Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Market Force Information, Inc. (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2012 :  10:45:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've had trouble for about a week. I thought it was just something with my browser, although it was suspicious that it was only the MFI/Certified sites that gave me troubles. Uploading in IE worked fine, but FF would immediately give me a page time out error. Is that the problem you were having? I finally cleared my cookies/temp files today to see if that would fix it, but don't have any jobs scheduled with them until the end of the week so it will be a while before I know if that fixed it.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2012 :  3:15:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been having trouble when I try to accept shops on the purple portal. I keep getting a message saying that the server is not responding.

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2012 :  4:22:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I uploaded two FF receipts on 2/10/12 without any problems, using IE.

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Barbara N.CA
Star Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
2397 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2012 :  9:34:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This was the reply I got from Help Desk:

Good afternoon,

Thanks for writing in. With regard to uploading receipts through our Shopper Website, we have discovered that there is a problem for shoppers that are using the Mozilla Firefox web browser (newest version). We are investigating this and working diligently to resolve this issue.

We are also receiving reports of some shoppers experiencing the same problem with Internet Explorer 9. If you run into this as well, please attempt to upload using Google Chrome or Safari. Important Note: Our website is not fully compatible with Google Chrome OR Safari, and we only recommend attempting this if you are having problems with Firefox and Internet Explorer. Please do not use these on a regular basis.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please e-mail the Help Desk.

Thank you,

Barbara
MSPA Gold Shopper since June, 2003.
MSPA 2005 "Go To" Shopper
Go to Top of Page

MatthewinDE
Valued Contributor

Wilmington, DE
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2012 :  9:45:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I finally got them uploaded. Did not get a response from the help desk, but also did not receive a nasty-gram asking for the receipts.

Matthew
Shopping in DE
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2012 :  07:48:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So, maybe they should put a note at the top of the login page:

"Recommended browser of the day is......" !
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
468 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2012 :  3:58:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've not been able to upload receipts with Firefox for over a week. I'm having some issues with the Certified side using Firefox as well. I've not had any problems using Internet Explorer, but I'm not using the latest version of it.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2012 :  8:00:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jonathan,
Stay with IE8 as long as you can. IE9 causes issues with many MSCs' report pages. My netbook came preloaded with 7 and IE9, and I won't use it unless in a pinch...Gonna reload a different version of win7 when I get time so I can use IE8.
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2012 :  8:35:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am finding this issue with both portals to be a pain in the neck. I think I'll hold off on taking any more work from either until I can use Firefox.

Sandie * MSPA Gold
I have video equipment and love route shopping.
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
468 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  5:34:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
And the funny part is, the blue portal log-in page specifically states that it supports IE and Firefox fully!

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  11:30:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do understand from a programmer standpoint how hard it is to keep up when browsers and operating systems change. However, from a user standpoint it is a pain in the rear to have to switch browsers just to submit or request a shop.

Sandie * MSPA Gold
I have video equipment and love route shopping.
Go to Top of Page

LisaTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  7:49:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
]
quote:
Originally posted by MarieZoo

MarketForce has a wonderful track record for getting rid of long time shoppers and recruiting new shoppers. They also discontinue assigning shoppers certain clients in some locations without any explanation. I tried contacting them and they never answer inquiries. It would help if I knew if I was doing anything incorrectly. All my shops were accepted and I was always paid. They have no loyalty to their shoppers.

Yup! It's happening to me right now after shopping for them for over 6 yrs. I've been ultra-reliable and saved their behinds a few times, too. Oh well, they will have to talk someone else into taking the upscale shop where you have to purchase and return an item - and most items in the store cost over $1,000. I've contacted them repeatedly and they don't even have the courage to provide a reason for blocking my account - although I see they still want me to perform a shop that they have a difficult time filling. Good thing there's plenty more fish in the sea and I'm good at reeling in a bountiful haul. Adios MF - and don't think I'm addressing them by their corporate name -

Lisa
MSPA Gold Certified and happily shopping in North Texas
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2012 :  7:19:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone hear the scuttlebutt about MF buying out a major MSC in the UK?
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2012 :  7:24:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
LisaTX, I'm curious how many shops you'd done for them in 6 years. This is truly discouraging.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

AnnaZ
Valued Contributor

Burlington, MA
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2012 :  9:07:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone hear the scuttlebutt about MF buying out a major MSC in the UK?

You mean Retail Eyes? It was announced for sometime now and MF has posted some of the RE shops in their own portal but as client said Retail Eyes, instead of the name of the client.
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2012 :  9:16:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here is the posting about the acquisition:

http://www.retaileyes.co.uk/latest_news/item/190/start//num//

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2012 :  08:35:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So is MF allowing RE to continue business as usual, retaining their shopper base? While I don't work for RE and don't even know if they have jobs in the States, this trend of acquisitions by MF (and others) concerns me:
With MF's trend of canning seasoned reliable shoppers, will those of us MF "has-beens" be eventually canned by the companies MF is acquiring? Will MF impose their top secret formula upon these acquired companies for selecting shoppers to be deactivated ?
Go to Top of Page

Barbara N.CA
Star Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
2397 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  7:07:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My understanding is that MFI acquired only Retail Eyes UK and not Retail Eyes US.

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

AnnaZ
Valued Contributor

Burlington, MA
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  9:59:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barbara N.CA

My understanding is that MFI acquired only Retail Eyes UK and not Retail Eyes US.

Are you sure? Because all the US headquartered companies that I used to do for RE in the USA, I just did them this month, half in the RE website and the rest in the MF website. For one RE MS client, some of the hard to fill sites showed up in the MF website whereas the remaining locations were still in the RE side. My understanding is that RE was always a UK based company with the US office based in CA. Similar to GFK that is a German company but has a US headquarter in NY (the former offices of ROP that they had acquired).

And some more interesting background about the merger:

http://www.research-live.com/features/overseas-shopping-a-big-draw-for-market-force/retail-eyes/4006032.article
Go to Top of Page

Barbara N.CA
Star Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
2397 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  05:13:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No, I'm not sure but that's what a source told me. Also, if you go to the UK site, MFI is mentioned; the same cannot be said for the US site.

Barbara
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.5 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums