Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

MaryannShearer

PA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2011 :  6:10:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello Everyone,

I just got a email from this company. Does anyone have anything to say about this company??? Jobs, pay, supervisors, etc??? Any information would be appreciated.

www.dot2dotretail.com
I got an email from them. It came from Ann Poston.
I can not find out any info on the company.

Maryann

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
548 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2011 :  9:54:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would be leary of this company. I pulled up the website ( dot2dotretail.com) and all it has is 2 links- one for "home" which shows almost nothing and just says "thanks for visiting", and the other is a rep signup-but it shows a "tinyurl.com" link and says that when one of the managers assigns some work to you THEN the payroll dept. will get ahold of you. There's no info on the business,where they're located,no phone,no email address,no headquarters physical address listed, no managers names or pictures listed like other merchandising companies,no nothing,just some generic hours listed for M-F- 9-4 pm.
And the BBB shows "dot2dotretail.com" - did not match any URLs,so that makes you wonder.
I'm not going to give my SS or all my personal info- not with identity theft on the rise to a tinyurl link.
Just my 2 cents.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2011 :  1:52:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got that email. tried to check them out, no info. on them except their so called website. Most likely someone trying to start up a company. I deleted the email.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2011 :  04:40:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I guess everyone got the same e-mail. It said that you could ask any questions you have and that someone would reply within 4 business hours, I am still waiting and that was last week. I deleted them, figured that was the only thing I needed to know.
Go to Top of Page

Kimberly T
Trainee

Aiken, SC
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  05:15:11 AM  Send Kimberly T an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just received a candy project offer for every Saturday from this company through Merchandising Plus. It seemed to pay alright but after checking it out here first, now I am not so sure.

Kimberly T
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  05:37:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kimberly T

I just received a candy project offer for every Saturday from this company through Merchandising Plus. It seemed to pay alright but after checking it out here first, now I am not so sure.

I received the same offer, but I'm already doing the same project for a another company.
Go to Top of Page

RepSusan
Valued Contributor

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  4:18:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
DChristine,
Will your current company be working with this new company or are they taking over the project? Just wondering and speaking from experience.....when a company looses an account to another merchandising company, the merchandiser is always the last to know.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  4:40:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RepSusan

DChristine,
Will your current company be working with this new company or are they taking over the project? Just wondering and speaking from experience.....when a company looses an account to another merchandising company, the merchandiser is always the last to know.

No they aren't taking over from the company I am working for, which is self assign. I believe D2D may be handling the ones no one excepted. If not, then I don't know.
Go to Top of Page

BeverlyAnn
Star Contributor

USA
422 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  5:22:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is Merchandising Plus somehow connected with Dot-2-Dot Retail??

I ask because I received the email from Merchandising Plus. In
the "From" box was "recruiter@merchandising-plus.com . But the
very first sentence in the body of the email was this:

"Dot2Dot Retail has an easy job"
So just wondering if anyone knows the connection between
the two....thanks!

BeverlyAnn
Silver Certified x6xbkn
Go to Top of Page

Kimberly T
Trainee

Aiken, SC
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  2:50:12 PM  Send Kimberly T an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't think so because I have done several jobs for different companies from a Merch. Plus email. The first two I honestly thought I was working for a company called Merchandising Plus but then I realized it was just a site I had joined similar to the Shadowshopper and such. I think they can just send out their emails through the website if they are members.

Kimberly T
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
451 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2011 :  06:10:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hubby just got a NARMS offer for Sat. candy stocking. Says it pays $14.50 per visit, only 2 locations, too far out of the way, not worth adding to route for just 2 stores.

E-mail came with Merchandising Plus as sender.

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2011 :  5:27:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got one from Merchandising plus for 7 stores for the candy on sat. visits. the pay was listed at $17 per store, but none were in my area. They were for the big box supercenter stores

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

FrankHeld
Contributor

South Bend, IN
USA
53 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  9:55:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up with this company around the first of August. Then I did two Walmart visits on August 5 and 6. Today I got my check for those visits. I wish other merchandising jobs paid as quickly.

Frank
MSPA silver certified. Servicing all of Northern Indiana and Southwest Michigan
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2011 :  1:21:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue,

Look up National Retail Group, the peoples names are Randy and Kim Taylor. Lots of people were taken by them several years ago.
Go to Top of Page

MariaMia
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
242 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2011 :  1:23:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got the same generic email .. I dont like it, and dont wish to signup IMO. Randy Taylor's name is familiar...but be careful. I am very cautious these days! Mia
Go to Top of Page

Cathy O
Contributor

Richmond, MI
USA
52 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2011 :  05:24:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just received an email about jobs too and when I went to the website, it has an address, phone number and office hours. The website has numerous links to information about the company also.

Cathy

Cathy
Go to Top of Page

David Richard
Valued Contributor

Providence, Rhode Island
USA
191 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2011 :  10:56:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Got an email for merchandising jobs from Kathy Dino, dinoaction@aol.com .

Thanks for the info, folks. :)

Happily shopping
Rhode Island and nearby Massachusetts.
Go to Top of Page

Millee

Hardwood, MI
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2011 :  4:56:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here is something so funny, about the Dot2Dot Retail,

I have the same projects like the candy packout in Walmart that dot2dot has, but from a different company,I have worked for two years. I have done two of their same project(dot2dot) that the other company that I work for. What is so funny one of the projects that I decline at the company that I work for. Went to dot2dot, I got email from this company telling me that a job in area is in site, available for you to do. What is funny this is the same project that I declined, and I am not going to do. Has anyone had the same thing happen to them

Millee
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2780 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2011 :  05:52:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've had that happen to me, not with dot2dot. It sounds to me like dot2dot is a 3rd party merchandising company that picks up assignments that other companies can't fill or doesn't want to complete.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2780 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2011 :  4:58:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've signed up and accepted 1 job for this weekend. We'll see how things go and report back. I've had good and quick responses from Kathy to the questions that I've asked, so far.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Lynne
Valued Contributor

Des Moines, IA
USA
207 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2011 :  09:32:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I responded to their offerings the first of August.
I picked up 2 Sat. Candy stores that were closest to me.

At first, I was not paid weekly as promised, and the reporting form changed each week. I figured they were just getting started, so decided to give them some time.

At the same time, I came to this site and investigated.

To date, I have now been paid for all of the August work, and am promised payment for current September work to be sent today. Payment is sent from Hot Springs to Little Rock for mailing, so 3 EXTRA days for payment to begin its journey to me.

Frankly, whether a person runs a business from his home is of no conern to me. I AM, however, most concerned about (in order of importance) payment 1st, work to be done 2nd, reporting method & time, 3rd, support when I need help 4th.

So far things are .....O.K. Perhaps, and I DO mean perhaps, the problems that existed WITH ALL COMPANIES RUN BY THESE PEOPLE were as a result of loosing client work (instantly?) severe client disagreements, etc.,etc., resulting in monies not coming in. Large companies can sometimes absorb and continue, others cannot. I also do Mystery Shopping and clearly remember Sparagoski, which seemed large, but left dozens of shoppers without their pay. Companies usually want to stay in business, but when cash flow starts drying up...there is trouble paying us. Sometimes,with negative occurances, companies DO NOT handle things correctly (neither do many individuals).Sometimes companies keep hoping things will get better (so do individuals).
I try to NOT let a company owe me too much money before I just stop working for them. I have a severely handicapped husband residing in a care facility, so each penny also counts with me!

Lynne
Gold Certified h0c5ds Shopping suburban Des Moines, IOWA: Clive, Urbandale, West Des Moines, Johnston
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums