Please provide your opinions on them.

thanks,
Ray

SusanP

CA
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2012 :  9:31:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I see this company on NARMS. They were Prism Retail Services. When you click on the link after clicking on their icon on NARMS home page (Click here for information about this company)it takes you to a page that states "Creative Agency Services Team (CAST)"
http://www.narms.com/cgi-bin/sjb.cgi?mn=9600025&jb=x&fnc=jbsc&jbcompany=9600025&img=aEF43&src=yy&ar=40787aNFd4
They had a regular route for cigar merchandising in a convenience store in my area.

SEE
http://forum.volition.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23054
Go to Top of Page

DarlaR.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
127 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2012 :  08:54:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is a good company. I was recently hired on by them but haven't actually performed any work as of yet.

I applied because of a lady I worked with on a nightime reset job. She worked for them during the day and spoke highly of the company.

She said they paid well and promptly. I believe they used to be Prism Retail.

Here in Texas, they do merchandising and resets for HEB, Staples, and some dollar stores.

Darla
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2012 :  12:17:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
From my research about a month or so ago, Footprint is a very large company that bought out many smaller and medium sized companies a little while ago. You are sure to find a lot of different company names when checking out this company, but then all eventually point back to footprint.

I cannot attest to their practices, just an FYI but they are a large company which in my opinion means you will most likely get paid, however, your experience will largely depend on their corporate culture as well as your specific DM and RM - just like any other large company like Crossmark, ASM, etc, etc, etc.

Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake, at least I'm done with merchandising... for goodness sake.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  9:42:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When we did the Albertsons resets last year in this area for Acosta, Prism Retail Services was also there as well as a few other companies. The start was 6 am sometimes 7 am and you ended at 3:30 pm or later for all companies. You worked 8 1/2 hours with a 30 minute lunch and 2 -15 minute breaks. The lead in charge announced over the pa. when you would go to break and when you go to lunch. They were total store resets,so you would be at a store somethimes 1 or 2 weeks until it was done. The work was moving gondolas and shelving etc. to other areas of the store and resetting it up again,so it was heavy work. And some of these stores were 2 to 2 1/2 hours away,which meant in my case being on the road before 3:30 am. The people that worked for prism said things were changing in the near future for the company. I guess this is what they were talking about(becoming footprint retail)

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  10:25:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know with a lot of the companies they do have 1 day resets. It's seems that in the spring thru the summer is when the heavy resets occur. A lot of companies like Prism(now Footprint) also have other divisions that are not resets. You might apply and see if Footprint has one.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2012 :  7:53:58 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I chatted today with a demo person at Burger King in my area promoting BK's new fountain machine. He definately had some training and was able to demonstrate it and discuss some technical aspects of the new soft drink dispenser.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
787 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2012 :  10:37:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff68005

I chatted today with a demo person at Burger King in my area promoting BK's new fountain machine. He definately had some training and was able to demonstrate it and discuss some technical aspects of the new soft drink dispenser.

Was he from Footprint? Do they do demos?
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2012 :  5:28:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Apparently, they do demos of fountain machines. There is an opening on my narms profile for just such a job.

quote:
You have a great opportunity to introduce a New and Innovative Beverage machine to your area. If youíre looking for part time work to make some extra money, or just fill some time. This is opportunity is for you. Prior public speaking and product demonstration experience preferred!!

Sandie * MSPA Gold
I have video equipment and love route shopping.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2012 :  6:02:33 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Big Sue

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff68005

Was he from Footprint? Do they do demos?

Yes, he had a Foodprint logo Tshirt and said he was from Footprint. We did not discuss money.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2012 :  7:11:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
hmmm. I'm curious. What is so special about the new BK fountain machine that it has to be demoed to customers? Is there a learning curve to using it or something?

If I should die before I wake, at least I'm done with merchandising... for goodness sake.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2012 :  8:02:46 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
http://westcobbmagazine.wordpress.com/drink-it-your-way-with-the-coca-cola-freestyle-soda-dispenser-100-flavors/

Yes, some people get easily confused with this thing. I had to think about it for a minute or two.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
468 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2012 :  7:48:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any updates on this company? They are advertising for my area.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2012 :  3:02:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I tried the BK machine awhile ago, and found that it wasn't near as easy as mixing flavors on the regular fountain drinks, almost wished there had been someone there to show me.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
468 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2012 :  8:29:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are advertising for a merchandiser, not a demo. person.
Anyone doing/done any merchandising for them?

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Sandra G.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2012 :  1:21:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a couple of assignments for them under Prism. As I recall, the website was a little unusual, but I had not problems. They didn't seem to have much in my area. Since they switched over, I haven't heard from them.

Sandra G.
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  6:27:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone in the Los Angeles area received any new temporary or part-time jobs with Footprint in the past 2 - 3 months? I signed up with them last year (in the Spring) and only worked a multi-location audit project for them, and then I never was contact by them again. As far as I know, they liked me and my work at that time. Yet they did tell me about a several month long reset and re-stocking project that was supposed to had taken place late last summer, yet I never heard from them again. I thought sure after the audit project that they would be contacting me again, since I had to get paperwork notarized, background check, and drug test and pass in order to get my first job with them as an employee. Since I know that they had to pay for the drug test, that told me that they were serious about having me as an employee. Yet I can't figure out why I never got contacted again for new work, as I really enjoyed the temporary audit job.

Now with that being said, I see that in the past 3 weeks, they are looking for a Merchandiser in the Los Angeles area. So Iím wondering if they have some new work in the area or are they just trying to add more Merchandisers to their company, so that when work becomes available in the Los Angeles area, they will have a pool of Merchandisers on the ready?

Nick
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2013 :  02:46:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nick_S

So Iím wondering if they have some new work in the area or are they just trying to add more Merchandisers to their company, so that when work becomes available in the Los Angeles area, they will have a pool of Merchandisers on the ready?

EIther that, or your supervisor decided to hire their friends and family and only calls you if they really, really need another person. This has happened to me with Acosta. Nothing you can really do. But if I were you, I would call your supervisor and ask what is going on and to make sure that they realize that you are employed by them and waiting for work. Who knows, maybe you fell through the cracks somehow.

Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2013 :  11:13:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LarryT

quote:
Originally posted by Nick_S

So Iím wondering if they have some new work in the area or are they just trying to add more Merchandisers to their company, so that when work becomes available in the Los Angeles area, they will have a pool of Merchandisers on the ready?

EIther that, or your supervisor decided to hire their friends and family and only calls you if they really, really need another person. This has happened to me with Acosta. Nothing you can really do. But if I were you, I would call your supervisor and ask what is going on and to make sure that they realize that you are employed by them and waiting for work. Who knows, maybe you fell through the cracks somehow.

Thank you LarryT. I appreciate your feedback and help. The few times that I had seen work offered by Acosta in my area, they seemed to only offer 3rd shift work, which I always pass on, as Iím not about to work those hours. I love being asleep at midnight each night, in my nice warm bed. About 30 years ago, I tried working 3rd shift for about 3 months (when I was 18 years old), and HATED it. I never plan to do that again. I can not imagine a beating my old body would take working 3rd shift today. LOL!!!

Nick
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
186 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2014 :  08:05:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone have any experience with FPR as an "on call" merchandiser?
Got a phone interview and just thought I'd check on it first.
Go to Top of Page

SharonQ
Star Contributor

Florida
USA
888 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2018 :  12:44:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anything new with this company?

Call me crazy, but I LOVE resets!
Yes, even cosmetic resets.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ģ Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums