may be intermittent outages.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums