Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
671 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  10:31:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A while ago I did quite a couple assignments for marketforce acting as an Iosue Associates Merchandiser, basically merchandising prepaid gift and phone cards.My experience was VERY pleasant. I enjoyed setting and resetting these displays.

I visited their website (iosueassociates.com) and notice that they seem to also hire directly (as an IC, though, not as employee).

Anyway, I was thinking about sending them my resume. But since I never actually worked through them directly or got paid through them directly, I was just wondering if anyone here has any experience with this company directly.

Would love to hear about any experiences from others.

Thanks in advance.

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2780 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  2:42:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good research Larry, I didn't know that they hire their own. They do seem to have simple enough work thru Certified.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
671 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  6:14:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Through a google search I found a site where people seemed to be saying that Iosue and certified are the same company (or maybe I understood them incorrectly). Anyone know this to be true?

Also mentioned another company that does the same products as iosue but no name was given, just the initials DL. Anyone know what company DL is?
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
460 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  7:44:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
DriveLine??

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
671 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  7:57:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That's gotta be it. Thanks.

Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake, at least I'm done with merchandising... for goodness sake.
Go to Top of Page

BrianHanson37
Valued Contributor

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
USA
122 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2011 :  8:54:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Tried to apply under the careers link, only to be told to click on apply here (which doesn't exist). Went to the contact us page to email a copy of my resume, then got an email saying that delivery permanently failed.

Brian
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
671 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  04:36:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You have to call the phone # and ask the receptionist where to send your resume for a merchandising position (tell her your state). She will give you the email of the right person to email. I did that, but never heard back yet.

If I should die before I wake, at least I'm done with merchandising... for goodness sake.
Go to Top of Page

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  07:41:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
DL is Driveline and they do the same phone/GC displays for Dollar General. Iosue/Certified handles the ones in Family Dollar.

Merchandiser with 2 years experience seeking work in the Longview, Texas area!
Go to Top of Page

BrianHanson37
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2011 :  09:58:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Picked up a job on SASR for installing a magazine rack. They said after that I will do all the work for them in my area, allowing me to cut out certified and get paid (a lot) more than certified pays for the same work.

The DM told me that they are new to SASR and are trying to send their own guys if they can; if you want to get in with them, this is your chance. And by the way, they hire W-2 as well, and pay over $4/hr over certified (contractor).

Brian
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
460 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2011 :  12:13:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good going Brian! The heads up I'm sure will help a few folks here.

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

MonikaJeanne
Contributor

Bethlehem, PA
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2012 :  06:48:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Brain, I am not sure I understand your post....were you talking about IOSUE, or SASR? Im guessing IOSUE.

Anyway, I have done a few jobs for SASR, and recently snatched up the "F'Real" accounts in my town for IOSUE, but through SASR. The manager I am dealing with through IOSUE said that I can get hired on with them after the initial job through SASR.

Which of course, would be wonderful.

Just curious about pay and how the assignments work, if there is mileage, and all that jazz.
Go to Top of Page

Jim from PA

Pottsville, PA
USA
35 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  4:37:31 PM  Send Jim from PA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been with IOSUE for a lil bit now as an IC. They pay promptly, the staff is exceptional to work with, and the work is really easy. Just wish there was more to do with them. So far it mostly been audits and customer intercepts.

Jim
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1054 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2012 :  08:02:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I "heard" they were going to another company instead of the one they were with. Goodie for me. Time will tell. I didn't ask how she knew that info.
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
671 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2012 :  09:32:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
MCBarb, I'm not sure I understand your post 100%, but at any rate, Iosue uses more than one company as well as hiring directly. 2 companies I know if that they use are SaSR and Marketforce. I don't pickup any jobs they have through marketforce because the pay is significantly less than what they pay for the same exact job when they post on SaSR. In fact, I don't pick-up any work from Marketforce anymore because of the low pay and many other reasons. Iosue uses 4th parties for areas where work is not as much and/or not as frequent. They don't offer everyone a job directly. It depends on your area. In my area, they don't have much work but want to expand operations here. But for the time being, they told me that the only way I can work for them is through 4th party merch companies right now. They did offer me a chance at helping them expand by contracting me as a scheduler, but I am not interested in that at this time. Effectively, they would pay me a flat sum per wave and I would be responsible to hire other subcontractors and paying them from what Iosue pays me. In essence, that would mean I would be starting my own small 4th party merch company, like Marketforce and whatnot. Not really interested in that. So they told me they would keep me in mind and if they expanded my territory, they would contact me directly for work in my area. Iosue themselves are not a huge company and therefore do not have the ability to expand territories easily so they have to rely on 4th party merch companies to get assignments distributed and completed. Unfortunately, they tend to use Marketforce a lot. As they grow, this will change, I'm sure.

If anyone knows of any other 4th party companies Iosue uses, please post here or email me through my profile.
Go to Top of Page

MonikaJeanne
Contributor

Bethlehem, PA
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2012 :  07:05:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They just had a bunch of work in my area; I signed up on SASR and even emailed them. They picked someone else for them all. When I did the F'Real accounts, I thought I did a good job....and they told me as well I could work for them permanently afterward.....then hear nothing....and they gave the recent SASR jobs to someone else....:(
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
671 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2012 :  1:15:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Same thing happened to me. Because they use SaSR only as a job board and pay you directly (not through SaSR), the positions they post do not automatically disappear once the jobs are filled since they accept you manually.

But I was a little hesitant about these jobs anyway since it involved merchandising in government offices. They say the jobs would take 30 min. max, but I have my doubts about that since you'd be dealing with government offices.

Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
659 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  12:54:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So who do you apply to....IOSUE? I went to their website and looked under careers and can find no place to fill out an app.
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
671 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  1:15:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Iosue uses 2 companies that I know of to "hire" for assignments...

Set and Service Resources/HireFlex and Marketforce/Certified.

Check your inbox. I sent you an email.
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
659 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  6:41:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LarryT

Thanks, but I didn't get the email.
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
671 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  6:51:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Big Sue

quote:
Originally posted by LarryT

Thanks, but I didn't get the email.

Not sure why. I sent the message through the link in your profile. Your junk filter might be sending it to your junk folder.

Go to Top of Page

BrianHanson37
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2012 :  11:38:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They were good at the start, but are now like Certified. They had the "count how many registers are at this store and report it for $8" all throughout Iowa. I was moving from Colorado to Wisconsin. I offered to spend two or three days in Iowa to do over half the stores, if they would give me a little better rate. Keep in mind, I've been told by them that I've had great reviews internally. They said no they couldn't pay any higher than that. If they can't work out of any kind of deal with a VALUED contractor, I can't imagine how they would treat a new contractor. I think asking for a little bonus and offering to make them look really good to the client for getting so much done so fast is worth a little bit, and you can't travel all those places on 8/ea no matter how short they may be.

Brian
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.69 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums