Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: CPM US (formerly known as National In Store (NIS))
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

Tasha353
Contributor

NY
USA
57 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2013 :  06:12:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I heard we are not doing the Auditing of signage,ADA and pricing portion of the visits any longer. We will still be doing other merchandising work in the store and the scorecard minus the expired products. It believe the contract went to two other companies but don't know who.
Go to Top of Page

Bert M
Valued Contributor

Sharpsburg, MD
USA
109 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  10:24:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh goodness, I hope not. This was by far one of my favorite merch jobs ever. It even got me an unsuccessful stint as a CVS store supervisor. Liked being a merchandiser better (and the hours were better too). And we just got started on the new down load and report system.

Roberta
Go to Top of Page

Sally Farrington

Hathaway Pines, CA
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  04:34:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Crossmark is one. I'm so bummed....just really got to know all those P&G products and had those audits down!

Sally Farrington
Sally's World

Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  08:17:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Advantage is the other.
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2013 :  11:42:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you Tasha353 for your feedback. I guess at this point, we will have to wait to see what CPM actually ends up doing.

Bert M., how did you get a stint as a CVS supervisor? About 2 or 3 months ago, I had seen where CVS was looking to hire a Photo Technician (at 2 of the stores I service and about 3 other stores near me) . . . I had thought that it might be fun to work there as a Photo Technician and I was wondering if I had any clout to get a side job (as a Photo Technician) at one of the CVS stores I service, since the managers and employees have known me for almost a year, but when I saw that you have to be a backup cashier/be a cashier as needed, I opted not to consider it any longer, as I do not want to be a cashier and have the duties and responsibilities that go along with it. I have seen the long lines in CVS and do not want to deal with an angry mob of people waiting to check out . . . as I have seen how they throw their employees up there to be a cashier until they get rid of the angry mob standing in line. No thank you.

Sally, based on what Tasha had shared, it does not sound like we will be losing our P&G audits and P&G stocking calls.

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Bert M
Valued Contributor

Sharpsburg, MD
USA
109 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2013 :  10:17:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked at a CVS that was not on my route, but had the same DM. Just asked her one day if I filled out an application, could she take a look at it. She had seen me in almost all of my stores, and was impressed that I got in, got the work done to spec and got out. Even the bigger resets and fixture moving. No conflict due to the fact that I did not merch or audit this store. I made sure that I never let either job affect the other, but the hours got to be too much 40+ hours and still a part-time shift supervisor, most days with no real meal break. Gave it 9 months to see if it improved, it didn't. But my old supervisor from Borders saw me whining on FB and hired me away. Happy ending for both of us, commission sales, start time of 10am and no weekend nights.

Roberta
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2013 :  08:46:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bert M

I worked at a CVS that was not on my route, but had the same DM. Just asked her one day if I filled out an application, could she take a look at it. She had seen me in almost all of my stores, and was impressed that I got in, got the work done to spec and got out. Even the bigger resets and fixture moving. No conflict due to the fact that I did not merch or audit this store. I made sure that I never let either job affect the other, but the hours got to be too much 40+ hours and still a part-time shift supervisor, most days with no real meal break. Gave it 9 months to see if it improved, it didn't. But my old supervisor from Borders saw me whining on FB and hired me away. Happy ending for both of us, commission sales, start time of 10am and no weekend nights.

Thank you Roberta, I appreciate your feedback. Well it was nice that you took advantage of that opportunity, and at least there was a happy ending. :-)

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2014 :  7:37:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
After looking at my workload for my CVS stores from January 1st to January 26th, does anyone know why we will no long be doing a scorecard for our stores, which started this month? Did CVS opt not to keep track of this information any longer or did this function get assigned to another company?

Also, did the checking for expired product and price audits go back to corporate CVS personnel or did CVS assign the checking for expired product and price audits to another company?

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Bert M
Valued Contributor

Sharpsburg, MD
USA
109 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2014 :  8:05:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Out of date checking went to another company, but no more scorecards as well. Emailed my DM and she informed me that we were emailed about this a few months ago. This is my only merchandising job, so I doubt I would have missed it, unless it was from an unknown sender. Also, very suspicious, our payroll calendar only goes through March 2014.....huh.

Roberta
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2014 :  8:39:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am guessing that if the'scorecard' is still being done it is being done by the company that now does the rest of the CVS audit-pricing, expry etc. I still have a lot of work from them in CVS, however. They seem to have a lot of work in CVS.
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2014 :  10:29:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the feedback Bert and Laura.

Bert, YIKES!!! I thought it was strange that our payroll calendar only goes until March 2014. Yet based on your reply, it does has me thinking about the work that went away at the end of June last year and now the scorecard starting out the new year. So this now has me to thinking that maybe my months are numbered. Since I get very little correspondence from my DM, I never saw anything (in the past few months) from CPM corporate or my DM stating that the scorecard was going away . . . yet I do see that we still have to gather the monthly data on the beer, wine, and spirits. Yet thus far, it seems like my monthly work volume is very low this month. I hope I get more work/hours next month.

Laura, I am glad that things are going good for you.

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2014 :  5:25:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
NicK, I am with Advantage and we are doing the work that you are inquiring about.
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2014 :  7:25:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Maralyn. Have you all (Advantage) started doing the scorecards from the month of January as of yet? Last week when I told several managers at my stores about us (CPM) no longer doing the scorecards (starting this month), they were shocked and had never heard about this change.

quote:
Originally posted by Maralyn

NicK, I am with Advantage and we are doing the work that you are inquiring about.

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Coleen Armstrong
Apprentice

Richmond, TX
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2014 :  1:08:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nick,
You have alot of great questions, and I can answer them for you. On Dec 5th, 2013, Chuck Somborn sent out an email to all about CVS. I am sorry that you did not see that. Here is part of that email: "As with most years, you can expect changes in 2014, starting with the decision by CVS to move the CORE program to another one or two service providers starting in January. We wish them success with their new providers.he good news for CPM US is that its business as usual in CVS stores for our top client partners that we will continue to service throughout 2014. At this time, we see no change to our plans to service all CVS stores starting in January, except for the two week coverage window, which could be moved within the month based on the needs of our clients. As always, please watch RetailForce for all our work to post as soon as we get the details confirmed with our clients"

Also, in regards to the payroll calendar, RetailForce is being re-configured, and they beleive that it should be completed sometime in late Feb, and that will affect the payroll calender. So that is why the dates only reflect until March, so we can update as RF is completed.

I hope this helps!

Thanks

Coleen Armstrong
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2014 :  4:39:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nick, I have team-mates that have been doing them in their states for sometime now.....I was just assigned a store, I am not certified yet, so I begin in Feb., its a new store, only open for a few months.
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  03:22:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We still have tons of work in CVS, just not scorecard. Staples work is also booming. Never fear CPM isn't going anywhere!
Go to Top of Page

DavidATurner90
Apprentice

Bourbonnais, IL
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2014 :  5:03:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just received an email from a district manager on Tuesday. He phoned me back today and offered me a job on the spot. I will be servicing a CVS and Staples in my town. 2-3 visits each per month. I wouldn't mind more locations, but we only have one CVS and Staples in my town. Still, I'm excited to get this little part-time gig to supplement my full-time work.

David
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  09:59:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Coleen, thank you very much for the updates and for sharing that letter with me. It was very informative and helpful.

Thank you, Maralyn. Good luck with your new work, I hope that you enjoy the work as much as I did. I just really hated that we lost that contract with CVS. :-(

Thank you, Jenny. Right now, I do not seem to have as much work as I use to at CVS, now that the new year has started, yet I will have to wait to see the amount of work that I get in the next couple of months.

DATurner90, congratulations! I do hope that you get a satisfactory amount of hours per month working at both CVS and Staples as you supplement your full-time work. Yet in my case, it seems like with the new year, I now have 3 to 4 visits per CVS store per month, however each visit is only about 1 to hours long. Now it seems like I am making more visits per store each month, but the amount of time per store visit has been noticeably reduced. Just for the month of January, I can see that I have lost a small percentage of my monthly work hours. I hope that February provides me more work hours.

Nick
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
514 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2014 :  07:09:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We got a notice that CPM is being sued here in CA, Plaintiff is seeking class action status for wage violations, unreimbursed expenses among other violations. We remember the long hours of admin time.
MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2014 :  08:23:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey there Mindy,

I just received my notice a few days ago. I have mixed feelings about CPM. I was very disappointed when we lost our monthly audit CVS Pharmacy store contract in June and December of last year. Based on that fluff letter that CPM sent out saying that they still have enough work to keep us busy without the monthly audits (as we started the 2014 year), I must say that my work has been cut down to less than half of what it was, since the beginning of this year. It seems like the bulk of the work I do now at CVS is for Procter & Gamble and Mars. Luckily I was able to find more merchandising work with another merchandising company to replace most of the monthly hours I lost at CVS.

On a side note (to anyone reading this), I thought that Advantage was suppose to take our place at CVS as far as the monthly score audits were concerned? Upon talking to several of the CVS associates at a few of my CVS stores this year, they said that CVS corporate has their people doing those audits and that they were unfamiliar with another company doing the monthly score audits. Maybe some stores CVS corporate does those and some stores are done by Advantage?

Now that we are 8 months into the year, there are still several things that I do not like about CPM. I do not like pay schedule. I wish that they would pay every 2 weeks (i.e. every other Friday), as I find it troublesome to keep up with their pay period start / cut-off / pay dates. UGH!!! I still do not think I am fairly being paid for each page I have to print out. Yet I find it VERY frustrating that they often have so many pages to print out for (1) one campaign! I do not understand why they make it so complicated where we have to print out several line items to get all of the paperwork we need for (1) one campaign! The other merchandising company I work for, we only have to print out (1) one line item to get ALL of the paperwork we need to do the job, PLUS they pay ALL administration time. 75% of the time, the other merchandising company will mail us all of the paperwork we need to complete a call, then the 25% of the time where we have to print out our own paperwork for a call is due to a last minute call, where it is time sensitive where it is too late for them to mail the paperwork to us (yet they pay us for each page we print out).

Then I find it very frustrating and maddening for not getting paid for administration time. In my case, it is not unusual to have to print out 10 or so pages, just to do a 45 minute campaign. It may take my printer about 10 minutes to print out 10 pages (while taking me about 15 minutes to look at all of the paperwork I need to print out), yet it may take me about 30 minutes to read AND understand the campaign, then it may take me about 20 minutes to take photos (at the store) AND organize the photos (at home) AND complete the online report (at home). So there goes 1 hour and 15 minutes that I will never get back! I know that I am generalizing here, but this is pretty much the norm of spending a lot of time doing administration work, where I do not get paid for this . . . the only thing that takes some of the sting out of this is, I only have to printout and read the initial paperwork once (yet I still have to often take photos and organize them on my computer, and complete a report for each store). Also another thing that takes some of the sting out is, I usually can complete a call within 5 to 15 minutes less than the predetermined call time. Plus with my getting less CVS work, that means that is less time I have to do administration work AND not get paid for it.

Bottom line, I really wish something could be done about not being paid for all of the administration time we are required to do BUT are not being paid for any of it . . . I am not sure if that is in that CA class action lawsuit (I have not read the notice yet) . . . but if it is not in there, it SHOULD BE, since we are CPM employees and not Independent Contractors.

Nick
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums