Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Market Force Information, Inc. (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

HamiltonJackson05

Virginia Beach, VA
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2011 :  3:31:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just uploaded a receipt this past Monday without any problems. May you have a computer/scanner issue. My HP scanner won't directly scan anymore so I have to use Microsoft paint to scanner from my HP scanner.

Hamilton
MSPA Silver certified and wanting to be video certified
Shopping in Hampton Roads
Go to Top of Page

.MarieZoo
inactive

Moscow
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2011 :  4:32:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
MarketForce has a wonderful track record for getting rid of long time shoppers and recruiting new shoppers. They also discontinue assigning shoppers certain clients in some locations without any explanation. I tried contacting them and they never answer inquiries. It would help if I knew if I was doing anything incorrectly. All my shops were accepted and I was always paid. They have no loyalty to their shoppers.
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2011 :  9:41:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
NicLinBllue, I have had no problem uploading receipts and I have done a lot of shops for them these last few months. I believe the problem is at your end.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

MatthewinDE
Valued Contributor

Wilmington, DE
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2011 :  06:02:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would agree I think that the problem is with niclinblue. I have had no issues and my wife who shops too has not had a problem. Perhaps the size of the picture that you are trying to upload is too big...

Matthew
Shopping in DE
Go to Top of Page

NicLinBlue

BC
Canada
33 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2011 :  12:08:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
One of Marketforce's editor's emailed me that I couldn't keep sending my receipts via attachments in an email. I had to upload as that was the only way they would accept them. Another editor emailed me to fax the receipts which I did yesterday. Faxing receipts is 1 method to send them to MF on their website. It seems that each editor has different rules.

I do agree that it is my problem since it started right after I bought a new computer & upgraded from Vista to Windows 7. My HP printer now scans with difficulty & I can't upload to MF. My next step is to un-install the printer completely & re-install it to see if that was the problem. I don't think the printer is talking to windows 7 properly & an re-install should help them talk to each other.

I spoke to the store that sold me the computer & he said that if that doesn't work out, to bring in the computer and printer & he will see what he can do. I have to get it sorted out soon. I don’t want MF chucking me in the bin because I can’t upload my receipts. Please wish me luck in getting this annoying problem sorted out. Linda

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Barbara N.CA
Star Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
2397 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2011 :  03:14:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good luck. Until the problem with your scanner is resolved, can you use a digital camera instead?

Barbara
MSPA Gold Shopper since June, 2003.
MSPA 2005 "Go To" Shopper
Go to Top of Page

ChrisThomas
Valued Contributor

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2011 :  08:24:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just upgraded to Windows 7 and had a hard time getting my HP to agree as well. I tried and tried to download the driver but no luck.
My wife reminded me that we have a disk that came with the computer.
Thats worked and all is well now.

Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

NicLinBlue

BC
Canada
33 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  01:25:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I spent all afternoon yesterday trying to download new drivers from the HP website with negative results. I followed HP's instructions and got different results. On a few occasions, the downloads just stopped for no reason. On other occasions, everything was going fine and the download would be chugging along for about 5 minutes when a message popped up saying 'FATAL ERROR'. As soon as this message popped up and scared the hell out of me, then HP proceeded to remove everything that had already been downloaded. After that happened 2 different times, I finally gave up and decided to see the guy I bought my computer from. I saw him today and the end result is that I am now the owner of a brand new Brother MFC-J615w Inkjet printer. He figures that HP has the problem since I got that 'FATAL ERROR' message from the HP website during the download and I agreed. Since I really need an all-in-one printer for my secret shopping today, I was happy to take the new printer home. The new printer is scanning A-OK whereas the old one wasn’t and I am crossing all my fingers and praying to God that I will be able to upload my receipts to Marketforce later today. That will be the test to see if my problems are finally over. Wish me luck!

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  08:10:59 AM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
IMHO, drop the scanner. It is a huge waste of time. Don't update the camera drivers.

Just get a camera with an SD card that you can simply insert into the card reader on the computer. I have not scanned anything in in about 2 years now and with the camera technology, I probably will not any time soon. It is just easier to snap a few pictures and send away.

Cary
Mystery shopping and Merchandising in Ohio, KY, IN, WV, and More....
Video Certified with Own Camera
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  08:36:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I guess that is why they make vanilla and chocolate. I have an HP scanner that produces great high contrast scans (or I can choose color or grayscale if required). I can usually scan more than one receipt at a time, and then I used HP PhotoSmart software to crop them.

I have a camera with an SD card, and when I am traveling, I use it to submit receipts, but the quality is never as good. Creases and wrinkles in the paper receipts show up, and the color balance is never perfect. Plus, I have to deal with removing the SD card, using an adapter to plug it into a USB port, and then copy the files.

I admit that none of my photographs of a receipt has ever been rejected, but I don't find my camera nearly as convenient as my scanner. The photograph files are almost always larger, sometimes much larger, but again, there is software which can "fix" that, but that takes time.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  12:09:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Harvey, Not sure if we are vanilla or chocolate , but I agree with you.

I use my HP Photosmart to scan receipts at home and it works 100% of the time. When I'm traveling, I use either my Sony camera or iPhone. Wrinkles is one problem, another is when the receipt is more long than wide.

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  8:33:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Those in NicLinBlue's situation:

Win7 is a radically new format, with all new driver needs. HP still doesn't have the bugs out of their drivers. If your printer was made before Win7 came out, the printer is probably NOT compatible with Win7, especially the Enterprise and 64-bit versions. Many newer printers still are not fully compatible withe the 64-bit versions.
Same happened to me, and I like my old all-in-one and have a ton of ink accumulated for it.

Options? Buy a new printer, but be sure it is compatible with your OS version. OR, remove ALL printer drivers completely, unplug printer, shut down and cold re-start, then install the older drivers in compatibility mode.
Go to Top of Page

Rita Collins
Star Contributor

Michiana, MI
USA
518 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2011 :  5:15:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is it just me (could be) who does not see any of the #1 clown fast food shops?

Rita Collins
Shopping Michiana
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2011 :  03:35:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is the end of the month and most of the shops are done. I see some where I live.
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2011 :  05:34:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done those phone shops where you phone a call center about a TV service? The description sounds like the call might go on for much longer than the fee warrants. There are gobs of them available, but I'm leery of them.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2011 :  4:22:30 PM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
We bought a really nice Cannon laser printer/scanner etc about 3 years ago. I can't get the drivers for Vista. My wife uses it on her XP computer, but only to print or make copies. I gave up and find it easier to just snap the pictures. Since you have to use an adapter I'm guessing your computer is older. Most all new computers have card readers installed. It might be just as easy to hook up the cable and use the camera as a file and pull the receipts off that way.

Cary
Mystery shopping and Merchandising in Ohio, KY, IN, WV, and More....
Video Certified with Own Camera
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2011 :  2:34:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can anybody tell me anything about the banking shops? I see them on the board and they seem to pay well.

Sandie * MSPA Gold
I have video equipment and love route shopping.
Go to Top of Page

CorrieS
Star Contributor

Briarwood, NY
USA
932 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2011 :  07:17:17 AM  Send CorrieS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Depends on which one, they have several. I find the teller shops to be easy and well worth the pay, since I can do my regular banking and it doesn't take very long. I have done a few of the "business banking" shops but not for a while. They take a little longer and you have to memorize and/or improvise a certain scenario (helps if you know a little about owning a small business). I can't remember the pay but I thought it was fair. Then there are the premier banking - if they still do those - which are similar to the business banking in that you have to act as though you fit a particular profile. Again I felt the pay was fair, but YMMV, you know?

Corrie S.
MSPA Silver Certified
shopping NYC & Nassau County... and willing to travel...
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2011 :  05:51:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got an email from MFI saying "Congratulations... you have done 250 shops." I do more shops for them then anyone else. They have shops in most of the locations I drive to for mc work.
Go to Top of Page

Dagny

San Diego, CA
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  08:30:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Last week I did a shop at a new restaurant in my neighborhood. I don't think I can mention the name of the chain here but it's a bakery cafe. There are no prices on the website, no prices in the takeout menu, and there was no signage at the counter (maybe because it's brand new?). I had to order from a menu posted on the wall by the front door and I believe it was the same as the takeout menu, no prices.

I ordered the items I was TOLD to order, and it exceeded both my reimbursement and fee by $2. Even if I hadn't bought a beverage and bakery, the $7 reimbursement would not have covered the soup and sandwich, which cost $7.29 plus tax.

I wrote to the help desk to express my disappointment that I had to pay to do a mystery shop and there was never any mention that the reimbursement wouldn't cover the cost of food they REQUIRE you to order. Call me stupid; now I realize that $7 wouldn't go far for lunch these days but it really never occurred to me that they wouldn't warn me upfront, and I'm not familiar with this restaurant. (Also they make you sign up so far in advance that the exact amount of reimbursement wasn't fresh in my mind.)

Before I knew about this issue, I scheduled another one of these at another location. I've emailed the help desk again to ask if I can order something else that will be less than $7, assuming there is something. Hopefully that location will have prices posted.

I'm not sure what to do if I don't get instructions from the help desk. I have exceeded the reimbursement on another shop by a few cents but I've never had to give up my entire fee, too, for the privilege of filling out a four-page report.

I'm pretty new to mystery shopping; I've probably done 5.

I expect to complete the shop because I signed up for it, but how would you advise me to handle this, if the help desk keeps ignoring my questions?

-dd
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums