Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Market Force Information, Inc. (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

AnnaZ
Valued Contributor

Burlington, MA
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  08:16:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barbara N.CA

No, I'm not sure but that's what a source told me. Also, if you go to the UK site, MFI is mentioned; the same cannot be said for the US site.

I think that it has a lot to do with how the RE website is structured. If you noticed they had stopped updating the news on the UK side since they started looking to sell themselves. Yesterday, the MF logo did not appear in the other languages. Today, using the same links, or the history in my computer's browser, when I go to the UK or a different language website it takes me directly to the MF Europe website, even when I click to go to other countries thru the RE USA site. Also, today there are shops for one of the RE's main client that right now I find them in the MF site but not in the RE site.

I just want to see how the upscale dining is going to be integrated in the MF website. RE has some great dining clients. During other acquisitions, MF chose to divest of such MS clients. Also, when MF got their own upscale dining client they lost the contract after a year so it seems that's not an area that interests them.
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  3:57:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Looks like they are trying out the auto-assign thing again. I was just assigned a FF place 2 hours away to do this weekend. Um, nope. I checked my profile, and FF is definitely not one of the categories I allowed for auto-assign, so I have no idea why they assigned it to me. I have done that store in the past, yes, but those dates and times are so restrictive that I don't want those just plunked on my schedule.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  5:32:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also just got an auto assignment. I wonder if my cancellation will be a negative in my history. Of course based on others' experiences, I will probably be disqualified sooner or later anyhow.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  6:38:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Help desk just replied to me and said declining auto assignments do not count against you. If that is the case, I really wish that were an option to select on the list of reasons why you are canceling.

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

LisaTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  3:22:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TinaMarie

LisaTX, I'm curious how many shops you'd done for them in 6 years. This is truly discouraging.

Thanks for asking, TinaMarie. I've done around 500 shops for them. I wonder, too, if they have a policy of "terminating" shoppers at around the 500 mark. Really liked them too, and, felt quite loyal to them. Always treated them right.

I find their disloyalty appalling but figure I get the last laugh as they've had a difficult time filling some of their really upscale $$$ shops and now they've got one less shopper to help out. I recently charged over $1500 for one of their "Italian leather goods" purchase & return shops and I can't think of a lot of shoppers who'd be willing to do that.

Oh well - more fish in the sea and I've been concentrating on audits for another company this past year anyway.

My advice for other shoppers: Take care of yourself and make yourself your #1 priority when it comes to Market Force. Don't do them any special favors because it won't get you ahead and it won't prevent them from "terminating" their contract with you when they get the urge. Take what you want and leave the rest.

Lisa
MSPA Gold Certified and happily shopping in North Texas
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  7:16:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lisa and Tina,
MF has a "top secret" rule for calculating which shoppers are allowed access to which jobs and which shoppers have been "used up". MF will not divulge this, hence the "no reason given" when a shopper is deactivated, but a friend who owns a string or restaurants contacted them for MS services. Part of the sell was that MF keeps an up-to-date base of shoppers that represent the largest demographics cross-section to satisfy each client. They also said that their shopper base is "rotated" regularly.

Being deactivated is no fun for anyone, but one should not torture oneself if this happens with MF. I was dumped long before the 500 job mark. If their "rule" says one no longer represents a large enough cross section for their clients, that shopper is out the door.
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  8:16:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
LisaTX, Tina, Dar-L

When I was dumped, I was told that I was no longer a typical shopper, and that I was "either too easy or too hard" and that they would not tell me which one. I collected data from other "dumpees" after I was dumped and I can tell you that based upon statistics, once you get somewhere near 600 plus or minus a 100 or so shops, you are highly likely to be dumped. I was dumped shortly after being praised by MF for being a great shopper and for having reached a shopping milestone.

While getting dumped hurt, the fact is that the following year I was able to do more work for others MSC's. The ability to schedule MF shops long in advance actually worked to prevent me from taking more lucrative shops.

Welcome to our ever-growing club of MF Dumpees. And as for the rest of you, rest assured that we will be waiting to welcome you also. It is just a matter of time.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  9:22:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well said, very well said indeed.I have found that when I was dumped the shops I did for this group were picked up by another company and I came out ahead anyway.
quote:
Originally posted by Harvey S.

LisaTX, Tina, Dar-L

When I was dumped, I was told that I was no longer a typical shopper, and that I was "either too easy or too hard" and that they would not tell me which one. I collected data from other "dumpees" after I was dumped and I can tell you that based upon statistics, once you get somewhere near 600 plus or minus a 100 or so shops, you are highly likely to be dumped. I was dumped shortly after being praised by MF for being a great shopper and for having reached a shopping milestone.

While getting dumped hurt, the fact is that the following year I was able to do more work for others MSC's. The ability to schedule MF shops long in advance actually worked to prevent me from taking more lucrative shops.

Welcome to our ever-growing club of MF Dumpees. And as for the rest of you, rest assured that we will be waiting to welcome you also. It is just a matter of time.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  5:36:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Since MF is one of the largest, if not the largest msc, being dumped would hurt because as they pick up new companies, the shopper would not have the opportunity to be a "typical" shopper. It would be more fair (yes, I know the world is not fair), if MF would just block the shopper from the companies that you have done too many, but still allow the shopper to shop other companies they contracted with. That way, they can retain good shoppers, but still meet their clients' needs. I'm just saying...

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

TerrieDean
Contributor

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  7:00:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with Tina, well actually I agree with everybody on this. I think MF needs to reconsider their "top secret" deactivations. Eventually the "pond" will dry up for them. New shoppers maybe hesitant when they learn all this and we "dumpees" (well put ) may not be so forgiving if asked back.

Terrie
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  7:19:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not sure why people get so bent out of shape when dropped by MF. Their shop fees are some of the lowest I have seen (if they offer one at all) and their schedulers (you know, the ones that call you for a last minute shop with a bonus) are not very honest or trustworthy.
Go to Top of Page

TerrieDean
Contributor

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2012 :  4:14:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Larry, I wouldn't say I was bent out shape, I think it the way MF goes about this. I feel like I have done something terribly wrong and I am the type person if I goof, I fix. MF gives little if any feedback as to why it's done. So, I feel like I was just kinda left to drift. Does anyone feel like this?

Terrie
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  08:16:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Terrie -

I agree with you. I like to learn from my mistakes. MF declines to even tell me what my mistake was. Telling me that I was "either too easy or too hard" is useless.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

MariaPec
Valued Contributor

PA
USA
183 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2012 :  2:56:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't been totally dumped yet, but I realize I no longer see FF shops. I'm pretty sure that it's because I had the audacity to suggest my fries were cold on one of my last shops. I got three emails asking for more info, trying to get it to sound like my fault. Nope, cold fries.

Wish I could tell that big FF chain that they're only getting reports MF feels will make them happy.

Maria
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2012 :  5:16:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MariaPec

I haven't been totally dumped yet, but I realize I no longer see FF shops. I'm pretty sure that it's because I had the audacity to suggest my fries were cold on one of my last shops. I got three emails asking for more info, trying to get it to sound like my fault. Nope, cold fries.

Wish I could tell that big FF chain that they're only getting reports MF feels will make them happy.

I have been served cold fries when I was not MS'ing. That's not right that you are penalized for reporting the truth.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

LAlao
Star Contributor

LA
USA
317 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2012 :  04:55:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is MF using telemarketers to schedule? Recently when I've been called by schedulers, there is that tell-tale delay before they speak. And the caller has that not-from-USA accent. Also she says salesperson things like, "How are you today, Ma'am? That's good to know, Ma'am. I understand, Ma'am" (in that curious little accent). It's weird. I don't like it. I'd rather speak with someone who sounds "live" rather than scripted. Anybody else have this experience?
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2012 :  07:09:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, I've had the same caller a few times. She seems to go on and on and it's hard to get to the point of the conversation...let alone understand what she's saying. I prefer callers with the southern accents. Not sure if it's outsourced or someone with poor phone skills in house.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2012 :  07:30:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
One of the US-based people on the purple portal said they have people from somewhere else doing some (not all) of their scheduling calls. I don't know about the blue side. Since purple portal is based in NY, I figured any and all accents could be expected, but that explains why this one scheduler just could not understand why I did not think $8/hr for a 90 minute job was a fair wage for something an hour away. Blue portal is based in GA, I think, so foreign accents are a little more suspect for their calls.

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2012 :  08:18:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Purple portal (merchandising) has been using a call center in Manila for some time now, and by LAlao's description, sounds like the MS portal is now using the same one. I've been called by them many times. Many of the callers do not own a car or have a clue to driving expenses. I guess also that their wages/cost of living must be much lower than ours, because I was told once "...I would think that if you needed money you would drive xx-miles and do this job for {cheap} pay..."

Worse yet, the purple side has re-assigned all of the schedulers such that one cannot call and speak to a scheduler without first leaving a message and waiting an hour or so for them to call back. I was told this was part of a "streamlining" measure.
Go to Top of Page

Debbie7452

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2012 :  12:14:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got a call this weekend to do a shop also for THIS weekend. I explained that I was out of town. The person (with heavy accent) ignored the out of town reply and tried to convince me I could still do the shop(It's bonused!!)...ummm I'm not even in the same state right now. I'm not driving back home (6 hours) for your $5 bonus!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums