Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: CPM US (formerly known as National In Store (NIS))
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2013 :  10:59:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff68005, thank you very much for your feedback. I do recall, I think in January, in the LG training telephone / online conference, they did say something to the effect that the LG Cleaning calls were going to be a pilot program for a few months, yet they may turn into a permanent call on our monthly workload . . . depending on how LG felt after we had done the cleaning for a few months. Yet I was surprised that CPM or my DM did not formally inform me that the program has now been discontinued. Rather than getting that return box and shipping instructions that I did out of the blue yesterday.

Yet on the flipside of this, I am glad that I do not have to do these LG calls any longer, because I also have enough other work from CPM and I have enough work from some of the other merchandising companies I work for. Plus these LG calls for only 1.0 and 1.5 hours were very disruptive to my regular route, as the many locations I were assigned were out of the way and were not in or near my regular CPM route. Thus I lost money doing most of the locations I were assigned, due to gas and loss time to go outside of my regular route. Yet since I have been doing merchandising for almost 3 years now, I have never had a cleaning call . . . which to me, these LG calls do not fall into the category of a merchandiser. Personally, I think it would have been better if we were asked if we were interested in doing such a call, rather than having these calls and locations added to our workload without our approval. One thing I will not miss about my LG calls, is having to be down on my hands and knees on those hard concrete floors in Home Depot cleaning the bottom of those stoves and refrigerators. UGH! As my knees and back really took a beating doing those calls . . . along with having to inhale all of that dust doing both the appliance cleaning at Home Depot and those TV / audio cleanings at those electronics stores.

I love working for CPM and have enjoyed all of the work they have provided to me, however I did not like the LG calls, since I just do not think they fell into the normal scope of merchandising work, and that work seemed more like grunt work. Yet whatever company that takes over for these LG calls, those employees have my sympathy.

Laura_In_Az, I did not know that CPM had a sister company. WOW!!! This was great information to learn.

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2013 :  11:14:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff68005

The MAY Scorecard may have an unexpected tab in it (photo lab). Out of ten locations, two of mine had that surprise.
All the other piggybacks are posted separately. I sorted by store number to insure I have all the jobs and piggybacks printed. I would hate to have to go back for a no additional pay job.

Jeff68005, I have not looked at my May scorecard as of yet, however based on what you described, I just hope it is just a matter of getting use to the new platform . . . making sure that all of those tabs are accounted for, before going into the store to work all of the required campaigns. I really like the old platform since I have used it for so long, yet I have found the new platform user friendly and I am quickly getting use to it. When I did my April scorecard, that was my first real test of the system and making sure that I looked at every tab for each store. Yet for some reason, not all of my stores have the same campaigns / surveys. So what I did last month was open up every survey /campaign for every store, then I wrote down every survey for each store. Then when I walked into each store, I crossed off every survey I did at each store, to make sure that I did not miss doing a survey and to make sure that I did not do a survey for a store that did not need that survey done. Thus far, I have rarely made a mistake using the old platform, where I had to go back to a store to do a missed survey or to correct something I did wrong on a survey . . . yet when I did, I wrote it off as a learning experience, since I knew that I could not get paid for correcting my mistakes. LOL!!! :-)

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2013 :  8:42:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am doing a print page for the scorecard. It shows all the piggy backs for that store. I only print the first page. (saves printing a page that is just a list of bulletins, etc.) CPM doesn't reimburse for this page but it helps me a lot to determine which surveys for which store. I Staple this as a cover sheet to my stores JRQ's. As I complete each one, I cross it out on the cover sheet.
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2013 :  09:45:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a question regarding of how we are now being paid to print a campaign and how we are paid to print per store. I have been using the new platform RetailForce since last month, yet I have not been able to see how and if I am actually getting paid for all of the pages I am printing out for each campaign. Then today I see that there is a box that sayís Documents Printed. Which that box may have been there all along, when you click on a certain campaign for a certain store, but it give you an option where you can check off that box . . . but Iím not sure what it does. I was under the impression, that whenever you complete a campaign, that you would automatically be paid the stated amount per campaign and per store. Yet I am now wondering if I have to check-off that box that states Documents Printed in order to be paid for all of the pages I have to print out per campaign and per store? Thus far, I have not had any luck finding this information in RetaiForce (under My Special Pays & Hours) and I have not been able to get into the old platform RetailStream to see the information in my Check Summary . . . I can still get into RetailStream and use the dropdown menu to pull up the check date that I want, but it will not open the document that shows the hours on my check, but I was at least hoping if I could add up my hours, I could see if I am being paid for printing out the pages per campaign or not. But I am not sure if RetailForce has a Check Summary option.

So I sure could use some help on how to keep track of the pay we are supposed to be getting for printing out the pages per campaign and per store.

Nick
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
512 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2013 :  11:15:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
NickS, we have for years used notebooks for our logs, we write in start time from home, start miles, if we put in gas, gals. and how much we paid, arrival and departure times at each location, I still have all of mine back to 1996. Very helpful at tax time.
HubbyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2013 :  11:34:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MindyZ

NickS, we have for years used notebooks for our logs, we write in start time from home, start miles, if we put in gas, gals. and how much we paid, arrival and departure times at each location, I still have all of mine back to 1996. Very helpful at tax time.
HubbyZ

Hello Mindy, thank you for your feedback and help, which makes very good sense especially at tax time. However, I am more concerned right now about learning the new platform RetailForce and understanding where the reimbursement fee for the pages that we printout show up, so I can track my data on either RetailForce or RetailStream . . . at this point, without at least seeing that information, I want to have some documented proof that I printed out all of these pages, during tax time, yet most of all, I DO want to be reimbursed for printing out all of that paperwork, since we are supposed to be reimbursed for printing it. Now that I have used RetailForce for over one and a half months, I have printing out a nice chunk of paperwork during that time . . . the paper, the ink, and the wear-and-tear on my printer is not cheap. :-( Thus far, I do not see where I was paid for what I had printed out thus far.

Also based on your posting, I was not aware that CPM pays for mileage or did I misread your post or do you write off your transportation costs (traveling between the stores for your service calls) come tax time (based on the information that you write down in your logs)?

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2013 :  9:13:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have also requested the detailed check info to see that I am being reimbursed for printing. So far, I haven't received any update on that request. I hope all of you who are wondering about this problem are also requesting the info on the CPM website. I have requested this info from my supervisor (DM). I have also requested this info directly on the new CPM website. (On the home page, you can send a comment, either anon or with your info.) I have requested the print info and left my name. I hope any of you with the same need for info on the printing reimbursement also request it from your DM and from the CPM website. If more reps request this, there is a better chance we can see it.

Regarding the print button check. I think that is an upgrade. When I print the store's info, I can now check that button and know I printed it. (I wanted this feature and am happy it is now available.) I also like the new print ALL questions button.
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2013 :  08:49:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Laura_In_Az

I have also requested the detailed check info to see that I am being reimbursed for printing. So far, I haven't received any update on that request. I hope all of you who are wondering about this problem are also requesting the info on the CPM website. I have requested this info from my supervisor (DM). I have also requested this info directly on the new CPM website. (On the home page, you can send a comment, either anon or with your info.) I have requested the print info and left my name. I hope any of you with the same need for info on the printing reimbursement also request it from your DM and from the CPM website. If more reps request this, there is a better chance we can see it.

Regarding the print button check. I think that is an upgrade. When I print the store's info, I can now check that button and know I printed it. (I wanted this feature and am happy it is now available.) I also like the new print ALL questions button.

Thank you very much for your feedback Laura. I greatly appreciate you sharing that information with me. At least now I know what I might can expect if I go to CPM directly. WOW!!! I can not believe that it just seems like just you and I are the only ones here that are having these problems. Yet maybe there are not that many CPM representatives that know about Volition to know and keep up with this topic.

Yet it is a bummer to learn that with the new platform change, that I have lost visibility with how many hours that I will be paid, along with maybe having no visibility of knowing IF I AM or IF I AM NOT being paid for all of that paperwork that I have to print out . . . which I can only guess by my last 2 paychecks, that I have not been reimbursed for my printing. :(

I am not to sure if I could use the print button the way that you described, because when I am ready to print out my paperwork, I print out all of it (per campaign and all my stores) and I organize it at the same time (while making store specific notes), so that way I have all of my paperwork when I go to each store. I thought that check off box may be the trigger to create a record (in the new platform / RetailForce) so that I could get reimbursed for all of the paperwork printing per campaign / per store, that I am doing. Yet for sure, I like the print ALL questions button . . . I am not sure how long it has been there, as I only discovered it this past Tuesday.

I hope that we are not being ripped-off by CPM by them not reimbursing us on all of this printing that is now MANDATORY for us to do . . . yet thus far, it seems to have happened to you and me. However it would be great if others on this thread could share their current experiences about these 2 issues (the paycheck visibility, are they getting paid for printing their campaigns), with the new RetailForece platform.

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Tasha353
Contributor

NY
USA
57 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2013 :  2:09:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have contacted my DM with this concern as well and was told it was being worked on. I also called the payroll department and was brushed off. I am not sure it is completely legal in my state not to have an itemized pay stub available. I also do not think the $.10 a page is enough to cover ink, paper, wear and tear on the printer PLUS the time. It takes me hours each month to print out all the required paperwork. This is possibly the reason there has been no more conference calls since the change to the new platform?
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2013 :  5:03:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tasha353

I have contacted my DM with this concern as well and was told it was being worked on. I also called the payroll department and was brushed off. I am not sure it is completely legal in my state not to have an itemized pay stub available. I also do not think the $.10 a page is enough to cover ink, paper, wear and tear on the printer PLUS the time. It takes me hours each month to print out all the required paperwork. This is possibly the reason there has been no more conference calls since the change to the new platform?

Thank you very much Tasha. I greatly appreciate you taking your time to share your experiences, but WOW, I can not believe that the payroll department brushed you off. Yet I never thought about calling the payroll department until you had shared your experience with them. I am in California, however I do know that CPM takes out taxes, yet I donít know about them legally required to provide an itemized pay stub. Yet I do think that it is very unprofessional of them to leave us in this lurch . . . by not allowing us to see the itemization of our pay checks and by not letting us see the status of all of the pages that we printed out AND to see how and if we are/were paid for these printed pages.

I liked it better and got used to receiving all of that paperwork in the mail each month (with special regard to the monthly scorecard AND the scorecard piggyback work). Yet with the amount of stores that I do (both CVS and Staples), it took me about 2 to 3 (non paid) hours EACH MONTH just to sort all of that paperwork out, just so I could have all of that paperwork broken-down and organized the way I need to make my service calls to each store, so I can get in and out of the store within the given time to do all of the service calls at each store. Yet with this new platform (RetailForce), I do not think being paid 10 cents per page is enough either . . . because you are right, to me, that is not enough to cover ink, paper, wear and tear on the printer, and the time waiting for each page to print. I have a household light duty printer . . . not a commercial printer that is cable of printing out 100 pages per minute and was built to be used in a hard manner to often print out hundreds of thousands of pages each month. With the amount of stores that I work, I now see that I easily need to print out at least 80 pages come scorecard time of the month. Yet to give my printer a break and to save some of my unpaid time, I have been going to my local FedEx office (formerly Kinkos) the past 2 months and just pay 12 cents per copy . . . as I would rather pay that 2 cents extra per page vs. sitting and waiting for my poor printer to crank-out 80 printed pages and reducing the wear-and-tear of it. So originally I did not mind doing this . . . but if we are not getting reimbursed for our printing, I may have to rethink this. :-( What would have been nice is for CPM to have given all of us a high speed color printer, a starter pack of ink and paper, and then give us an allowance to buy paper and ink thereafter. LOL!!! :-)

Yet the bottom line, I sure did like the old platform, the Message Board AND the occasional conference calls that kept us in the loop with what was going on with our work, along with people there to readily answer questions about the work. Yet the My Messages(on RetailForce) really do not seem like they are as informative with information like the Message Board on RetailStream. :-(

Now with that being said, I like working for CPM and I enjoy my work, and I really do not mind too much about having to eat up the cost of organizing all of my required monthly paperwork AND I really do not mind too much having to eat the cost of reading all of the requirements and instructions to do the various calls I need to make any time each month, however I just do not like being left in the lurch with regards to not being able to see what is going on with my paycheck (with regards to the itemization) AND not knowing if I have or if I will be reimbursed for all of this printing I am doing. GRRRRR!!! Shame on CPM! :-(

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2013 :  5:37:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nick, I feel your frustration and agree. I used to work for another company that was just as heavy on printing out paperwork. They handled it differently. They didn't reimburse per page. Instead, they allowed me to submit receipts for ink and paper. Sometimes they didn't even do that. Instead, I told the DM what printer I had and they sent me ink. (they bought it cheaper than I could have!) Also, and most important, they paid for ADMIN time!!! This was the time I spent printing, collating, etc.

For CPM ,it also takes me 3 plus hours on Sunday to print out everything for my stores. (and then I have to go back, later in the week for something I missed...sigh)

I have another company I work for, as an employee, and they also budget for admin time to read the stuff and enter the data. (CPM doesn't do this.)

I tried to submit 15 minutes special pay for entering data for CPM when it took me extra time due to the JRQ and the online reporting being very different and therefore time consuming. I was rejected.
All I can say is, again, don't just comment on Volition. Contact your DM and ALSO send a request, via the home page to have all your concerns addressed. fyi I don't have a warm fuzzy that my printing is being reimbursed,either.
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2013 :  7:12:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Laura_In_Az

Nick, I feel your frustration and agree. I used to work for another company that was just as heavy on printing out paperwork. They handled it differently. They didn't reimburse per page. Instead, they allowed me to submit receipts for ink and paper. Sometimes they didn't even do that. Instead, I told the DM what printer I had and they sent me ink. (they bought it cheaper than I could have!) Also, and most important, they paid for ADMIN time!!! This was the time I spent printing, collating, etc.

For CPM ,it also takes me 3 plus hours on Sunday to print out everything for my stores. (and then I have to go back, later in the week for something I missed...sigh)

I have another company I work for, as an employee, and they also budget for admin time to read the stuff and enter the data. (CPM doesn't do this.)

I tried to submit 15 minutes special pay for entering data for CPM when it took me extra time due to the JRQ and the online reporting being very different and therefore time consuming. I was rejected.
All I can say is, again, don't just comment on Volition. Contact your DM and ALSO send a request, via the home page to have all your concerns addressed. fyi I don't have a warm fuzzy that my printing is being reimbursed,either.

Thank you very much for your candid feedback Laura. I just hope that things will get better with CPM.

LOL!!! That is too funny, I also work for another merchandiser company as an employee AND we get generous ADMIN time, printing reimbursement, pay for mileage for any second or more store we visit on the same workday. Yet with that being said, the most I have ever had to print out for that company is no more than 5 pages per month, but I primarily work at one store 99 9/10% of the time. The only time I can work at more than one store per day, is when they have a special merchandising assignment that needs to be done at another store or when I fill in for other local merchandisers who are either on vacation or on medical leave . . . which only seems to happen about once every 4 or 5 months. :-( I wish I could get more work from that company, as it would be a perfect compliment to the hours I get working for CPM.

I just turned down a part-time merchandising job yesterday (that would have gave me about 5 hours of work per week within 10 miles of my home), but I turned it down due to all of the printing that you have to do, and they only pay 7 cents per page. :-( Yet as I go forward to try to get additional merchandising work (because I really do need the extra money), I am still going to base the job on how much printing I have to do and to see how long ADMIN time is . . . because if I see that I am getting ripped off up front, I am going to decline those jobs, when I balance the ADMIN time, my printing costs (ink, paper, wear-and-tear on my printer, time to print the average nunber of pages), the actual hours I physically work in the stores each week, and the time it takes to go the various locations.

I was sorry to hear about you not getting paid for that 15 minutes of overtime. WOW!!! I had never had that happen before, where I have ever got turned down for my overtime by CPM. Yet I try to work as efficiently and quick as possible while trying to do a quality job in the store, so that I will hopefully do all of the service calls UNDER the allotted time, then take that early finish of the service call time AND try to mentally attach it to the non-paid ADMIN work that I have done and need to do until I enter each service call into RetailForce.

For sure, I will take your advice and contact my DM and CPM to express my concerns . . . I doubt if anything will happen, but it can not hurt. :-)

Nick
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2013 :  3:57:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
With a good professional printer, 7 cents is plenty, if you do your shopping. I've had 3 different ones over the years, each getting better. Now I have a HP 8500A, it was expensive (to some), about $300. I was able to trade an old printer for $50 off, plus the store price matched Sams price, so I got it for $128 and it included ink.

I was printing about a ream (500 pages) per month, and the difference between my previous printer (HP 6300) usage of ink and the newer 8500A, was amazing. I previously used a cartridge of black ink every month, and with the new one, it took 3-4 months. I mark the cartridges when I install them. The cartridges costs almost the same.

Only problem I've had with it is that when 1 color of ink is out, the whole printer is shut down. Plus now, it's obselte, but I'm sure the 8600 is just as good, if not better.

Now since I'm not merchandising, but printing anything and everything I want, 1 of the color cartridges that I just changed I found that I installed it in Sept, 2012. Changed it out last week. Who knows how long it will be til the next change.

BTW, this is a printer, scanner, and fax. It also has the compatibity to read SD cards, Micro SD cards, USB along with being wireless. After having it for over 2 years, I'm still learning features.

I've figured that with buying paper on sale that I can print a color OR black and white page for less than 3 cents.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2013 :  10:02:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have the HP 8500A also and it is wonderful. I buy the extended ink cartridges which are a little more expensive than the regular ones because I do a lot of printing but they last longer. For what the printer initally cost I have gotten what I paid for the printer back 2-3 times by not having to go somewhere to pay for printing.
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2013 :  11:23:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you both MarlaB, and Marjorie. I appreciate your additional feedback. Thank so much. :-)

Nick
Go to Top of Page

JerryDS

Roanoke, VA
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2013 :  3:47:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I negotiated with my UPS store manager and she gave me a card to use for 5 cents per black only page. I make a lot of copies with more black then white on the page. It has saved me a great deal of money.

Jerry
Always looking for more work.
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2013 :  11:25:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JerryDS

I negotiated with my UPS store manager and she gave me a card to use for 5 cents per black only page. I make a lot of copies with more black then white on the page. It has saved me a great deal of money.

JerryDS, you lucky guy! Congratulations for getting a great deal like that. :-)

Nick
Go to Top of Page

JerryDS

Roanoke, VA
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2013 :  1:25:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You bet!! When I used my printer to print the pages it cost me $22 bucks to print the same amount of pages vs $6 bucks at UPS. They were POG's that had black over most of the page. Over the five years with this company I have saved $100's of dollars. And I also work for HP and have the newest HP printer. It is still more cost efficent to have copies made at a print store vs using your own printer.

Jerry
Always looking for more work.
Go to Top of Page

Coleen Armstrong
Apprentice

Richmond, TX
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2013 :  2:53:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi From CPM. We just want you to know that we are listening to your suggestions, and have some more updates on RetailForce as well as some in the works! You are now able to see what visits are being paid and on the pay date they are being paid on. Paperwork reimbursement will be able to be seen soon, it is in development. Thank you all for the great suggestions, and if you would like to make more, you can also send us an email at RHelp@cpm-us.com .
Thanks so much.

Coleen Armstrong
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2013 :  08:42:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am sorry that I have not been back to comment on some of the great feedback that I have received in the past few weeks, but I have been snowed-under with work for the past 3 weeks (doing CPM work and merchandising work for another company). I still have a couple of stores to do today and then I will be free again. However I was looking at my available work in RetailForce today, and I do not see any July work. It may be too early for them to load the scorecard work at least, yet I was just curious to know if others have already received some July work? Since we started using RetailForce in April, I have ALWAYS had 2 weeks of work assigned to me at all times . . . so this is the first time that I do not have any work that is due for the next 2 weeks.

Nick
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ģ Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums