Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: CPM US (formerly known as National In Store (NIS))
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

AmyLH

TX
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2011 :  4:53:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any new info on this company?
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2011 :  02:53:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My daughter and myself still are active reps for them, although not a lot of work. If you get work, never a payroll problem, and the instruction is excellent.
Go to Top of Page

SheilaDinIL

IL
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2011 :  2:04:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was just assigned a Demo job from this company. I've done merchandising and shopping for other companies. I have applied for Demo work before but I've never been assigned one. This is a decent drive, I have to buy and get reimbursed for about $15 in supplies and it's only 4 hrs at $10 but apparently they're sending a $100+ appliance to my home to "practice". Does that sound right? Will I have to pay to send it back to them? Also, does anyone know if this company pays quickly?

Thanks for any insight anyone can give!
Go to Top of Page

MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2011 :  2:42:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have never done demos for them but to 'keep' the appliance is odd unless its a special sort of appliance like a coffemaker. That I have heard of keeping after using it in demowork. I usually have been reimbursed extra money for use of my owned appliance like a toaster oven for example Make sure to ask if in doubt! HTH< Mia
Go to Top of Page

SheilaDinIL

IL
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2011 :  9:17:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It actually IS a coffee maker that they want me to demo. It's a model that uses the K cups so they want me to be proficient at using it I guess. They are supposed to send two boxes to my home. I guess we'll see. Thanks for the input!

Sheila
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2011 :  4:22:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is an excellent company, in my experience. Pay every two weeks like clockwork. I did the coffee demo for another company, and I did get to keep the brewer, still use it.
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  9:51:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is it clear yet if you do keep the appliance? I've done demo's with them and we did keep the applinace/product. We've kept the one cup coffee makers then afterwards gave away as gift, I had no use for it, For every store they's send an appliance/product, so if you demoed at two locations you'd end up with two one-cup coffee makers.

When the air bed first came out it sold for $75 for a twin size, we kept those too. I think these items were delivered to our house. If we purchased them with their credit card, they'd be an open package for demonstration and can not be resold anyway.

They paid well and the paid has gone down, used to be $15 hr for both merchandising and demos, and always in time, at least a month or sooner.

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

Bert M
Contributor

Sharpsburg, MD
USA
95 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2011 :  06:35:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any new word on these folks? I just hired on as a merchandiser doing CVS audits and sat thru a grueling 2 hours conference call last night. I was lead to believe that it would be 30 minutes tops, and could do the online training at my own pace. Are the time caps for the audits reasonable (I understand that there is a learning curve for the first few stores) or are they getting us on the cheap.

Roberta
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2011 :  08:18:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been doing these audits for over 6 years. Once you have completed a round you will find that they go faster. A helpful hint is to borrow an RF gun from the store. Have them set the gun to SPA-Item locate. When you type in the CVS number or UPC number, the RF gun will tell you the item's location in the store-aisle, section and shelf number. This can speed things up for you if you are not familiar with what the products look like. The CPM time limits are fair. The DM's also have stores they are responsible for auditing. If one of the tasks is not accurately time rated, they know it. You can request additional pay for additional time needed, if it is valid.
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2011 :  03:38:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Awesome company, Staples work is booming!
Go to Top of Page

SharonC

Jacksonville, FL
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  3:26:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Guess I should reapply. I worked for them for about 4 yrs and loved it. Right before they changed names there was no work at all in my area. I used to be a tech rep for Pure Digital and Xerox, audited Radio Shack stores and did demos. I loved the DMs I worked for but they're all gone now :( They were the first company I ever worked with. I'll note though that I did have MANY payroll problems w/them. Sometimes it took up to 3 months to get paid for a job if they screwed up. THAT I wasn't happy about. But the pay was good then...we used to get $15/hr plus .38/mi. I highly doubt they pay anything close to that anymore. Probably more like $10/hr and no mileage like all the other companies.

Don't let them make you work for free. YOUR time is worth $$$. Demand compensation for it.
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
512 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2012 :  9:33:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here you go Big Sue, last we worked for them no issues other than excessive report time on a very few of their projects, did some pretty nifty resets (a few were small, the rest were large bulky resets) but always paid on time, easy to contact, all project paperwork was sent to you (but you did have to sort).

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
781 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  06:43:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MindyZ

Here you go Big Sue, last we worked for them no issues other than excessive report time on a very few of their projects, did some pretty nifty resets (a few were small, the rest were large bulky resets) but always paid on time, easy to contact, all project paperwork was sent to you (but you did have to sort).

MindyZ

Thanks, Mindy. Will check them out.

BTW, When you say "large bulky re-sets" are these requiring a lot of heavy lifting (how much weight wise) and how long if one person is doing them?
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
512 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  09:37:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Printer resets, we did a few, all the other stuff was very minor.

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  11:52:02 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
SharonC, I too worked for them during the same time as you, and also did the Radio Shack store audits. Like you, I had a heck of a problem with payroll. My DM even came to town and we went through each and every job I did, and found MANY had been unpaid. Some I never did receive payment for even after. I really liked the work though, and as you mentioned many DM's left or were fired. I ran into 3 of my previous ones while working for other companies.
Go to Top of Page

Bert M
Contributor

Sharpsburg, MD
USA
95 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2012 :  8:39:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That is really surprising to hear, I started in October and every one of my paychecks have been spot on, including extra time and unusual expenses. At the bottom of the main menu there is a little clocky-thing that shows how many hours you've reported for the week,
I just love CPM, and actually got a supervisor training position at a CVS, due to the relationships I have quickly built up. I am obviously not working in a store that I audit.
So now that I know where everything is, I can complete resets and scorecards in half the time. $10 an hour becomes $20 an hour.

Roberta
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2013 :  12:00:14 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just signed on. There appears to be a learning curve for even an experienced merchandiser. Some of the jobs I see are very different from what I have done. I'm still getting my head around the reporting process. It appears that once I get organized, I can stack more than one assignment at the same store making the visit worthwhile or better.
Most of the time frames are very reasonable. Once I get started, I think I can fold them into my existing time budget and routing.

I talked with my DM this evening. She has some work locally and in towns that may take up to an hour to get to. She was very reasonable with the time and mileage numbers. So I will get started right away with some simple audits.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2013 :  02:32:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been with this company for 10 years, 1 pay issue quickly resolved. Love them, full time plus hours. Wouldn't be anywhere else!
Go to Top of Page

MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2013 :  08:43:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Another company did floor graphics a few years ago so I m not aware of them doing it now.
As for working with the company. I did a few projects for them about 2 years ago and found them to be easy to work for, concise, and prompt in payment.

M
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
781 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2013 :  3:39:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can someone post a link to their website please? So, is there regualr part-time merch type or audit jobs available and not just re-sets?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums