Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: CPM US (formerly known as National In Store (NIS))
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

DebbieHall

IL
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  04:11:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
new kind of jobs being assigned. I just got got a job assignment and it clearly states "sales representative" I have no desire to be a sales rep and have to sale a product with a 10 page script and do that every 6 weeks, then factor in the rate of pay, most sales rep I know gets good benefits, commissions, cars, meals and more then $10.00 an hour. guess its time for me to move on I signed up to do resets and merchandising with them.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  04:15:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Debbie, I haven't seen this one. Perhaps you could call your DM and explain. I wouldn't give up on the company.
Go to Top of Page

LolaKelly

Burbank, CA
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  07:54:47 AM  Visit LolaKelly's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sharon C,

You do not loose your tax benefits....you put all your expenses on a 2106 form....which goes to the Schedule A....I do taxes.

You still win!!

Lola
Go to Top of Page

GaryMiller1

Perrysburg, OH
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  3:36:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hold down a full time job besides merchandising on the side. I don't see being an employee as a win as expense write offs for schedule A are dependant on you exceeding a percentage of your total income.
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
514 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2010 :  06:07:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We did some of the printer/monitor resets last year, had fun working them, not comlicated, store contacts were awesome, did not have a problem with the stores, there was a lack of communication that caused some issues but got them straightend out, would work for them again.
MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2010 :  06:42:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lola, not everyone takes the itemized deductions. For me, it would be a loss of deductions since I have less than the standard deduction to apply. I have found UNLESS you have a mortgage (higher the interest, the better), it's not worth it. I'm lucky NOT to have a mortgage. I also have a degree in Accounting, specializing in Taxes, personal and self-employed.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
514 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2010 :  11:14:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hubby just picked up a two day project, pay is so so but what the heck, it's work and not too far from home, I get to set up for other work that's coming our way (we have a lot) so that's something to do.

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2010 :  12:55:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My husband picked up an ongoing 13 week project. Its a couple hours a month...a couple more hours pay right?

OOPS, it was actually a different company that hubby got the work with. I was just hired with them though.

Karito
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2010 :  2:42:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a regular territory, it took 5 years to get here, most weeks I get 30 hours. Stick with them.
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2010 :  4:58:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jenny41

I have a regular territory, it took 5 years to get here, most weeks I get 30 hours. Stick with them.

Would love to end up with a territory. They seem like a great company so far...so we will see. Thanks.

Karito
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  06:57:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been assigned my first store. I will start service in March...
Jenny or anyone else, could you email me and tell me what stores you do, I'm wondering what other stores I might get in my area (not that we have all that many) Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  11:33:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You would have the same DM I do. I have worked for her for years and she is awesome. What area are you in? If you want to send me an email I can fill you in further, I would go for it. I love this company.
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  11:20:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also work for CPM-US and it's a wonderful company. My area manager is the best. The work is not hard, their website is very easy to navigate and your pay is always on time. Once you receive your assigned stores you know the work is going to be there and it's jobs you can count on. The staff in the stores that I merchandise are great and are very receptive to my visits. I would take as much work from them as they offered me.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2011 :  1:33:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anything new on this company? I've tried to find the website but it says it's been moved. Are they still in business? If so how do you apply? Thanks for any info!!

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2011 :  2:35:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
www.cpm-us.com, I have found thought that since CPM took over the work has fallen off, I gave up my stores, good luck
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2011 :  5:50:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jenny, I agree, there is not enough work to even sign on the website anymore......I asked my DM to assign my store (2) to someone else this past week.....just not worth it anymore. I have been with them 8 years...never had a problem with pay, other than it went down.
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2011 :  09:19:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maralyn, I know, I have been with them 5 years. I asked my DM to reassign my stores also, can't drive an hour one way for 10.00 anymore. My DM wasn't worried when they took over but it does not look promising to me.
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2011 :  10:13:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jenny, I wan't even getting 10.00 anymore, it had gone to 7.50.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2011 :  10:13:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks jenny41,i appreciate it!

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2011 :  5:19:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear that work has fallen off in the areas that everyone is in. Thank goodness we have drug stores in my area that are serviced on a monthly basis.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums