Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  10:40:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had a Dell and the drawer for the CD kept opening and closing on its own. It took Dell about 3 months to finally fix it. I got an HP this past December and yesterday found out my Brother all in one was not working off the computer so I spent hours on the phone getting that fixed. It turned out I need a new port whcih could not be fixed over the phone so HP sent out a new motherboard and someone is coming to fix it Saturday. Way to go HP!!!!

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3045 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  3:27:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We had a dell printer at work for a very short time. It took a long time to get reimbursed after it was replaced three times and then finally they accepted a return. They said their policy is to just give you credit, not a refund! We had to get attorneys involved before we received a check in the mail. I don't plan on ever doing business with them again.

HP on the other hand--I've never had a problem with them at all. In my experience they service their machines professionally and with loads of courtesy.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2011 :  05:39:29 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
A friend was given an older HP computer and wanted to get it cleaned and updated, but he didnt have the installation disk. I took it to a local repair shop, and was told that HP is one computer you should try to salvage, as its the best one on the market. Also, unlike most brands, they said the key to the system is printed right on the back of the machine, making any changes very easy, if you dont have the disk. The tower was cleaned and scrubbed for less than a $100 and latest version installed, works like a charm. Well worth the money.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2012 :  2:18:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Judy, that is good to know.

I could not get my HP desktop to turn on so I called them. Having a warranty... they did all types of tests and I had no operating system. They tried to get me to pay $15 for new Windows 7 discs and I said no way. They ended up sending them for free. It took 6 hours to install the 5 discs. I am soooo glad I got HP and a warranty!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Forum Tip:

Only use QUOTE as needed to quote what you are replying to if it is otherwise not clear.

Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums