Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Market Force Information, Inc. (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

MatthewinDE
Valued Contributor

Wilmington, DE
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2011 :  2:30:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
@KenASch I am glad you posted this... My wife accepted one of them and she did it so that we could do dinner together. Would have stunk to not be able to do it together.

edit: After I posted this, we checked her CPI. It says that one guest may come with the shopper.

Matthew
Shopping in DE
Go to Top of Page

Liz M.

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2011 :  05:56:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I took one of the Mexican shops as well, and it was not clear if it was for two diners or one. However, looking at the required alcohol purchases, I hoped they would not make me go alone!
Go to Top of Page

JonK
Contributor

AL
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2011 :  06:40:25 AM  Visit JonK's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Seriously, I'm curious...

The drive-in shops. Reimbursement now a more generous $5.65 from $5.25. I live in Alabama, usually a lower cost of living state. Does the newly increased $5.65 cover the cost of a combo meal at the drive-in in your respective areas?

I'm thankful for the $.40 increase, but this still means there is not a single meal I can get fully reimbursed unless I order the Jr. Burger off the dollar menu.

This is particularly important to me because reimbursement amounts do not get reported on a 1099, but fees do. I would rather be offered a reasonable reimbursement (one which covers the entire cost of my meal) than have to pay the difference out of my fee. The tax implications get ugly if I have to keep up with unreimbursed expenses on top of mileage and everything else.

Jon
Shopping all of Alabama, Mississippi, Florida panhandle, most of Tennessee, western Georgia and anywhere else where there's opportunity!
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2011 :  08:09:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If they have increased the reimbursement limit, you can bet that the client is also raising their food prices at least that much!
Go to Top of Page

Greta
Valued Contributor

Waldorf, MD
USA
132 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  05:39:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hay,
The 2011 payment history is not available online!

I just see 2012 information and I have not received any payments for 2012 yet.

I hope they bring back 2011.
Go to Top of Page

LisaThom
Apprentice

Henderson, TN
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  4:55:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In my area of rural TN, the reimbursement does not cover even the cheapest allowable combo. When you combine that with not be able to order the entree with only the condiments you want means I will take these job only when they are heavily bonused.

Lisa T. serving Western Tennessee!
Go to Top of Page

FayEF
Valued Contributor

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  09:46:55 AM  Visit FayEF's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yesterday I completed a stall shop.
Total cost for Chili Cheese combo with tax $4.44.
Am I missing something about not being able to get under the reimbursement fee?
Go to Top of Page

TJ Monty
Trainee

Kasson, MN
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  9:45:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Greta,

I noticed that too, and sent them an email about it.

I was planning on using that info for my taxes.

TJ Monty
Go to Top of Page

MatthewinDE
Valued Contributor

Wilmington, DE
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2012 :  07:25:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Fay,

The hot dogs are the only combos that come in under the reimbursement level. if you order a burger (any of them) you go over...

Matthew
Shopping in DE
Go to Top of Page

Rene-R
Valued Contributor

Phoenix, AZ
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  2:03:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JonK

This is particularly important to me because reimbursement amounts do not get reported on a 1099, but fees do. I would rather be offered a reasonable reimbursement (one which covers the entire cost of my meal) than have to pay the difference out of my fee. The tax implications get ugly if I have to keep up with unreimbursed expenses on top of mileage and everything else.

I don't know how you track your mileage & expenses but if you use the Shop Sheet spreadsheet, there is a column where you can enter unrecovered expenses.

Not arguing the shop is worth doing for a $3-4 fee (if you go over the reimbursement), just thought I would point out that the spreadsheet might be useful in general.

HTH

Gold shopping metro Phoenix & airports everywhere, since 2005. ~ Have Video equipment, will travel!
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2012 :  12:33:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can someone tell me how to check your shop history?

I see the payment history link but no shops history link.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1645 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2012 :  08:05:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I asked the schedulers not to call so MFI took my phone number off months ago. I emailed the help desk to reschedule a shop to next week and was told I am deactivated (again)for not having a phone number listed. Time will tell what happens. I had 7 people call me for the same shop. Then one scheduler called me back to explain why she kept calling me. I emailed to ask not to be called and they deactivated me at first then I was able to take shops again. Now this.
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2012 :  1:44:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I get calls from MFI schedulers a lot, especially on the weekends. Most of them that I have talked to in the past are clueless and lie about the bonuses they will get you. I have blocked several of them on my cell phone account. I don't accept any shop offers over the phone anymore, not from MFI, not from anyone.

Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake, at least I'm done with merchandising... for goodness sake.
Go to Top of Page

MelanieNJ
Star Contributor

NJ
USA
267 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2012 :  5:27:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am fuming over here - anyone have trouble with this "SAMANTHA" program? I got a shop offer Thursday night for the casual burger place for LUNCH over the next three days. I wrote back said I can do it for LUNCH on Friday. I get the assignment at 10AM Friday, email has no time period listed. I'm not home but I checked details on the smartphone and did it at LUNCH. I get home to input it and I shopped the wrong meal period.

Of course I call, get transferred to voice mail. I forward the emails to helpdesk, no response. Just now I get the "invalid shop report email." Any suggestions? I am disgusted at the lack of human response.
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2012 :  5:46:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got an email yesterday saying there had been a change in the income tax shop I was assigned to do. Well that was interesting since I was deactivated several months ago. I thought maybe they reinstated me and forgot to tell me. I tried to log in but that didn't work. I wrote to the help desk and received the reply that the email had been sent in error and they thanked me for my work but they would not be able to offer me any jobs in the future. Guess they forgot they had already fired me.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1645 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2012 :  08:04:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have had no problems with Samantha. I do not take a lot of their ff shops anymore. Menu items have changed so much I do not want to eat there anymore.

I am reactivated and my phone number is onfile.
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2012 :  08:11:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue, There was a problem with their tax audit shop messages. I did not sign up for any of those shops, but received three notices, quickly followed with three, oops, it was an error messages.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  6:49:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The vitamin audit shops dropped the fees, with fewer pictures. Has anyone done the new, shorter version and that it is worthwhile with the $17 reduction in pay? I thought the old fee barely covered the time in store and report.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

MatthewinDE
Valued Contributor

Wilmington, DE
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2012 :  08:10:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anybody had any difficulty uploading receipts this weekend? I did a shop yesterday and am getting an error. I have tried different browsers and made sure my pictures are small enough. It was fast food with two portion so you know they are really picky about getting receipts for those shops...

Matthew
Shopping in DE
Go to Top of Page

Barbara N.CA
Star Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
2397 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2012 :  10:12:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, Matthew. I could "upload" my CPIs but not receipts last night. I know you tried different browsers but I got lucky when I tried uploading with IE. (I use Firefox almost exclusively for shopping.)

As long as you emailed HelpDesk before the reporting deadline, I think you'll be OK.

Good luck.

Barbara
MSPA Gold Shopper since June, 2003.
MSPA 2005 "Go To" Shopper
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums