Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: CPM US (formerly known as National In Store (NIS))
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2008 :  12:08:30 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I too, worked for NIS at a much different time. I worked for them for 4 years, had a wonderful DM and all of a sudden she was gone. The new one, was NOT a people person, had a very nasty attitude and real snotty! When she came onboard, I quit! The reimbursements became a BIG problem, promises never fulfilled. At one point they owed me almost $2,000. When the problems began, I immediately contacted my DM and she did nothing. When we got this fantastic DM she did everything in her power to get me reimbursed, even tho, it took allot of emailing and a face to face visit. Thank god, she got the mess cleaned up, as shortly thereafter she was gone, and the nighmare from hell came onboard. When I quit, I was making $15.00 hr. Hated to, but you know, sometimes it just isnt worth it if you have someone to answer to that is such a B- to everyone.
Go to Top of Page

RepSusan
Valued Contributor

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  06:26:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone hear anything on NIS and the lack of work? This is the first time ever that I had NOTHING on my screen. ???
Susan

Susan
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  10:33:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My DM says that it is nothing to worry about, that it is just a slow period. I am worried!
Go to Top of Page

Varee

Macedon, NY
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  05:16:06 AM  Visit Varee's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I met with my DM & RM yesterday. They have also said not to worry that work is coming, and some of it has loaded. I like the work that I do for them, and even more than that, I like the personal attention they give to the reps....

I have worked for a number of companies, and when I've had concerns I was either given a "pat" answer that they have been instructed to give, or no answer at all. With NIS anytime I've had a concern they have always taken the time to address my concerns.

Just like the rest of you, the last few months have really put a lot of stress on me, wondering "Where's the work"?, "Is it time for me to quit this line of work?" along with all the other questions. We ask ourselves when the workload falls off.

It looks like April is the month we've all been waiting for. After the meeting yesterday, I'm very glad that I didn't give up on NIS.
Go to Top of Page

TinaKing
Star Contributor

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  4:17:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Also DMs do not are told thing that may not be true. I am guessing if all the DMs and RMSs were told that NIS was going down withing a year or so; they may loose them to early. I have learned in this field go by the gut feeling; so far mine has always been right no matter what I read on a forum, or told from a employee, DM, RM or team leader.

Tina
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  9:34:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It seems to me it's time to move on....Find another company to work with...I've been with NIS 4 yrs ..off....and....on.
Mean while you can keep them in your schedule if you do have a few jobs....Just be sure to stay in their files.

Depending on your Distric Manager or Scheduler you last speak with I was always kept in their system when emmergencies came up I'd help them out. Until just a few weeks ago I received an email from somebody at NIS asking me if I was still interested in working for them. I told her not at them moment since their company has gone through many changes I couldn't take assignment pay $7.50-$10 working mostly with surveys, I wasn't making any money. I did ask her to please keep me in the system because I've also worked with other departments and you never know opportunites have came up.
I told her I also had my work history in the system and I needed information for my imcome taxes I still needed to do.

Well I can't log in any more....Good thing I saved all my check stubs.

Mary

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  03:22:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I still have 19 regular monthly stores with NIS, work is still there. It has been reduced but not removed. I am going to hang in.
Go to Top of Page

RepSusan
Valued Contributor

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  4:07:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a couple of questions for any of you that work for NIS. 1. Did you get paid for April 11th pay? It is listed that I should have received a check, which would have been Monday, and I haven't seen it yet. Emailed my supervisor Friday, no reply yet. 2. Anyone having any problems logging in to the site? I have typed in my user id and password after the set user id and passwork didn't work and it keeps giving me the option to request my password. I tried and got an "error" as a listing. I thought things were looking up but now I'm concerned again. Any input?

Susan
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  5:00:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got paid. The website just went down, technical problem. It has done this before. It will come back up, I have work to enter and my DM sent us all an email, saying not to worry.
Go to Top of Page

Bobbi
Apprentice

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  9:16:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Great company! However, because of one assignment that they have which I hated, I can only give them 4 and 1/2 stars. But I will definitely take any other assignments they have!

Bobbi
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2008 :  5:32:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
10 stars in my book, work is back on the plenty side!
Go to Top of Page

Danielle
Valued Contributor

Houma, LA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2008 :  10:39:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think the pay for this month for the scoresheet was horrible. We got paid $7.50 for the glucometer call for walmarts and rite aids and for the CVS we had to do the scoresheet plus the glucometer call for a measly $12.50. If you take away the $7.50 for the glucometer call that they were paying for the other chains we only made $5.00 for the scoresheet. IMO they will be loosing long term reps really fast with pay like this expecially with gas being so high and we are now doing more work for less pay. Not fair to the reps at all. I emailed my boss and complained about it, not that she can do anything about it but she can be our voices when it is not fair. I have been with NIS for over 10 years and love them but to me this is taking advantage of reps with the pay scale.

Danielle

Danielle Boudreaux
L&R Distributors
Reset Division
Go to Top of Page

CatR

Spirit Lake, IA
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2009 :  2:14:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've read this thread, but I'm still not clear. Is NIS hiring employees or Independent Contractors?
Thank you so much!

Cat
Go to Top of Page

GaryMiller1

Perrysburg, OH
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2009 :  3:45:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
IC's
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  8:44:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have an update on this company? If you work for them,do you like it? Does it pay single digit or double? Any info would be appreciated before i apply. Thanks alot.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2009 :  1:31:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
NIS is a wonderful company to work for, I have been with them for 5 years. We are now CPM, which is supposed to be comparable to Acosta and Crossmark in size. The new website is http://www.us.cpm-int.com/. I have tons of work and the pay is usually double digits.
Go to Top of Page

LynnJ
Star Contributor

MA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2009 :  2:30:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My favorite company to work for! Lots of work right now. My DM is wonderful. Reporting is quick and easy. The standard pay is $10/hour. Some assignments are estimated at less time than that. But even when estimated at 45 minutes and/or $7.50 each, you could easily be done in 15 minutes. Most paperwork is shipped to you. Occasionally, if you have to print yourself, the fee will be slightly higher. Most assignments have a 2-week window to complete, sometimes only 1-week.

They really want you to have a digital camera for the times when they want pics of completed displays or POGs. Having your own fax machine helps; The numbers I fax to are all toll-free so far.

The ONLY drawback is that although paychecks arrive every 2 weeks, the pay cycle is 3 weeks in arrears. For example, work completed 10/5-10/18 will be in the 11/6 paycheck.

Gold Certified in Central Massachusetts
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  07:10:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jenny41

NIS is a wonderful company to work for, I have been with them for 5 years. We are now CPM, which is supposed to be comparable to Acosta and Crossmark in size. The new website is http://www.us.cpm-int.com/. I have tons of work and the pay is usually double digits.

I have been with CPM (NIS) for 6 years now, there is more work, but I don't ever get any double digit work. I guess someone else gets the good stuff and I just clean up what other people don't want.
Go to Top of Page

RepSusan
Valued Contributor

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  09:33:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maralyn,
I have worked for NIS for years. What kind of work can we expect to see now since the merger? What kind of calls did you make for CPM? What stores? Are they monthly calls or just as needed? Etc.
TIA

Susan
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  10:41:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worded that wrong, I should have said NIS (CPM), what I have been told, there will be alot of work to come in WM, but right now I am doing the same thing as always, Office Max, Office Depot and lots of Drug Stores, of different kinds. Again, sorry for the confusion. I believe reps have been doing resets in Staples, and I have 2, 8 hour resets coming up in Office Depot.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums