Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Market Force Information, Inc. (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2012 :  1:47:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dar-L

Worse yet, the purple side has re-assigned all of the schedulers such that one cannot call and speak to a scheduler without first leaving a message and waiting an hour or so for them to call back. I was told this was part of a "streamlining" measure.

I've been trying to contact a particular scheduler with whom I've dealt and have left several messages on the extension she gave me. Never heard back. When I asked for her by name with the operator, he asked "Why do you want to talk to her? Did you try to contact the help desk? You should leave a message." Does this mean you can't talk to specific people anymore?

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

AnthonyHope
Apprentice

Surrey, BC
Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2012 :  3:01:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Market Force is a great company to work with! Their schedulers are friendly and they have interesting shops!

Anthony
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
468 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2012 :  4:26:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know what you all mean about some of the scheduling calls. On one call, it took 15 minutes, for what could have been done in 5, because of all the scripting/"now just to recap" about the visit details!

However, I have notice that those calls seem to come from a 571 area code, while the regular MFI calls from the purple (merchandising side) come from a 518 area code.

I have at times ignored calls from the 571 area code and just check for the voicemail message later.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2012 :  7:46:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jonathan,
Wish they would LEAVE me a message, would be easier and less time-consumptive, but they never do. and caller ID just shows their calls as a 5-digit number...no way to call back.

Sandi,
If you are talking about the purple side, most of the senior schedulers work from home part time, and are unavailable about half of each week. Keep trying, both at their home and office extensions. Leave complete contact info in messages. There are 5 that I work with closely: they are professional, efficient, and friendly. Without them I would have likely stayed deactivated by choice, last time the company canned me.

BTW, we should prolly take this to the merchandising section of volition Certified topic. Other merch's could benefit.
Go to Top of Page

Marjie

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2012 :  06:16:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How did you get reinstated?
quote:
Originally posted by Dar-L

Jonathan,
Wish they would LEAVE me a message, would be easier and less time-consumptive, but they never do. and caller ID just shows their calls as a 5-digit number...no way to call back.

Sandi,
If you are talking about the purple side, most of the senior schedulers work from home part time, and are unavailable about half of each week. Keep trying, both at their home and office extensions. Leave complete contact info in messages. There are 5 that I work with closely: they are professional, efficient, and friendly. Without them I would have likely stayed deactivated by choice, last time the company canned me.

BTW, we should prolly take this to the merchandising section of volition Certified topic. Other merch's could benefit.

Marjie K
Go to Top of Page

LAlao
Star Contributor

LA
USA
317 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2012 :  1:21:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
OMG! I just spent 15 minutes trying to schedule two shops in the same town with a telemarketer scheduler. He did not understand me and kept repeating everything over and over and it was still wrong. I think. Because I could not understand him either. He kept saying I had "a four shops." What is A FOUR SHOPS? No I have no shops. What day are you requesting (Eight times!). If this writing makes no sense, that's okay because it is pretty much how the conversation was. I finally had to say, "Look this is not working out. I was willing to go to a hard-to-schedule area but we have gotten nowhere in fifteen minutes so, good luck. I am too frustrated right now to even continue this." And I hung up. Forget it.
Go to Top of Page

KarenS
Valued Contributor

Arizona
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2012 :  9:36:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for sharing LAloa! I'm definitely avoiding all their phone calls.

You've given an excellent example of the hidden costs of outsourcing (or streamlining as Market Force calls it.) Market Force has just pushed off costs to shoppers at no expense to themselves. No doubt they pay the folks in the Philippines or Virginia or wherever at a piece rate, just like they pay us. So Market Force doesn't care how much of our time is wasted.

It's only when the backlash starts costing Market Force money in uncompleted shops that anything will change. I'm afraid it's going to be a bumpy ride.
Go to Top of Page

JenniferML
Valued Contributor

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2012 :  3:58:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Bonus calls seem to have dried up lately.
Go to Top of Page

LAlao
Star Contributor

LA
USA
317 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2012 :  04:57:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Speaking of bonuses, when the telemarketers call, they do not offer bonuses. Do not assume that you will get one when they offer you a shop. Ask! On the previous mentioned call, the caller offered a specific shop and when I asked how much the fee was, she quoted two dollars LESS than it was currently listed for on the website.
Go to Top of Page

TraveLiz
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2012 :  06:10:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That happened to me about a month ago and I called him out on it. He ended up leaving the line and coming back with a much better offer that I took. Then my paperwork never showed up and I tried to return the call and got nothing - which might explain the calling center thing. I eventually called MF directly and explained the whole thing (not easily) and ended up with yet a bigger bonus so it ended well.

Liz
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2012 :  09:30:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Speaking of bonuses, what are the chances that I'll get the one I was offered when I agreed to a merchandising assignment? The scheduler did not send me a confirmation e-mail. How should I proceed with this?

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

MatthewinDE
Valued Contributor

Wilmington, DE
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2012 :  09:40:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
SandiA,

I have never had any issue receiving a promised bonus from either MF portal. I would just suggest tracking it and if you do not receive the proper bonus than contact them. It will probably be a lot easier to contact the merchandising side - I've always had better luck talking to them than the other one.

Matthew
Shopping in DE
Go to Top of Page

Randi H
Star Contributor

Orange, Virginia
USA
931 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2012 :  10:19:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just had to send another email about not being able to access the site. Haven't been completely deactivated like the last time, so hope to hear something soon. This is one thing I do not like about MF, I have been working 2 jobs since October of last year (one FT and one PT) and it has been a few months since I have been able to do any shops. MF seems to be the only one I have trouble with after not doing shops for more than 3 months, but just got a call last week about a shop, so I don't get it. Will see what happens, as tomorrow is my last day with the PT job, so thought could pick up shops now again.

Randi
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2012 :  10:01:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SandiA

Speaking of bonuses, what are the chances that I'll get the one I was offered when I agreed to a merchandising assignment? The scheduler did not send me a confirmation e-mail. How should I proceed with this?

Call the help desk and ask them to confirm the bonus was put on the job. Usually have to wait overnight for it to show up... The call center seems to wait until evening to tidy up all the emails and job rates. Phone operators say they have to outbound email access, so a supervisor has to send out confirmation emails.
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
468 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2012 :  8:14:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did anyone else have next month's fast food shops disappear off the job board for them? I had them last night, but today, they were gone. I trying to figure out if they decided to block me for some reason.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2012 :  8:59:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sometimes if you do the 100 or 200 miles radius search, it will show up again. Having said that, the ff shop have disappeared for me also.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

KarenS
Valued Contributor

Arizona
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  10:29:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The fast food shops are not showing up for me either. Looks like another purge of experienced shoppers. Their loss. That's why I'm always adding new companies and clients to my schedule.
Go to Top of Page

NinaNY
Contributor

Westchester County, NY
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  2:09:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've noticed that the FF shops will occasionally disappear, then reappear with higher commissions. So maybe it's something as simple as the commissions being updated & not shoppers being purged . I hope so, anyway.

Nina
Silver & Gold certified. Shopping the Tri-State & wherever else my two wheels take me...
Go to Top of Page

BigMikeyP
Star Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
336 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  2:15:43 PM  Visit BigMikeyP's Homepage  Send BigMikeyP an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NinaNY

I've noticed that the FF shops will occasionally disappear, then reappear with higher commissions. So maybe it's something as simple as the commissions being updated & not shoppers being purged . I hope so, anyway.

Also make sure you fiddle with the zip codes....sometimes I may get one FF shop, other times I get multiple ones...especially when its a zip code I haven't used for awhile and do the maximum mile radius (200 miles).

Silver-certified Mystery Shopper covering the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana areas.
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  5:21:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a couple posted in my area.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums