Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: CPM US (formerly known as National In Store (NIS))
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  4:03:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maralyn,
Most of my work is in Staples, CVS, Office Max, and Independent Pharmacies. By double digits, I assume, you mean more than 10.00 per hour. Except for CVS, mine is always 10.00 per hour or better. Perhaps it has to do with the area. I have 12 Staples in the Columbus, Ohio area and we just had some major resets. I love this company!
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  4:30:59 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Be careful of this company. Apparently you're suppose to do their work over getting surgery..and if you have sudden surgery and can't do the work that's scheduled for after it because you can't walk, it's your fault and grounds for termination..but yet they don't tell you they terminate you until you e-mail asking why you haven't heard from them in a while.

I used to love working for this company..The fact that they do this disgusts me..Or, if a manager gets promoted and takes over another area, and there is someone they don't like and that person happens to be on the team they take over, they immediately terminate the person DESPITE a good work history on that team. I can't ever justify supporting this company again. As far as I'm concern, they are no better than the other companies on here that are known to take advantage of people, until which time they correct their error and ways and get RID of that manager.

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  04:21:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Blue Abe

Sorry that you have had a bad one.....as for me, my husband passed away on Nov.3rd. I had alot of work scheduled and my DM covered all those stores for me and I got the pay.....how many will do that for you?
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  1:33:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for this company for 5 years and love them, BlueAbe I am sorry you had a bad experience but do not blame the company. Perhaps you had a bad DM. We are so overloaded with work right now and my DM is covering some of mine in the field because I have 12 Staples stores that I do regularly. I would highly recommend this company to everyone.
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  3:56:10 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I dont' blame the company but when I contacted the company because of what she did, they pretty much blew me off and told me to take it up with her. Ya, that went no-where. I've gotten further arguing with my cat. That's what I get for taking last minute jobs that took me 500 miles, 16 hours, during a snow storm because two other people flaked out on them (And did it right after they called and asked me)

I won't ever forget that day. They called me at 8 am, and I left at 8:15 am.

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

KenBear00

Hanson, MA
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  08:39:50 AM  Send KenBear00 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Horrible, horrible company to work for. I was away on vacation for 3 days with my family...mind you my work was COMPLETED before my vacation. During this time I had recieved 12 voicemails at my home asking me where I was! Apparently my DM didn't think about calling my cell phone. They blocked me from entering my website because I didn't call them back right away. DM was a micromanager to the extreme, and wanted to know what we did each day. One of her rules was we had to email her every day even if we did not work on that day...seems a little excessive. The pay is crap! One of the worst companies that I have worked for...and I work for 6 at the moment.

Ken
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  12:53:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They pay is awesome and so is the company, but I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion! This company pays my bills and is my main source of income. Love my DM!
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  4:41:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jenny

You must make more than the rest of us. I don't consider 7.50 per store awesome.

I don't work in Staples, so I don't know what they pay that, but what I do is very low in pay.
Go to Top of Page

Anthony In Minnesota
Contributor

Minnesota
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  6:41:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It depends on what part of the country you are in. I get 8 an hour which is not exciting at all which includes Staples. It will be interesting to see what happens after they are taken over.
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2009 :  11:07:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anthony, what do you mean after they are taken over? We became CPM October 1, and the work became abundant. I have had to call on extra help. I do agree that the part of the country you are in makes a difference. I also have some 7.50 stores, but they are usually very short calls.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2010 :  05:32:55 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is this the same company once referred to as National In-Store? I got a call yesterday asking if Id be interested in work locally. I worked for NIS 4-5 years ago,and really liked it,back then it was IC work. This lady now says, it is owned by someone else, and youre an employee paid hourly. Can I ask, how has this been working out? The stores Id be working in would be Office Max/Office Depot.
Go to Top of Page

LynnJ
Star Contributor

MA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2010 :  05:41:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes CPM was formerly NIS, as the thread title indicates.

We were supposed to switch to employees rather than IC's as of January first, but there was a delay in the conversion and it is now scheduled for February 1 instead.

Gold Certified in Central Massachusetts
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2010 :  10:52:19 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does that mean that instead of being paid a certain dollar amount per store, employee's will only collect actual time spent in store wages??? I hesitate taking the position because we may receive a couple of dollars, instead of the 7.50-10.00 fee.Has the company informed you what is going to happen?
Go to Top of Page

LynnJ
Star Contributor

MA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2010 :  11:23:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My DM told me that it will work something like this ... Where you now see a job may pay 10.00 per store, instead it will say 1.0 hours per store. The significant difference is that once employee status kicks in, taxes will come out.

Gold Certified in Central Massachusetts
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2010 :  12:24:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
On the up side, we will now get direct deposit and lots more work!!
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2010 :  2:39:28 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your reassurances. Im much happier knowing theyve changed to employee status myself. It was a real pain at the end of the year getting ready for tax time.
Go to Top of Page

SharonC

Jacksonville, FL
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  6:50:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I used to work for NIS...in fact it was my very first merchandising job. I used to love it, regular work and decent pay ( it was $15.hr then ). After a while they started having SERIOUS problems w/pay and sometimes I waited MONTHS... up to 6 months at one point for them to straighten out pay problems. DM's were changed constantly so I was always working for someone new. Jobs became less frequent and the entire "experience" became too much to deal with so I just let my account go dormant. I work 3rd party now and make much more money but have less work. I will NOT work for $10/hr. These companies offer less and less and want more and more from you. I don't like the idea of being an employee and losing all of my tax benefits either.

Don't let them make you work for free. YOUR time is worth $$$. Demand compensation for it.
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  5:51:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for NIS for 5 years without problems. My only complaint is that there is not always enough work. It seems like there is either too much or not enough. I understand the switch to W2 status will even out the work load.
Go to Top of Page

JanJojo
Star Contributor

West Virginia
USA
42759 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  6:04:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for them when they were still NIS. At the time I thought that they were a good company to work for. I guess that it is a
good thing that I was not working for them when all of my health
problems started last year.

Janette Johnson
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2010 :  12:23:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My DM is very understanding when it comes to problems completing work, really I love this company. We also just picked up some work that another company has dropped the ball on. I do not want to name the company as apparently their DM's do not know yet. I would recommend this company and my DM highly.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums